Christmas is For Christ?  NOT!

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
Yeah the reason for the season is Christ's Birthday!

WRONG!

"Christmas" Has NOTHING to DO WITH CHRIST! The More you swear up and down that it does the sillier you sound.

Go ahead, look it up. It's the Winter Solstice, a Pagan celebration of the shortest day, marking a return to shorter Nights and more sun and warmth to come...

Christians Couldn't Murder and Abuse the Pagans into NON-existence so POW here it is a "Christian Holiday". Oh and BTW, You Pagans? BAM YOUR Christians, look you even party on the same days...

Easter as well, SAME THING...

So by all means, Decorate your Pagan Tree! Hang your PAGAN Wreath, Wrap your PAGAN Gifts, and Set Fire to Your PAGAN Yule LOG, while enjoying your PAGAN Feast!
super.gif

AND, Make darn Sure you enjoy your Tree!!!

Heathens.
ices_rofl.gif

Jeremiah 10:2-4 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)

Public Domain
[A Public Domain Bible] [KJV at Zondervan] [Zondervan]

2Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

3For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

4They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.[/Quote]

Interesting there is NO MENTION of "ChristMas" in the Bible... Strange huh? No mention of Wrapping Gifts etc...

How about the Easter Bunny? NOPE nothing there either.

The Church and Money that's what it is all about... I see GIANT Singing Christmas trees at Churches and Laugh my a55 off. Here is a Pagan Celebration, endorsed and rubber stamped by the Church. I find it awesome that even today, Pagan rituals and symbols are featured so heavily in Christianity, especially during Solstice, Equinox etc...

Funny how so few Christians and their churches look this in the eyes. I suppose if they did they would have to admit that easter is a Pagan celebration ALSO not about Christ...

You want to put your faith in your Church that is now Slathered in Pagan Symbology and images? Go ahead.

You most likely have a Tree in the house and a wreath and lights up somewhere right? Yup, a house FILLED TO OVERFLOWING, with Pagan ritual and images...

It's all good, just remember that according to your own Book... "Learn not the way of the heathen"

Bunch of heathens!
laugh.gif

All that being said? IT SHOULD BE CALLED CHRISTMAS!!! WHY?

BECAUSE that is what the Majority of Americans want... This crybaby Bullcrap from every little religious Group and Special interest group SHOULD NOT have the RIGHT to have Trees REMOVED, or Decorations Taking DOWN!

It's Bullcrap and it's NOT what the Majority wants. Minority Groups and Special interest groups have created a Nation of Victims supported by a legal system that allows it...

It's called DEMOCRACY and it's what the MAJORITY wants. Not what some self important "Victim" or Victims want.

You don't want to Celebrate a Pagan holiday along with the Majority of America? DON'T, Do your Own thing! But you shouldn't expect the Majority to give a rats bootie about you and your special needs or worry about weather or not you are offended...

Merry Christmas Everyone! Hugs and Kisses! Uncle Rev.

Rev, what's the matter, somebody not make it on Santa's "NICE" list this year?

laugh.gif

P.

(Postal @ Dec. 12 2006,14:30) Rev, what's the matter, somebody not make it on Santa's "NICE" list this year?

laugh.gif

P.
Yeah... I've been Naughty again...

It's all good, I figure I'll snipe Santa off the Neighbors roof... Make up for a rough childhood of never getting what I wanted...
crazy.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

One thing that I find to be a huge rift in my own psyche though, is my out and out LOVE of this time of year. I love the lights, the christmas tree is my Favorite, the snuggling in front of the fire with someone or something that ya love.... Oh Man I just love Christmas.

Weird huh, as much as I am Anti-Everything, you'd think that I'd be Anti-christmas as well... But it must just appeal to some left over pagan blood or something. I love giving gifts, I like surprises (Thank you Brenda and Greg) and over all it's just fun...

I even find myself missing my family which is strange for me.

Staying out of the Malls and shopping early helps alot I think though.

(mymaster @ Dec. 12 2006,15:15) Your not using the Percocet again, are you?
SHOCKED.gif
Funny you should mention that... I'm not, but last week I had a severe Back Spasm kicking my butt and I did finally break down and went to the Vet.

Oddly enough he gave me percocets and cyclobenziprine. I don't remember nothing after that... Stopped taking them friday and just transitioned to a lot of ibuprofin... Just didn't like being so out of it.

ices_rofl.gif
I'm good now though, firing on all cylinders with only the occasional backfire and miss.

Mostly I just thought that it needed saying, too many folks getting fired up about WHAT TO CALL THE HOLIDAY for the religous reasons... When it's really about democracy and freedom, NOT Christianity.

Or

I like stirring things up a little now and then and it's been a couple of months...
argue.gif

It's always interesting to hear and read others opinions and interpretations.

God Bless Us All!!

Thank You Lord for the gift of free will.

I friggin' hate Christmas.

It's that ultra critical time of year when people assuage their guilty consciences by helping people they should have been helping all along.

