About to begin my repaint

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
Well folks I'm just about ready to begin my repaint of Da 'Train. I've got a theme in my head and have decided on the base color. I'm working on finalizing the finer details of the theme now. All I will say for now is that it isn't any of the ideas I've previously posted here or shared with anyone privately.
wink.gif
Well, I'll also say that the graphics will be pretty minimal and subtle, but schweet! Hehehe...

If I can finalize the details this week I'll probably start tearing 'er down this weekend to get started prepping for paint. I've also got another thing'r two lined up to do while she's torn down. If I can get it all done before the unveiling of the paint job ya'll prolly won't even believe it's the same bike. Hehehehehe...

Just thought I'd start the drum roll a little early. You know, just to tease ya'll a bit. Hopefully it won't take more than a few weeks, working on it between work and other responsibilities. I can't wait to get 'er done! This is going to be FUN! I haven't decided whether to drop an in progress photo or two occasionally or just finish it and then drop all of the photos taken during the project. One thing is for sure. There will be a LOT of friggin' photos!
biggrin.gif

Stay tuned!!!
lurk.gif

Can I be your next victim when your done painting the DA TRAIN?
rock.gif

That sounds really cool, keep us updated with lots of pictures. I'm seriously thinking about torch red/white paint job in the near future...

rock.gif
Hey! I've been begging him to paint mine once he's done...I'm next in line Rhythm...step aside!
biggrin.gif

BT...pleeeeeeez...tell me in a PM what you're doing! All those other ideas are out the window? Come off the details...I won't tell...
tounge.gif

rock.gif
According to how things go, I may start doing a little side stuff. Gotta see how things work out with the borrowed shop/booth deal first. I know I'm golden to do my own but I have to see how the shop owner feels about me makin' some $ through his shop. I figure he'll be cool with it as long as I cut him in.
wink.gif
We'll see...

rock.gif
Hey!  I've been begging him to paint mine once he's done...I'm next in line Rhythm...step aside!  
biggrin.gif

BT...pleeeeeeez...tell me in a PM what you're doing!  All those other ideas are out the window?  Come off the details...I won't tell...
tounge.gif
Ya know Michelle, I wish I could tell ya, but then I'd have ta kill ya. Only person privy to the theme is my Dad. I gotta tell ya, when I told him about it he just busted into a grin from ear to ear... Just think, bikes and custom paint ain't his thang and even he loves the ideas I have for the busa.
wink.gif

You show me yours I will show you mine. I started painting this past Monday. Whooooooooo ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

Train, it's great to see that you've got your ideas in line. Let us see some in progress photos, at least. Don't hold out until the end!

OK JUST MAKE SURE THERE ARE SKULLS ON IT SOMEWHERE!!!!!!!

Train, it's great to see that you've got your ideas in line.  Let us see some in progress photos, at least.  Don't hold out until the end!
Yeah, I just hope the ideas turn out on the bike like they are in my head. You can never really tell whether or not some ideas will work until you put 'em in paint. I'll definitely post some work in progress shots... of the prep work anyway. When it comes time to blow color on, though, I'll prolly clam up until the unveiling thread.
wink.gif

rock.gif
Hey!  I've been begging him to paint mine once he's done...I'm next in line Rhythm...step aside!  
biggrin.gif

BT...pleeeeeeez...tell me in a PM what you're doing!  All those other ideas are out the window?  Come off the details...I won't tell...
tounge.gif
Ya know Michelle, I wish I could tell ya, but then I'd have ta kill ya. Only person privy to the theme is my Dad. I gotta tell ya, when I told him about it he just busted into a grin from ear to ear... Just think, bikes and custom paint ain't his thang and even he loves the ideas I have for the busa.
wink.gif
OUCH BT! I'm crushed...

What's your Dad's #?!
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

OK JUST MAKE SURE THERE ARE SKULLS ON IT SOMEWHERE!!!!!!!
Skulls?
rock.gif
OK, Then Put Some Freakin Daisies on your damn bike!

What I was thinking is some kinda cool modern twist of the standard "Hardley" skull theme.   I dunno, some kinda ghosted high tech skulls just barely there...  

But what the hell do I know, I want some WW II style Bomber Nose art on Lilah's flanks....  
super.gif
Hey, don't get so defensive there sweet britches. Maybe I was short in my reply to you because you hit on part of my idea. Then again, maybe not.
wink.gif

Hey, did you ever see the airbrushed chick I posted in Ninja Eater's paint ideas thread for you? I don't think you ever replied to me there. Let's see if I can find that pic again... Yep, here it is! When I hear the name "Lilah", this is what I see... Or, when I see this, I hear the name Lilah in my head. Either way, I'm hearin' poop!
rock.gif
laugh.gif

lilah.jpg

rock.gif

BT, you and I are thinking about Lilah?  I found her...
Let me know what you think Rev!  Sorry the pic is small...it's the best I could find in 5 minutes with Google!

smile.gif

Lilah2.jpg

Back