Advice on Turbo Kit for 09 Busa! Thanks

rekeene

Registered
Ok so I have been contemplating for a while between a brocks alien head exhaust all black or a turbo set up. I have officially decided I'd rather be spooling down the street in a responsible way. My question is this, What turbo kit should I go with on my bike and i'm not doing any engine work so i'm guessing i can't run too many lbs of boost or i will be buying a new motor. Tell me the do's and don'ts and I want to get it installed one time and not have to worry about any problems. So I want to do it right the first time. Also the option of being able to upgrade the kit would always be a plus. So I don't want a kit that I cannot upgrade in the future with just replacing some parts. Thanks guys!:thumbsup:

Ok so I have been contemplating for a while between a brocks alien head exhaust all black or a turbo set up. I have officially decided I'd rather be spooling down the street in a responsible way. My question is this, What turbo kit should I go with on my bike and i'm not doing any engine work so i'm guessing i can't run too many lbs of boost or i will be buying a new motor. Tell me the do's and don'ts and I want to get it installed one time and not have to worry about any problems. So I want to do it right the first time. Also the option of being able to upgrade the kit would always be a plus. So I don't want a kit that I cannot upgrade in the future with just replacing some parts. Thanks guys!:thumbsup:

The best kit out there right now for you would be the RCC Stage One kit. Because it comes with an external Tial wastegate, you will make 4 pounds of boost with no spiking - totally safe for your stock motor. At that level, you will put down 230 RWHP. Another big plus is that is comes with a turbo large enough to make well over 400 RWHP - that means this kit is easily upgradeable - it is just a matter of stronger engine components, and more fuel. Our listing for all of RCC's turbo kits is in the POWERHOUSE classifieds section. And if you order from POWERHOUSE before the end of February, shipping is free!! :cheerleader::lol:

Gen II not as simple as Gen I,

light valve springs and Ti valves need to be addressed and stock compression to high without the .80 spacer. Call Richard @ RCC he will set you straight.

I had a Gen I with RCC stage II and currently have a Gen II that I building with the stage I.

The best kit out there right now for you would be the RCC Stage One kit. Because it comes with an external Tial wastegate, you will make 4 pounds of boost with no spiking - totally safe for your stock motor. At that level, you will put down 230 RWHP. Another big plus is that is comes with a turbo large enough to make well over 400 RWHP - that means this kit is easily upgradeable - it is just a matter of stronger engine components, and more fuel. Our listing for all of RCC's turbo kits is in the POWERHOUSE classifieds section. And if you order from POWERHOUSE before the end of February, shipping is free!! :cheerleader::lol:

This is no doubt what I would do. Your stock GEN 2 will hold 4lb boost....anymore and you will need to upgrade the valves ect. 230HP bolted on will be a great streetbike. In the event you want more power you pull the motor, add pistons, rods, studs ect. Secondary fueling is mandatory once you start raising the boost. Whats cool about the GEN 2 bikes is that they have 8 injectors and will make over 300HP on stock fuel system and you can Flash them and do the fueling for your turbo through the Ecu flashing software from boostbysmith. The RCC kit stage 1 will make 400+HP if you push more boost with a built motor so no upgrading necessary. In the future just build the motor, intercool the bike and run larger injectors in the bike and and control them through the Factory ECU....this will save you close to $2000 on a secondary setup that is mandatory with the GEN 1 bike

Gen II not as simple as Gen I,

light valve springs and Ti valves need to be addressed and stock compression to high without the .80 spacer. Call Richard @ RCC he will set you straight.

I had a Gen I with RCC stage II and currently have a Gen II that I building with the stage I.

Not true - although you are correct about the high compression and the light valve springs, there are PLENTY of Gen IIs out there with stock motors and Stage One kits making 4 pounds of boost with no problem . . . yes, do call Richard at RCC, and he WILL set you straight!

I still would, however, put turbo pistons in it at some point in time, along with valve springs, stainless valves, and studs. Then I would turn the boost up!:thumbsup:

This is no doubt what I would do. Your stock GEN 2 will hold 4lb boost....anymore and you will need to upgrade the valves ect. 230HP bolted on will be a great streetbike. In the event you want more power you pull the motor, add pistons, rods, studs ect. Secondary fueling is mandatory once you start raising the boost. Whats cool about the GEN 2 bikes is that they have 8 injectors and will make over 300HP on stock fuel system and you can Flash them and do the fueling for your turbo through the Ecu flashing software from boostbysmith. The RCC kit stage 1 will make 400+HP if you push more boost with a built motor so no upgrading necessary. In the future just build the motor, intercool the bike and run larger injectors in the bike and and control them through the Factory ECU....this will save you close to $2000 on a secondary setup that is mandatory with the GEN 1 bike

:thumbsup::beerchug:

Not true - although you are correct about the high compression and the light valve springs, there are PLENTY of Gen IIs out there with stock motors and Stage One kits making 4 pounds of boost with no problem . . . yes, do call Richard at RCC, and he WILL set you straight!

