Opinion on which color to repaint my seat and tank bra

This is a vinyl paint and I did all the procedure properly cleaned, prepped, used adhesive promoter for plastics and vinyl, then painted. Doesnt even feel like the seats are painted. They will hold up just as long as a seat unpainted would hold up.

I would rather repaint then recover the seats.
1. WAY cheaper
2. Easier :laugh:

No way, man. - For the money you've laid out for paint and the time you've spent doing it, you could've bought some seat fabric and just recovered it. It would probably have been less work.

No way, man. - For the money you've laid out for paint and the time you've spent doing it, you could've bought some seat fabric and just recovered it. It would probably have been less work.

I have new image seats... I would have to get a new one through them... :poke:

How did they get so faded? Do/did you leave your bike in the sun?

I dont know if they were faded really. But after the bike got painted the nice new black paint job made them look inadequate to me :laugh: They were probably fine, I am just anal about stuff.

I always kept the bike under a cover and the previous owner had it garage kept. I dont remember what the guy said about the owner before him

I'm interested in how the top clamp turns out. Mine has a few scratches on it and I am debating on replacing or painting. Up close pictures would be nice once you get it all back together! :please:

I'm interested in how the top clamp turns out. Mine has a few scratches on it and I am debating on replacing or painting. Up close pictures would be nice once you get it all back together! :please:

Will do. I had to re-strip it and repaint. Didnt come out like i wanted it. On black you can see imperfections alot easier than other colors... Not good for a perfectionist

Ok heres the best pic i could get of the seat and the bagster reinstalled so far. Seat looks brand spankin new and the bagster also. So happy I did this, turned out far better than expected

Second pic is the mark the aircraft paint stripper left on the ground... I thought it was hilarious and i had to take a pictures. Too funny not to share

IMAG0274.jpg

IMAG0276.jpg

Back