My "Reason for the Season" Blog (religious)

No need for everyone to go all postal on each other.....this is the org! :thumbsup:

Regardless of your beliefs, or thoughts....or skill at googling :laugh: (had to throw that in) We all should be thankful for all the great things we have in life this coming week. Family, friends, other loved ones, those who are still gainfully employed for their jobs, and one of the greatest things that brings us all together......our bikes!

For those that haven't had the best of times this past year or two through the recession with all the job cuts and company closures, your in my thoughts...and dare I say prayers, for what you need in life to happen. Keep the faith my brothers (and sisters).

Now everyone eat some turkey this week, take a 3 hr nap afterward and hopefully you don't have to work and can enjoy the day off with whomever you choose - or by yourself for you loner rebels out there. :laugh:

Regardless of the origins, I for one am completely sick of the commercialization of every holiday, Christmas particularly. Advertising tells you not to be satisfied with anything less than the most expensive, best performing, latest edition of whatever. People go into debt racking up bills for gifts they don't need to buy, for fear that somebody will out-do them, or not like them if they don't. It's utterly ridiculous. Gift giving is about the thought that somebody cares about you enough to include you in their plans. Some of the best gifts I have recieved cost little or nothing, but were thoughtful and all the more pleasing because of that. Christ lived a quiet, modest life. If, as so many people want to belive, christmas is a celebration of His birth, shouldn't the way we act more closely reflect his humility, frugality and kindness?
It's not about who spent the most. If you have plenty, by all means give more, but please don't equate cost of a present with the amount of love a person has for you. They are not the same .....
Amen Mr Brown. Does this mean that all Browns think alike? :thumbsup:

Ogre... You're asking for a fight. The fact is that the event known as christmas is an integration of Pagan rituals celebrating the Winter Solstice and its celestial events. It was a festive day well before the jesus birth mythology supplanted its true origin for the purpose of assimilating non-christians into forced servitude. Enjoy your Holiday..

Sounds like somebody never got that Red Rider they always wanted for Christmas. ???

Bah! Humbug! :laugh:

Where does Cinco de Mayo fit into this discussion of Holidays?!?!?:beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

And let's not forget Arbor Day... God made trees ya know... And trees make shade... and without shade we wouldn't have shade tree mechanics. And without mechanics your Busas wouldn't run very long. And this would make you sad. So to summerize - God loves Busas. And this should make you happy.

The history of Arbor Day. I didn't Google this - Just had to say.

Also, Easter has its origins from Pagan roots, it is a description of an ancient Babylonian family—2,000 years before Christ—honoring the resurrection of their god, Tammuz, who was brought back from the underworld by his mother/wife, Ishtar (after whom the festival was named). As Ishtar was actually pronounced “Easter” in most Semitic dialects...its a long story, but no Christs resurrection there.:beerchug:

Also, Easter has its origins from Pagan roots, it is a description of an ancient Babylonian family—2,000 years before Christ—honoring the resurrection of their god, Tammuz, who was brought back from the underworld by his mother/wife, Ishtar (after whom the festival was named). As Ishtar was actually pronounced “Easterâ€￾ in most Semitic dialects...its a long story, but no Christs resurrection there.:beerchug:

I thought it was a pagan ritual celebrating reproduction... I was told, and have read, the Ishtar part, but also reproduction somehow fit in, and that's how the rabbit (screwin like rabbits) and the eggs fit in...

As for the rest, I choose to celebrate Christmas, Easter and Thanksgiving as a reason to get together with Friends and Family. I am a Christian, but too many Christians believe it as Jesus' birth, which it's not... IIRC Jesus' birth should be around the first harvest in Israel... But I might be wrong, been a while since my friend and I were looking it up and studying it...

Sounds like somebody never got that Red Rider they always wanted for Christmas. ???

Bah! Humbug! :laugh:

There ain't no humbug about it. I'd just prefer to know the truth about December 25th.

By the way, I did get a Daisy single pump when I was around 7 or 8 years old.. :laugh:

Don't see anyone going postal at each other....

However the Op imposed an idea/perception of good intentions, just didn't have a complete list of facts.

Yes Google did turn out to be very useful. Saved a lot of typing is all. Just like
yamahor, memory does fail over time. :laugh: Good news is that there was a study done on motorcycle riders vs non-riders on such things as memory and guess what? Riders retained more information and had better reflexes! :beerchug:

My take on what the holidays does for me and my family/friends? It's an excuse to bring us together so we can show how much we appreciate one another. Catch up on stuff we wouldn't normally have the time to. With today's modern society, family(Large) gatherings are becoming far and few between for most.

As far as removing such things as "in God we Trust" off currency. I would think that having the personal knowledge of your lord to be suffice enough. Nothing monetary should ever effect that! Certainly it isn't God's intentions for his followers to have such great concern? The only thing that would effect one relationship with God is one lack of belief. No symbols should. :please: A person with a rosemary in their hand isn't going to be heard any more then one without when they pray? :please:

Orge here's a question to ask your preacher,minster,pasture(whichever it may be)...

How did the cross(symbol) come into Christianity?

Ask, don't Google as one fellow member point out the ease in. Post your findings from the words of the man whom is teaching you the words of god. I am curious as to the extent of his knowledge.

Mind you I'm not trying to anger/upset you in any way,just having a little friendly exchange of point of views. :beerchug:

far as i know, the cross is in remembrance of the sacrifice made by jesus at golgatha. god allowed his only begotten son to take upon his shoulders all the sins of man, and die a sinners death, that we may be viewed as righteous in the father's eyes. you'll probably google me wrong tho.

oh, and if you're basing your argument on google, there are a dozen different explanations as to the origins of christmas. one just as wrong as the other. it doesn't really matter tho, i'm just sick of this rabid commercialization of christmas.

The irony of commercialization is that the Christians commercialized on other ideas to gain followers.

Religion evolves for many reason's. Two main ones are to grow in number and not to lose numbers. Till death due us part... divorce. Pro-life... Abortion. Just like your one website you mentioned in an other thread. "Skull.....com". How does the concept of human skull/black background fit into the ways of "God". Adapting what the young relate to. Skateboard T-shirts,etc... That website is doing exactly what you claim to despise. Acceptable to you cause it's trying to gain followers. I'm not saying it's wrong,but even the most "Good at Heart" people "Commercialize" for gain. ???

Back