Put the bike in Storage...

fstAZfk

Donating Member
Registered
Spoke with my insurance company today. Currently paying 317 every six months for full coverage on the Busa and 250 dollar deducts. USAA asked if i was still using the bike, i said.. nope, too cold. So they put my bike in storage status and my 6 month premium for the bike dropped down to 37 BUCKS!!!! WHOOHOO!

.... i've got great news.. im with USAA! haha

Always nice to save money
smile.gif

Did that while I was deployed and it was great. Hadn't thought of doing it over the winter. Hmmmm . . .???

they actually recommened it. They basically drop it down to comprehensive only. WHich obviously covers theft. And you can keep it in that status as long as you want.

wish nationwide had a similiar policy, with 2 bikes It probably costs me $450.00 for the 6 months I can't ride.
mad.gif

my insurance company is wise... they prorate the months knowing that we can't ride them in the winter in iowa. 80% of my premium goes toward june, july, and august. The next 10% gets divided up between april,may, sept, and october. The last 10% gets distributed thru the rest. Its more of a hassle to call them up and change the status because it would save me like $20 a yr.
mad.gif

my insurance company is wise... they prorate the months knowing that we can't ride them in the winter in iowa. 80% of my premium goes toward june, july, and august. The next 10% gets divided up between april,may, sept, and october. The last 10% gets distributed thru the rest. Its more of a hassle to call them up and change the status because it would save me like $20 a yr.
mad.gif
+1

that way when we get those 45 degree days in January (quit laughing... it happens some years!) we can get out and ride and still be covered....

don't even know if my insurance will do that... not even going to bother checking...Since I'm stuck riding it ALLLLL winter long!
cool.gif

Sounds very good. I know Progresive had it a while ago and I think State Farm has it also. Not sure though.

thats awesome.. with my insurance company,all they can do is change the coverage to basic collision.. they tell me since you are not riding just switch to basic and same money... i tell them about theft or fire in the garage.. they say no coverage...

i tell them what do you think i have, a zx14..

this sounds if my bike is worth around $3500 to $4000..
just wanted to throw that idea out if anyone is still insuring older bikes duriing winter storage.

Back