08 Turbo Kits

jsjdjn

Registered
I am buying an 08 Busa and want to install a Stage 1 Turbo kit. Who has the best Kits? I will be installing myself, I want it under the Stock Body work, and i want to run a Muffler. So who's the Man for this kit?

Thanks?

Rcc Turbo looks about $7K and Velocity is about $5K. I am really liking the RCC Turbo kit. The Description is more complete the Velocity kit.
RCC Kit
2008 Hayabusa Stage 1 Turbo Kit
Custom turbo, built with Garrett internals, will support over 400hp,
38 mm tial gate (external)
304 grade stainless steel header and flanges
braided oil feed line and fittings
oil return line and fittings
new in-line fuel pump
rising rate regulator (FMU)
fuel lines for the fuel system
polished aluminum sheet metal air box
riv-nuts and bolts for plenum strap mounts
pair valve block off plates
crankcase vent filter
boost gauge
K&N air filter

all vacuum lines, connectors, hose clamps, and fittings. Power Commander maps will be supplied with kits.

Options:

--------Heavy duty clutch springs-------$80 USD
--------Tial 50 mm BOV---------------------$375 USD
--------Full pipe and carbon can----------$540 USD
- ------Water injection--(1S with tank)------$775 USD
--------0.080" Base Spacer----------------$55 USD
--------Intecooler Option------------------$1200 USD
RCC a 2 year warranty ----
ie. cracking pipes or fittings Turbo unit comes with a 2 year warranty
fuel pump and FMU come with a 2 year warranty

Velocity kit:
Custom Garrett T-28 turbo and stainless header Fuel pump and all fuel lines and fittings
Turbo return line and fittings Fuel management unit and fuel filter
Boost and fuel pressure gauge package Installation manual and direct tech support.
All clamps and boots and connectors Oil Cooler Line Block-off
Polished air plenum 6 psi boost on pump gas 240 HP
Stainless Steel Exhaust Dump Pipe 8 psi boost on race gas 265 HP

Water injection system $250.00 Full Exhaust with Micron Canister $550.00
2 Stage Boost controller $100.00 Blow off valve $350.00
Heavy Duty Clutch Springs $30.00
***(For stock oil coolers, lines and adapter fittings $100.00) what the heck does this mean?

One thing to keep in mind is that the 08 busa cannot run alot of boost. The 08 has to0 high of compression from the factory in addition to ti valves.

If you plan on running over 4psi on pump gas you'll have to lower compression and have ss valves installed. I believe those specs that you posted were for the last gen set ups. Not to say that you cant have a blast on an 08 busa with 4psi.

Rcc Turbo looks about $7K and Velocity is about $5K. I am really liking the RCC Turbo kit. The Description is more complete the Velocity kit.
RCC Kit
2008 Hayabusa Stage 1 Turbo Kit
Custom turbo, built with Garrett internals, will support over 400hp,
38 mm tial gate (external)
304 grade stainless steel header and flanges
braided oil feed line and fittings
oil return line and fittings
new in-line fuel pump
rising rate regulator (FMU)
fuel lines for the fuel system
polished aluminum sheet metal air box
riv-nuts and bolts for plenum strap mounts
pair valve block off plates
crankcase vent filter
boost gauge
K&N air filter

all vacuum lines, connectors, hose clamps, and fittings. Power Commander maps will be supplied with kits.

Options:

--------Heavy duty clutch springs-------$80 USD
--------Tial 50 mm BOV---------------------$375 USD
--------Full pipe and carbon can----------$540 USD
- ------Water injection--(1S with tank)------$775 USD
--------0.080" Base Spacer----------------$55 USD
--------Intecooler Option------------------$1200 USD
RCC a 2 year warranty ----
ie. cracking pipes or fittings Turbo unit comes with a 2 year warranty
fuel pump and FMU come with a 2 year warranty

Velocity kit:
Custom Garrett T-28 turbo and stainless header Fuel pump and all fuel lines and fittings
Turbo return line and fittings Fuel management unit and fuel filter
Boost and fuel pressure gauge package Installation manual and direct tech support.
All clamps and boots and connectors Oil Cooler Line Block-off
Polished air plenum 6 psi boost on pump gas 240 HP
Stainless Steel Exhaust Dump Pipe 8 psi boost on race gas 265 HP

Water injection system $250.00 Full Exhaust with Micron Canister $550.00
2 Stage Boost controller $100.00 Blow off valve $350.00
Heavy Duty Clutch Springs $30.00
***(For stock oil coolers, lines and adapter fittings $100.00) what the heck does this mean?
Velocity uses the stock oil cooler, I believe RCC uses no oil cooler at all

One thing to keep in mind is that the 08 busa cannot run alot of boost. The 08 has to0 high of compression from the factory in addition to ti valves.

If you plan on running over 4psi on pump gas you'll have to lower compression and have ss valves installed. I believe those specs that you posted were for the last gen set ups. Not to say that you cant have a blast on an 08 busa with 4psi.

Yeppers,
I plan on only running 4 to 6 psi. I think 240 HP is fine for an daily driver.

what exactly are the "known" issues with the Suzuki Ti valves?

Other than bumping the spring pressures a bit to overcome the boost I was curious what failures have been associated with the titanium valves..

thx...

i personally wouldnt use the Ti valves as they are weaker then the steel ones
granted they are lighter but the tensile strength on Ti is lower then that of steel

I meant the SS valves Does anyone have the SS Valves and Stronger Springs?

i personally wouldnt use the Ti valves as they are weaker then the steel ones
granted they are lighter but the tensile strength on Ti is lower then that of steel

I think the TI are harder which leads to the shattering not bending or just braking, also the heat is a point too.

Search around on suzukihayabusa.org also. I am contemplating a kit (for 03) but have heard not one bad thing about RCC. Can't say that for velocity.

Richard's (at RCC) customer service is second to none from what people say. As a personal example, I was looking at purchasing a used kit and he was spending his valuable time answering my endless list of questions just as if i had already sent hime money. Customer service like that is hard to find in this industry but he has it figured out :thumbsup: sorry i wasn't much for technical help!! Good luck on you endeavors.

I think the TI are harder which leads to the shattering not bending or just braking, also the heat is a point too.
Ti (like stated above) doesnt dissipate heat causing them to burn up with power adders
It is used for weight and not the strength

also i think that steel valves are harder then they are if they are hardened
as Ti doesnt get hardened it is usually 40-45 Rc on the hardening scale and steel can be hardened much harder then this

i used to work with Ti for quite a few yrs and am very familiar with its characteristics and physical properties

Search around on suzukihayabusa.org also. I am contemplating a kit (for 03) but have heard not one bad thing about RCC. Can't say that for velocity.

Richard's (at RCC) customer service is second to none from what people say. As a personal example, I was looking at purchasing a used kit and he was spending his valuable time answering my endless list of questions just as if i had already sent hime money. Customer service like that is hard to find in this industry but he has it figured out :thumbsup: sorry i wasn't much for technical help!! Good luck on you endeavors.

Awesome! I was leaning that way!

Now i need to Pick a Color! I am between White or the Black one. I may just wait till the 09's come out. Grrrrr i want one NOW!!!!!

Back