H.org actually does help people year 'round which is the primary reason I like hangin' out here.

But please. Helping the homeless at Thanksgiving and Christmas? Fine go ahead. But don't forget to help them on Februaray 23rd, too. And July 19th. Etc. etc. Nothing wrong with helping out the rest of the year.

--Wag--

Rev, you are 100% correct. That's how I was raised. Never celebrated a holiday other than Thanksgiving until I moved out on my own.

The only thing the Bible says to honor on a regular basis is the Last Supper(communion) The Catholic church has changed all of the holidays to make them "Christian" that's why the Davinci Code kinda makes ya think about what else the Catholics have covered up over the years
rock.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

(Revlis @ Dec. 12 2006,17:17) Yeah the reason for the season is Christ's Birthday!

WRONG!  

"Christmas" Has NOTHING to DO WITH CHRIST!  The More you swear up and down that it does the sillier you sound.

Go ahead, look it up.   It's the Winter Solstice, a Pagan celebration of the shortest day, marking a return to shorter Nights and more sun and warmth to come...  

Christians Couldn't Murder and Abuse the Pagans into NON-existence so POW here it is a "Christian Holiday".   Oh and BTW, You Pagans?  BAM YOUR Christians, look you even party on the same days...

Easter as well, SAME THING...  

So by all means, Decorate your Pagan Tree!  Hang your PAGAN Wreath, Wrap your PAGAN Gifts, and Set Fire to Your PAGAN Yule LOG, while enjoying your PAGAN Feast!    
super.gif

AND, Make darn Sure you enjoy your Tree!!!  

Heathens.  
ices_rofl.gif

Jeremiah 10:2-4 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)

Public Domain
[A Public Domain Bible] [KJV at Zondervan] [Zondervan]

2Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

3For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

4They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

Interesting there is NO MENTION of "ChristMas" in the Bible...  Strange huh?  No mention of Wrapping Gifts etc...

How about the Easter Bunny?  NOPE nothing there either.

The Church and Money that's what it is all about...  I see GIANT Singing Christmas trees at Churches and Laugh my a55 off. Here is a Pagan Celebration, endorsed and rubber stamped by the Church.  I find it awesome that even today, Pagan rituals and symbols are featured so heavily in Christianity, especially during Solstice, Equinox etc...  

Funny how so few Christians and their churches look this in the eyes.  I suppose if they did they would have to admit that easter is a Pagan celebration ALSO not about Christ...

You want to put your faith in your Church that is now Slathered in Pagan Symbology and images?  Go ahead.  

You most likely have a Tree in the house and a wreath and lights up somewhere right?  Yup, a house FILLED TO OVERFLOWING, with Pagan ritual and images...  

It's all good, just remember that according to your own Book... "Learn not the way of the heathen"

Bunch of heathens!  
laugh.gif

All that being said?  IT SHOULD BE CALLED CHRISTMAS!!!  WHY?

BECAUSE that is what the Majority of Americans want...  This crybaby Bullcrap from every little religious Group and Special interest group SHOULD NOT have the RIGHT to have Trees REMOVED, or Decorations Taking DOWN!

It's Bullcrap and it's NOT what the Majority wants.  Minority Groups and Special interest groups have created a Nation of Victims supported by a legal system that allows it...

It's called DEMOCRACY and it's what the MAJORITY wants.  Not what some self important "Victim" or Victims want.

You don't want to Celebrate a Pagan holiday along with the Majority of America?  DON'T,  Do your Own thing!  But you shouldn't expect the Majority to give a rats bootie about you and your special needs or worry about weather or not you are offended...

Merry Christmas Everyone!  Hugs and Kisses!  Uncle Rev.[/Quote]
And what was your point?
poke.gif

(Revlis @ Dec. 12 2006,15:06) One thing that I find to be a huge rift in my own psyche though, is my out and out LOVE of this time of year. I love the lights, the christmas tree is my Favorite, the snuggling in front of the fire with someone or something that ya love.... Oh Man I just love Christmas.

Weird huh, as much as I am Anti-Everything, you'd think that I'd be Anti-christmas as well... But it must just appeal to some left over pagan blood or something. I love giving gifts, I like surprises (Thank you Brenda and Greg) and over all it's just fun...

I even find myself missing my family which is strange for me.

Staying out of the Malls and shopping early helps alot I think though.
Sounds to me like the holy spirit of Christ is tugging at your soul trying to open your eyes so that you will come to know your savior...

Uhh just a thought
biggrin.gif

(thrasherfox @ Dec. 12 2006,19:20) Sounds to me like the holy spirit of Christ is tugging at your soul trying to open your eyes so that you will come to know your savior...  
sounds plausible to me

(RaveCrusader @ Dec. 12 2006,17:30)
(Revlis @ Dec. 12 2006,15:06) Weird huh, as much as I am Anti-Everything...
How exactly can one be anti-everything?
I dunno Bbut Now I'm anti...YOU.
wink.gif

But ask VaBusa, I think she pointed it out once or twice.

Back