Alright Political and Religious threads over

I could keep going but I think this will suffice. This site is more than just a website and a forum... We hear it from the folks that have been around for years and we hear it from the new people that come online, this place is like family.

Maintaining the spirit of Respect, unified cooperation, integrity and having some honor is what will keep this place from just fading away. How many websites can you honestly say are still thriving after 10 years online? How many websites have caved to the request of a few just to be politically correct?

The friendships made here are what make us different than most any other website out there, it's not the bike, its not the forum... Friendship! What comes with a good friendship? Think about it..... A good friendship is made up of Caring about the other person, honesty (Honor), wanting good things for the other person (Integrity) never screwing them over, treating them the way you want to be treated (respect).....

You make real friendships the rest comes along with the package.... At all cost we must maintain friendships even if we do have to give up discussing political or religious threads. I would say that 99% of us could sit down at a table and discuss any topic and the conversation never get heated. There is too much room on the Internet for mis interpretation or ill feelings. The best thing to do is just make them go away........

Please tell me you guys understand that.....

Cap

absolutely, i think you made the right call on this one...you asked politely, you attempted to use reason, and you gave warnings but they were not being heeded

it is sort of like a child with a hot stove, you have to put a gate in the door and ban them from the entire kitchen to keep them from burning themselves (btw, i am not calling anyone here a child, i'm just using that for an example so i hope i don't offend anyone)

It honestly makes no difference to me...I don't bother with the political or religion threads because I am here to have fun...those things are not fun to me. I believe in God, and that is between him and I...not up for discussion with others.

I noticed one of my posts was called out as inappropriate. Sorry if I have offended, I figure we are all adults and a little adult humour (found on CNN?!?!) is harmless. Have a great day!

Cap

Absolutely I understand, and have appreciated this place from day one. You're absoluetly right about how an internet discussion will differ from one in person. The comraderie here amazes me, and our heated discussions remind me of some I had with my dad when I was a teenager. It's very family like, but certain combinations of internet personalities don't mix well. I back you 100% on your decision.

Back you 100%, way to go Cap. :thumbsup:

discussions ok, even some heated ones, but personel attacks are not. :rulez:

Sayonara! Dont bother me any...back to basics sounds good to me Doug:thumbsup:

Some day, if we can show that we can debate the issues without attacking the people, maybe we will be able to have those topics reenstated.

I for one look forward to that day.
It will show how as a group we have grown and put the petty stuff behind us.
Lots of people have contributed willingly to those types of threads, and without incident, so I feel I am not alone in looking to the day when they can come back, with productive discussions and statements of points of view.

I for one look forward to that day.
It will show how as a group we have grown and put the petty stuff behind us.
Lots of people have contributed willingly to those types of threads, and without incident, so I feel I am not alone in looking to the day when they can come back, with productive discussions and statements of points of view.

:thumbsup:I think you and I may have been on opposite sides one time or another, well said.

:thumbsup:I think you and I may have been on opposite sides one time or another, well said.

Thanks. :bowdown:

If we were not, then I do look forward to the day we are.
I have always stated that you can't learn anything or grow, by only hearing opinions that agree with you.
:thumbsup:

CAP had never seen your post from 2006 very interesting history of the .org. Dontcha just hate thieves?

I disagree 2006 is not way back...well maybe is is and I am just getting older. Ugh.

Great read on the history of the .org. It makes this crazy community that much better knowing about how it formed and all the hard work that went into it.

There will be a test at the Spring Bash...

It's true, I too have been guilty of sharing my disagreements with the president. This is a motorcycle forum, therefor I will refrain from sharing my political opinion. (Hopefully my brain remembers before my fingers react to some of the posts).

As for religion, I agree wholeheartedly Cap. ...and if I can ever help anyone with a religious topic, question, or just pray, feel free to let me know. I am here for you.

I could keep going but I think this will suffice. This site is more than just a website and a forum... We hear it from the folks that have been around for years and we hear it from the new people that come online, this place is like family.

Maintaining the spirit of Respect, unified cooperation, integrity and having some honor is what will keep this place from just fading away. How many websites can you honestly say are still thriving after 10 years online? How many websites have caved to the request of a few just to be politically correct?

The friendships made here are what make us different than most any other website out there, it's not the bike, its not the forum... Friendship! What comes with a good friendship? Think about it..... A good friendship is made up of Caring about the other person, honesty (Honor), wanting good things for the other person (Integrity) never screwing them over, treating them the way you want to be treated (respect).....

You make real friendships the rest comes along with the package.... At all cost we must maintain friendships even if we do have to give up discussing political or religious threads. I would say that 99% of us could sit down at a table and discuss any topic and the conversation never get heated. There is too much room on the Internet for mis interpretation or ill feelings. The best thing to do is just make them go away........

Cap

Totally understood, Cap'n... just a few of the many reasons I keep comin back here since I sold the Busa and picked up a Hardley~ Like it says under my screen name.. I've still got luv for my Busa family~ I'm just more of the red headed step child these days... and I can live with that! :beerchug:

Last edited:
Back