I still would, however, put turbo pistons in it at some point in time, along with valve springs, stainless valves, and studs. Then I would turn the boost up!:thumbsup:

How much would the valve springs, stainless valves, studs, and the spacer cost?!? I guess I'll do some research really quick but it it's not over $1000 with the install then I guess I should do that with the turbo install at the same time.

wait, you want to compare between a Brock's alien head exhaust system and a turbo kit. :banghead:

What's your budget? Let's start there first. If I had the money I would go turbo if I didn't have the money I would go exhaust system. Big difference in costs and power. :laugh:

If you leave out pistons, you are still looking at about $800 in parts and $600 to pull the head, install the valve springs and cylinder studs, and put it all back together right without damaging your sh*t, running right, and no leaks - or you can put the parts in yourself!

Sometimes "saving money" to do something like a turbo kit doesn't pay in the long run- or the short run, for that matter! You gotta look at it close and either do it right yourself, or pay someone you trust to do it right.
Even saving money, it is still WAY more expensive than a Brock.

The other part of it is that you are getting a turbo kit installed and tuned, that right there is $1000 easy - you are already close to $2500, and you still haven't paid for the kit . . . . now you're easily at $6500:1zhelp:

Last edited:
If you leave out pistons, you are still looking at about $800 in parts and $600 to pull the head, install the valve springs and cylinder studs, and put it all back together right without damaging your sh*t, running right, and no leaks - or you can put the parts in yourself!

Sometimes "saving money" to do something like a turbo kit doesn't pay in the long run- or the short run, for that matter! You gotta look at it close and either do it right yourself, or pay someone you trust to do it right.
Even saving money, it is still WAY more expensive than a Brock.

The other part of it is that you are getting a turbo kit installed and tuned, that right there is $1000 easy - you are already close to $2500, and you still haven't paid for the kit . . . . now you're easily at $6500:1zhelp:
But when that dude rolls up next to you on the interstate with his Brocks pipe, PC, and after market filter and you "spool" away from him so easily, that $6500 is well worth it...lol.

I'm looking at spending anywhere between 5k to 6k for everything so hopefully I will find some deals...But i'm looking at doing this before may so i have some time to save up and not hurt myself doing so...But i will definitely post up pics and I know the difference between an exhaust and a turbo as far as price...:laugh:

I'm looking at spending anywhere between 5k to 6k for everything so hopefully I will find some deals...But i'm looking at doing this before may so i have some time to save up and not hurt myself doing so...But i will definitely post up pics and I know the difference between an exhaust and a turbo as far as price...:laugh:

looking for "deals" will chap your :moon: faster than anything. Unless you want to just stay on the forum and keep getting 30 different opinions you should call RCC and say something like this.

Ring Ring.....Hey my name is "insert here" and I have $XXXX to spend....this is the type of riding that I do "insert here".....now what are my power and setup options. You can't go wrong asking the guy who designs, test, builds and sells the whole package

looking for "deals" will chap your :moon: faster than anything. Unless you want to just stay on the forum and keep getting 30 different opinions you should call RCC and say something like this.

Ring Ring.....Hey my name is "insert here" and I have $XXXX to spend....this is the type of riding that I do "insert here".....now what are my power and setup options. You can't go wrong asking the guy who designs, test, builds and sells the whole package

It is still gonna be over $6000 . . . :whistle:

one option to save a few bucks would to be let them do the motor work and you can do the bolt on turbo install... (not what I would do but about the safest option for saving a few $$).. you still need to get it back to them for tuning..

one thing about "fast" there are no free rides and the cost of the education can get pretty extreme if you have not been there before..

save for an extra month or two, drop off the bike and pick it up done...

The added expense will be long forgotten the first time you twist it up... :)

Well thanks guys...it seems like Richard at Rcc is the way to go...So I guess I'll order the kit from him when i'm ready in a couple months and bolt on turbo myself with a buddy of mine...He knows what he is doing...I'm going to have to find someone to do the tuning near here in Va...That seems to be the pain right now.

Well thanks guys...it seems like Richard at Rcc is the way to go...So I guess I'll order the kit from him when i'm ready in a couple months and bolt on turbo myself with a buddy of mine...He knows what he is doing...I'm going to have to find someone to do the tuning near here in Va...That seems to be the pain right now.

That sounds like a plan - you won't regret it. Keep in mind that if you order your kit from a sponsor on this board (ME!), you will get you free shipping . . .:lol:

I know Rodney Williford is good and hes in NC....check out Williford Racing

Back