A Strange State Farm Story..

Hmmm i dunno what i'm doing wrong, i talked to state farm few weeks back about changing over everything, truck house bike etc from allstate if they could get me better coverage for the bike, my truck alone they wanted almost 3 times what i pay with allstate and the busa they wouldnt insure how i wanted it

I wish my rates were even close. I'm in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, and I am paying around $2500 per year. The only positive is that a 600cc or 1300cc sport bike pay the same premium. So the busa is good value for the money. :)

Wow... I will say that here, in New Brunswick, rates are much better since for me, full coverage works itself out to less than $40 per month. Having said that, they do have their "weird little rules" that I don't agree with. Since I pretty much don't ride for 5 or 6 months out of the year (due to having like 5 feet of snow on the ground... LOL!) I figured that I would just cancel the insurance all together on the bike seeing that it is stored in the basement of my house during those cold months. Well, if you cancel your insurance, which you can do that, the penalties and "office fees" that they charge to have your insurance reinstated in the spring, are actually more costly than keep insurance year round?? Oh... and they also have "storage insurance" for motorcycles so that you don't have to cancel your insurance, to avoid all the fees and penalties... should you be interested in that. HA... funniest thing is that this type of coverage is actually $10 /month MORE EXPENSIVE than my full coverage?? :banghead:

I've never understoof insurance and their "fine print" but, in the end, I suppose I am glad to have it. :whistle:

Motorcycle insurance here is also summer weighted. You basically pay the majority from May to September. The other months are cheap. I just bought the busa, but for me November was free for insurance...only a $9 registration fee. Sucks that over night we got a snow storm and have around 6 inches of ice and snow on the ground :(

I honestly think State Farm is cheaper because the eggheads at State Farm
Corp. setting the rates thinks a Suzuki Hayabusa is one of these....

jimny_b.jpg

SSSHHHHHhhhhh.....:whistle:

Back