Al cycle exam

PaNDeM1C

Your Disease.....
Donating Member
Registered
So I got to the dmv/public saftey building here and walked in and got the book... took a number... and waited. I studied the book for about 45mins before my number was up. I took the exam, bla bla bla... and passed.

The test was a complete joke! Most of the questions were about riding in groups (the staggered formation) and about carrying a passenger... neither of which I plan on doing. A few more questions were about flat tire issues. The rest were simple ones about which part of the lane to ride in, etc. In AL they don't even make you take a skill test on the bike to get a cycle license with no restrictions. And I also had no idea that in AL a 14yr old can get a cycle license!!! That makes no sense! You can be 14 and ride a bike on the road but have to be 16 to drive a car? Sure, an inexperienced/immature person behind the wheel of a car can kill others... so I guess they figure to go ahead and let a 14yr old kill only himself on a bike.
I also found out that in AL you cannot share/split lanes but you CAN share a lane parallel to another cycle... so I am free to pass another cycle in the same lane (if i ever need to).

---
I'm going back out again now to grab a backpack from Office Max because the mall stores didn't have any! When I went to the mall earlier, I saw a guy on a gixxer and he was wearing shorts but had on a riding jacket... that's kind of odd! He looked over at me and I nodded as I made a turn into the gas station. And my d4mn oil light is coming on every time I turn the key on/off. Just noticed that today. Is that normal? It says CHEC in the digital readout, too. I just bought the bike and it has only 65 miles on it! So if someone reads this, please let me know. I'll be calling the dealer tomorrow if that's not normal!

Peace

As long as you mean that when you turn the key on, the whole dash lights up, the gauges go from max to min and the your window goes from four dashes to CHEC until you turn off the engine kill and then goes to the regular display and the oil light goes out after the bike is started.... when you hit the kill switch to shut off the bike, if the key is still on then yes the oil light and chec will come back...

+1 on what Mustang said !

Here in South Carolina ......you can get a full license for bikes at "15" . I know , 'cause I did it . Driving myself to school as a freshman ......on a Honda Rebel ! What an outlaw I was !
laugh.gif

As long as you mean that when you turn the key on, the whole dash lights up, the gauges go from max to min and the your window goes from four dashes to CHEC until you turn off the engine kill and then goes to the regular display and the oil light goes out after the bike is started.... when you hit the kill switch to shut off the bike, if the key is still on then yes the oil light and chec will come back...
Yeah, that's exactly what happens. Thanks.

Back