An Iraq Veteran gives a personal message for Obama

CTA_Busa_LE

Donating Member
Registered
This has been posted already in another link. I believed it to be good enough that it should have its own link. I've seen it here as well as received it in emails, it's one that EVERY American should see in my opinion. Very moving to say the least.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also have not seen that one. As a former active duty Marine, I have to agree with this young warrior. He spoke about the things that we are NOT told in the liberal news media.
Flame me if you must, but because we live in the US of A I have the right and freedom to speak what I think. You do not have to agree with me and you too are awarded the freedom to speak your thoughts. Remember the fallen and disfigured before blasting them and what they have done.
We do not have to support the politics, but remember and support our fighting men and women.
Let the flaming begin.:whistle:

Firts let mesay I support our troops and appreciate all that they have accomplished and acheived....

However, I do not believe that our armed forces should be the police force for the world.. Don't we have enough wrong at home here in the US?
Again, I believe our troops do an admirable job when ever called upon and they are all indeed heroes for carrying out there missions, both home and abroad...

Here is were my opinion differs from the video, I do not believe that we ever had any business in Iraq.... Saddam Husein was no real treat to the US ..
While he was a tyrant and a butcher to his people, YES, I do not getting rid of him was worth even one solders life... The rest of the world DOES NOT appreciate our sacrifice... And I'm not making this statement based off of media images, I happen to have a few coworkers that are of middle eastern decent, (Syria, and Lebanon..) Both co workers are Christians, and both tell stories of how much hatred exists between Muslims and Christians in the area countries, both co-workers are well traveled and well educated..

They both tell the same story to me,
The USA cannot solve the root problem in the middle east, Muslims and Christians in the region for many years have NOT been able to get along, and it has only gotten worse with the rise of radical Islam.... The USA cannot change the way these people think, our presence there actually causes enemies like Shiites and Sunni Muslims to actually work together AGAINST US....

Make no mistake,many people over there in the region need help, I understand that but at what costs to us ??
Were is the help being sent to Africa ? Plenty of blood thirsty dictators over there?

Most of our politicians in Congress both Democratic & Republican have never served in any armed forces ??? What makes these people qualified to send our guys into harms way? Why is the American public so quick to believe what ever they see on TV or on the INTERNET? Why don't most people read books and research things any more instead of accepting everything as gospel ???

Sorry for the rant, just saying, I support the guys, respect what there doing... Wish we didn't loose any of em !!!!

But I do not believe that we need to be there, and I know I'm not
un-american...
The whole middle east issue is just way to complicated to resolve with the US armed forces... Unless we intend to be there for the next 50 - 100 years or so...

Firts let mesay I support our troops and appreciate all that they have accomplished and acheived....

However, I do not believe that our armed forces should be the police force for the world.. Don't we have enough wrong at home here in the US?
Again, I believe our troops do an admirable job when ever called upon and they are all indeed heroes for carrying out there missions, both home and abroad...

Here is were my opinion differs from the video, I do not believe that we ever had any business in Iraq.... Saddam Husein was no real treat to the US ..
While he was a tyrant and a butcher to his people, YES, I do not getting rid of him was worth even one solders life... The rest of the world DOES NOT appreciate our sacrifice... And I'm not making this statement based off of media images, I happen to have a few coworkers that are of middle eastern decent, (Syria, and Lebanon..) Both co workers are Christians, and both tell stories of how much hatred exists between Muslims and Christians in the area countries, both co-workers are well traveled and well educated..

The USA cannot solve the root problem in the middle east, Muslims and Christians in the region for many years have NOT been able to get along, and it has only gotten worse with the rise of radical Islam.... The USA cannot change the way these people think, our presence there actually causes enemies like Shiites and Sunni Muslims to actually work together AGAINST US....

Make no mistake,many people over there in the region need help, I understand that but at what costs to us ??
Were is the help being sent to Africa ? Plenty of blood thirsty dictators over there?

Most of our politicians in Congress both Democratic & Republican have never served in any armed forces ??? What makes these people qualified to send our guys into harms way? Why is the American public so quick to believe what ever they see on TV or on the INTERNET? Why don't most people read books and research things any more instead of accepting everything as gospel ???

Sorry for the rant, just saying, I support the guys, respect what there doing... Wish we didn't loose any of em !!!!

un-american...
The whole middle east issue is just way to complicated to resolve with the US armed forces... Unless we intend to be there for the next 50 - 100 years or so...
That video sent shivers down my spine.

While I do appreciate your opinion, and I think there is a lot of truth to the fact that we cannot change their way of thinking, I believe that what has been done over there was an amazing thing. Soldiers giving their lives for the freedom of people not of their country, not of their descent, people they have never met nor probably ever would have met.

To call it a mistake to remove a mass murdering dictator is stupid. Whether or not you believe we should be there, you have to admit that we have made a difference, and it's been a positive thing for many. And to disrespect the troops and say that what they have done means nothing is, in my humble opinion, insane. If a man or women is willing to give their life for the freedom of another that should be enough to make anyone think twice about calling this whole situation a mistake.

un-american...

If you actually believe that, you should never get involved if you see someone breaking into your neighbors house. After all, you probably have enough trouble under your our roof (like most uf us have), to get involved in calling the police or trying to stop the burglers. And, they will not be bothering you if they are breaking into your neighbors house. If you see someone in a hit and run, don't get involved! You need to worry about getting that pack of smokes from the store you were going to when you saw the crime.

If you see a teenager driving like an idiot through town, don't get involved. It won't be you that gets run over by his reckless driving.

Why should we have gotten involved when S H (saddam Hussein or Sh$# Head, your choice) invaded Kuwait? Those people are not us.

There is no difference in these scenarios, just the scale has been changed.

I have seen many of the places we have "gotten involved in" and many we have not. The world is a better place because of the United States of America! :cheerleader:

Last edited:

un-american...

I agree!

That video sent shivers down my spine.

While I do appreciate your opinion, and I think there is a lot of truth to the fact that we cannot change their way of thinking, I believe that what has been done over there was an amazing thing. Soldiers giving their lives for the freedom of people not of their country, not of their descent, people they have never met nor probably ever would have met.

To call it a mistake to remove a mass murdering dictator is stupid. Whether or not you believe we should be there, you have to admit that we have made a difference, and it's been a positive thing for many. And to disrespect the troops and say that what they have done means nothing is, in my humble opinion, insane. If a man or women is willing to give their life for the freedom of another that should be enough to make anyone think twice about calling this whole situation a mistake.

Well said JC! :bowdown:

Back