Opinion on which color to repaint my seat and tank bra

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
Ok so I think I am going to repaint my bagster tank bra and my seats. The seats and bra look a bit faded and old so I want to spruce them up. Pledging them only makes them look good for a day...

I am going to do the whole SEM make over. SEM vinyl prep, SEM adhesion promoter and then paint them. My only question is should I go with a satin black or gloss black? The bike is painted gloss black with silver frame and swingarm with silver accents. Im wondering if it would look better with the satin so as to be not so shiny or the gloss so it kinda shines like the rest of the bike?

SEM paint numbers are 15233 (gloss) and 15243 (satin)

Readyyyyy... CONVINCE ME :laugh:

Hard to say. If it was just a seat, I would do it up with satin(break it up a bit),but the bagster takes up the whole tank which is a big area. So I'm leaning towards glossy. Really depends of how close the glossy bagster would look up against the glossy paint imo.

Hard to say. If it was just a seat, I would do it up with satin(break it up a bit),but the bagster takes up the whole tank which is a big area. So I'm leaning towards glossy. Really depends of how close the glossy bagster would look up against the glossy paint imo.

Hmmm.. Maybe glossy on the bagster to match the bikes paint somewhat and satin on the seat? If i dont like the seats i should have enough to repaint the seats glossy...

Im with this guy too, a glossy seat would look weird

Alright well i painted them today. Ill post a thread once i get it all together. I painted the top clamp on the triple tree and your risers you sent me :thumbsup:

Its going to look nice... I think im going to have to sand the right side on my windscreen because of clearance issues but i wont know for sure til i get it all on in a few hours.

IMAG0270.jpg

IMAG0271.jpg

IMAG0260.jpg

IMAG0262.jpg

IMAG0272.jpg

I would actually really like to see a MARPAT Busa. That would look awesome.

EDIT: This looks pretty good, IMO:

Camo Busa.jpg

Camo Busa.jpg

I would actually really like to see a MARPAT Busa. That would look awesome.

It would... It would take so much work but I bet you could find a painter to do it. Probly would cost 3 grand easy or more but it would be worth it for sure. Just give the painter a set of woodland marpat to get the pattern from

I hope the seats hold up, but eventually the paint will break apart from the seat covers flexing and stretching.
Recovering your seats though is very simple. Pop out the staples and use the old covers as templates for whatever material you choose. Use a staple gun to put the new covers on and you're done. It's a good time to shave, shape, or replace your seat foam too.:beerchug:

I hope the seats hold up, but eventually the paint will break apart from the seat covers flexing and stretching.
Recovering your seats though is very simple. Pop out the staples and use the old covers as templates for whatever material you choose. Use a staple gun to put the new covers on and you're done. It's a good time to shave, shape, or replace your seat foam too.:beerchug:

CAVEAT! - Be very careful about how you staple your seat cover on. If you do it wrong, you'll scratch the hell out of your tank.

This is a vinyl paint and I did all the procedure properly cleaned, prepped, used adhesive promoter for plastics and vinyl, then painted. Doesnt even feel like the seats are painted. They will hold up just as long as a seat unpainted would hold up.

I would rather repaint then recover the seats.
1. WAY cheaper
2. Easier :laugh:

P.S. this is top grade vinyl paint meant to stretch and such

Back