Hey Folks, Political threads need to be posted in the Political Forum.

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
The political forum still isn't a free for all, but we need to work together to keep General Thoughts General bike related and Random thoughts a bit more random.

I'm not really into deleting posts, but I will when there are political posts in NON political Threads.

This is Hayabusa.org and we are family. As such we need to remember to respect everyone's point of view and help keep the house clean.

I have a hard time biting my tongue and I am hardly the model of reasoned courteous posting. However I keep trying as we all should be to make everyone welcome.

Regardless of Color, Religious belief or political affiliation. If we try and approach things respectfully and understand that we are not all going to agree all the time the board will be better for it.

If we want to take these matters seriously and really debate them there are forums for just such things.

Here's a few that really could use some Serious Christian Conservative point of view.

From the Most heavily moderated and above the belt to the least and everything goes.

FreeRatio.org
Talkrational.org
and the dirty bunch is
RantsNRaves.org

These are all forums dedicated to political or religious debate. I really do encourage the Conservatives and the Christians here who really want to stand up and make their viewpoints known to head to any of these. They tend to be heavily liberal and could really use a dose of what I consider to be reality in many cases. :thumbsup:

I'm not saying you HAVE to go to these if you want to discus matters religious or political, I am saying that there are forums out there for just this type of debate.

Have a fantastic Weekend everyone, ride hard...

makes sense to me, a bit of political news here and there seems okay, but as you say the in-depth discussion has its its place.

I agree. At the same time I don't have to click on the threads, they are clearly known.

I'll take this flame opportunity, I don't like it when our Presidents get treated like crap. Regardless of who they are or what party they belong, we need to have a little more respect for our Presidents. I've seen some post lately that really are disturbing.

I agree. At the same time I don't have to click on the threads, they are clearly known.

I'll take this flame opportunity, I don't like it when our Presidents get treated like crap. Regardless of who they are or what party they belong, we need to have a little more respect for our Presidents. I've seen some post lately that really are disturbing.

I noticed that a few years ago, the Clinton jokes were one thing. Im not real big on GW, but it still seemed odd to be makin fun of his intellect (think i spelled that wrong:laugh:) he was the elected leader of our country. PS- those jokes were some funny $h#t tho:whistle:

I know it's easy to just NOT click on threads that are questionable and likely to be inflammatory.

But sometimes, it's just not that easy. Also, if we keep the politics separate, it will likely cut down on the folks just hoping into the threads to stir the pot and spout ignorance or hate on what was otherwise a worthwhile discussion. :thumbsup:

I still don't get what is wrong with the whole idea if you don't like it click on something else? Ill comply with the rules If i know what they are and apply to everyone equally, actually I try to comply knowing there are different sets if rules because I do like the people here.

I also wonder why post other links? The reason people post here, be it religion, politics or daily jokes, is because we know each other and value the opinions of the people on this site.

I guess my point is we should all be grown up enough to discuss many issues while remaining respectful to each other and all points of view. We should also be able to disagree in a respectful way without fear that some sort of retribution will occur if we don't follow the popular opinion of the day.

Just my thoughts. Happy Sunday everyone.
Posted via Mobile Device

I still don't get what is wrong with the whole idea if you don't like it click on something else? Ill comply with the rules If i know what they are and apply to everyone equally, actually I try to comply knowing there are different sets if rules because I do like the people here.

I also wonder why post other links? The reason people post here, be it religion, politics or daily jokes, is because we know each other and value the opinions of the people on this site.

I guess my point is we should all be grown up enough to discuss many issues while remaining respectful to each other and all points of view. We should also be able to disagree in a respectful way without fear that some sort of retribution will occur if we don't follow the popular opinion of the day.

Just my thoughts. Happy Sunday everyone.
Posted via Mobile Device

I would respectfully disagree. The bottom line is we are essentially strangers that share a common interest on the world wide web. We aspire to be a family because for the most part we are decent folks but really...we're strangers. That said, the last thing two or more strangers need to discuss before they truly know and respect each other are 'Religion and Politics'. I would never attend a bash or get together and begin mouthing off to any of you about my personal political or religious beliefs...just wouldn't do it. Why do that on this forum? Keep these incendiary topics in the political forum where you know what the score is if you enter.

Just my .02

:thumbsup:
I would respectfully disagree. The bottom line is we are essentially strangers that share a common interest on the world wide web. We aspire to be a family because for the most part we are decent folks but really...we're strangers. That said, the last thing two or more strangers need to discuss before they truly know and respect each other are 'Religion and Politics'. I would never attend a bash or get together and begin mouthing off to any of you about my personal political or religious beliefs...just wouldn't do it. Why do that on this forum? Keep these incendiary topics in the political forum where you know what the score is if you enter.

