About to begin my repaint

BT, you and I are thinking about Lilah?  I found her...
Let me know what you think Rev!  Sorry the pic is small...it's the best I could find in 5 minutes with Google!

smile.gif
Yeah, I guess we are,
wink.gif
Nice pin-up art but when I see her I think Marilyn or Margaret. The name Lilah conjures up a more provocative image in my head for some reason. Not quite the fresh and lighthearted images of the pin-up girls. Might just be me, though.
biggrin.gif

Let me know what you think Rev!  Sorry the pic is small...it's the best I could find in 5 minutes with Google!

smile.gif
Yeah, I guess we are,
wink.gif
Nice pin-up art but when I see her I think Marilyn or Margaret. The name Lilah conjures up a more provocative image in my head for some reason. Not quite the fresh and lighthearted images of the pin-up girls. Might just be me, though.
biggrin.gif
LOL...it's called "head in the gutter, thinking of a dominatrix type" BT!

I'm kidding...really...I think Rev's all black Busa needs a red head on the nose...IMHO

BT. I can't wait to see some of those awesome pictures you take
smile.gif
I'm sure your new color scheme will be impressive. Looking forward to it
smile.gif

smile.gif

You doin' it yourself or did you take it to a shop?
rock.gif
Custom shop.  My talents with paint is NOT!!  I had a hard enough time with crayons.
Hehehehe... You weren't the guy that ate his crayons in grade school were you?
rock.gif
laugh.gif

Oh, and you know it's bad when you edit a post and make an error in your reason for editing. What the heck is "crapu typing" man?
rock.gif
laugh.gif
What you never heard of Crapu? Form of extra crappy.
biggrin.gif

No I did not eat the crayons but I did like to melt them..
biggrin.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

OK JUST MAKE SURE THERE ARE SKULLS ON IT SOMEWHERE!!!!!!!
Skulls?
rock.gif
OK, Then Put Some Freakin Daisies on your damn bike!

What I was thinking is some kinda cool modern twist of the standard "Hardley" skull theme.   I dunno, some kinda ghosted high tech skulls just barely there...  

But what the hell do I know, I want some WW II style Bomber Nose art on Lilah's flanks....  
super.gif
Hey, don't get so defensive there sweet britches. Maybe I was short in my reply to you because you hit on part of my idea. Then again, maybe not.
wink.gif

Hey, did you ever see the airbrushed chick I posted in Ninja Eater's paint ideas thread for you? I don't think you ever replied to me there. Let's see if I can find that pic again... Yep, here it is! When I hear the name "Lilah", this is what I see... Or, when I see this, I hear the name Lilah in my head. Either way, I'm hearin' poop!
rock.gif
laugh.gif
Dude this is exactly what I am after... All I need is a high speed version of a sexy super hot Demoness with Red hair sitting pretty with a Hootie exposed to breeze maybe... But I definitely want a sense of motion....

Heh, I was kinda thinking of having her clinging to the leading edge of the fairing... Hair whipping around behind her... Would be kinda funny....

But I was thinking about finding a place that can make me a High Quality Full color Vinyl decal... If done right, I think it would look badass, and not cost me $1500 or so in custom airbrushing. I was thinking that I would use three, One on either side intead of the Kanji, and one on the Back of the hump.

We'll see.

Oh and I'm not twisted about anything....Just giving you sheeoot...Looking forward to seeing the end results though...Daisies and all.

rock.gif

smile.gif
Sorry VA, She's just a little to sweet and innocent looking. I kinda see Lilah as the evil temptress... Remember Lilah is a variation of Lilith... the original demoness of Temptation and Night...a very Naughty girl...
So yeah I am looking for an image that is just scary Hot. Maybe a Cyber Punk kinda look...Not really retro... Some new Scary hot Demoness with a nose ring and an attitude... Red hair and Horns are a done deal...

This has got to be the thread with the most quoted quotes I've seen.
laugh.gif

BT - Just DON'T RUSH the prep work! Remember...Paint hides NOTHING! This is from my first experience painting a car.

Looking forward to seeing the finished project. Just make sure you let it cure, and then...ZAINO!

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: "typographical errors, what else?"|1070556688 -->

Dude this is exactly what I am after... All I need is a high speed version of a sexy super hot Demoness with Red hair sitting pretty with a Hootie exposed to breeze maybe...  But I definitely want a sense of motion....

Heh, I was kinda thinking of having her clinging to the leading edge of the fairing... Hair whipping around behind her... Would be kinda funny....

But I was thinking about finding a place that can make me a High Quality Full color Vinyl decal...  If done right, I think it would look badass, and not cost me $1500 or so in custom airbrushing.  I was thinking that I would use three, One on either side intead of the Kanji, and one on the Back of the hump.

We'll see.

Oh and I'm not twisted about anything....Just giving you sheeoot...Looking forward to seeing the end results though...Daisies and all.
Yeah, I kinda thought that one would be to your tastes. It just felt right when I saw it and thought about Lilah.
wink.gif
The vinyl decal thing sounds like a great idea. It would keep you from having to dive into the whole paint thing just yet.
biggrin.gif

This has got to be the thread with the most quoted quotes I've seen.
laugh.gif

BT - Just DON'T RUSH the prep work!  Remember...Paint hides NOTHING!  This is from my first experience painting a car.

Looking forward to seeing the finished project.  Just make sure you let it cure, and then...ZAINO!
Trust me, Jim, I won't rush ANY of it. Especially the prep stage. I went by the paint store today and got a few tech sheets on some of the stuff I plan to use so I could refresh myself and get the mindset going. I really get into prep and spraying.
biggrin.gif

Right now, the biggest decision I have to make is whether to strip it to bare plastic and start from there or prep the factory paint and work up from it. I'll probably end up stripping it to bare plastics. That way I can put a nice job on it without worrying about paint film thickness. The thicker the paint film the easier it chips and cracks. Don't want that!

**Update**

Had to change the theme. I started trying to sketch out a rough draft of the busa with my planned theme and it just wasn't workin' for me. I could make the back half of the bike work while staying with the theme but the front was falling apart. Just couldn't make all the elements work with the lines and shape of the busa. Oh well, it happens like that sometimes.
wink.gif

Anyway, while trying to make the other theme work I came up with a different one that suits the busa's attitude even better. It uses some of the same elements but I think the overall theme fits the busa's lines and attitude MUCH better. And we all know that the busa is all about ATTITUDE!
biggrin.gif

Stay tuned for the "Under Construction" thread with pics that I'll post soon.
wink.gif

wink.gif

Back