Just my .02

Just my .02

I agree with this too. Of all the web boards I've been a member of, I've never seen one as "in your face" with the proselytizing and radical AM radio style conservatism as this one is. A number of the threads started here are just odd, and contribute no value. A little of that is to be expected, but sometimes the weeds overtake the grass.

Thanks Revlis for stepping up.

goawl and f=,

I have met and had off .org conversations with a few members. I have much respect for them. Many of them have done the same with other members. If you have not established a relationship outside of the .org then you are missing out. This is why I can say that I do value the opinions of many members here.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes, it's not like politics and the direction the country takes, is important or anything. I'm glad the PC thought police rushed in to save our fragile sensibilities, from self inflicted injuries. They rightly anticipated that the boards intellectual coward's would accidentally read too deep into an evil political thread until it was too late, and they were surrounded by thought provoking 'points of view', or offending 'opinions'. No need to roll into an a$$ ball my friends as long as we have Mod's to think for us. :rofl:

Oh, what exactly does not being random enough mean?

Last edited:
SS I don't disagree with you. Most of us here share one common interest...a particular model of motorcycle. From that common ground friendships, or just acquaintances, can be built. In many respects, this board is like a giant Hayabusa rally, where people are standing around admiring one another's bikes and carrying on normal social conversations.

Then from time to time, someone climbs on top of the highest object they can find and starts professing their faith, lack thereof, or radical political ideology. Have they had too much to drink?

1/4th of the rally members cheer the speaker, 1/2 observe, confused why someone would act out like this in polite society, 1/4 express their disagreement with either the ideology, or the behavior.

I value many of the opinions of most of the members here. I suspect I'd value some of the opinions of all of the members here...if they'd focus on building from a common interest before sentencing themselves to irrelevance by starting off with proclaimations of faith or extreme political ideologies. It is unreasonable to expect I'll value all of the opinions of all of the members.

It's always better to be exposed to a wide variety of opinions, than to be sheltered in a world of like voices. That said, there are subjects that just aren't shouted out in polite conversations among strangers or acquaintainces...which many here are.

Perhaps the board culture seems strange to me because I've only been a member here a short while and I haven't had time to see more socially acceptable behavior from those who occasionally get wound up about something or other.

We should all keep in mind the phrase "You shout so loudly I cannot hear what you are saying."

But if I'd posted that Steelers joke in the Political Forum, people would have known it was a political joke! Wow, you feds are hard asses. :poke: :rofl:

I didnt consider my thread of camp kitmo prisoners being released here to be political. I CAN see how it could be though:beerchug: I just looked at it as an interesting article. My apologies.

My .02 on these threads being here is this....It is a HUGE life changing event right now for all of us. We ea. have our own little spot in the world. With the mass media out there airing a majority of one side of the issue I have found myself taking an interest in something (politics) that I've spent my life avoiding. I also feel an obligation to let the other side out (that I feel is the TRUTH) to those in MY little spot in the world.

Yes this is a busa forum but you can only talk about tre's, oil, and brakes so many times:laugh: If the sky was falling we'd have alot of threads about that for awhile :lol:

From the threads I have been apart of everyone has been courteous, respected ea others views, and have given some insite from a dif perspectiive.

I will continue to be repectful of other views and keep my posts to facts only:beerchug: er mostly:laugh:

My .02 on these threads being here is this....It is a HUGE life changing event right now for all of us. We ea. have our own little spot in the world. With the mass media out there airing a majority of one side of the issue I have found myself taking an interest in something (politics) that I've spent my life avoiding. I also feel an obligation to let the other side out (that I feel is the TRUTH) to those in MY little spot in the world.

Yes this is a busa forum but you can only talk about tre's, oil, and brakes so many times:laugh: If the sky was falling we'd have alot of threads about that for awhile :lol:

From the threads I have been apart of everyone has been courteous, respected ea others views, and have given some insite from a dif perspectiive.

I will continue to be repectful of other views and keep my posts to facts only:beerchug: er mostly:laugh:

+1, didn't mean to start a PC conversation with my thread either. It was a random thought so I thought it went there. Sorry didn't realize we had a political section for random political thoughts. I thought everyone was respectful though, no harm no foul. I don't know that it needed "policeing", but whatever, I guess that's the PC world we live in now.

Back