A Strange State Farm Story..

HillbillyTom

Donating Member
Registered
Since it's winter and my bike is still wrecked, I dropped the collision coverage on my policy. Get a statement of the changes (my premium is paid as an auto deduct every month), and see that the premium has dropped all of $7.28. Call 'em up to see WTH. Agent tells me that since they "know" I won't be riding it as much in the winter, they charge less for the winter months than the summer months. And since it's a yearly policy, they "level pay" it to one steady premium. But, since I only have 3 months until my policy renews for the next year, $7.28 per month is all I'll be saving for not having collision coverage for these last 3 months. If I took it off completely next policy year, my premium would drop almost $30 per month.
I see what they're saying, just never realized (probably well hid in the policy disclosure fine print) that they set it up this way.
Hmm...:dunno:

I was aware of this. State Farm is still the best to cover your Busa. I don't know why, because SF was never cheapest for any of my other bikes,

I was aware of this. State Farm is still the best to cover your Busa. I don't know why, because SF was never cheapest for any of my other bikes,

It's because SF bases their coverage on CCs and traditionally bikes with engines as large as ours are not sport bikes .
The busa and one or two others are unique in size and capability but are in same 'class' as large cruisers. They don't look at our bikes as a sport bike just a 1300 cc bike. That makes a big difference.

I understand they do quite well pricewise on liter bikes too.

It just took a moment for me to figure what they were doing on my policy. I'm still paying for the collision coverage I had last summer. Paying more now so I could pay less then. Never realized they did it this way, figured I paid the same year around.
Yes, SF is over $1000 per year cheaper than any other company I got a quote from (of the companies that would insure a Busa at all).
When my policy renews in the latter part of February I'll just put the collision back on it and leave it. Only way to save any $$ is to leave it off in the summer months.

Anybody know how to get good multi bike rates? I'm afraid of what adding another GSXR will do to me, but I can only ride one bike at a time...

If I canceled the entire policy on my bike I'd save less the $20 a month.

Anybody know how to get good multi bike rates? I'm afraid of what adding another GSXR will do to me, but I can only ride one bike at a time...

I have the Busa and my wife's GSXR insured by SF and I'm only paying $64/mo. No autos on the policy either. Just the bikes. And in Florida, where it's riding time 356/24/7 Sorry to rub it in guys. ;)

I have the Busa and my wife's GSXR insured by SF and I'm only paying $64/mo. No autos on the policy either. Just the bikes. And in Florida, where it's riding time 356/24/7 Sorry to rub it in guys. ;)

I'm paying $98/mo for bike, truck, and house. Bike is $17.72/mo. Would be about $25/mo for it with FC.
Your not rubbing it in too bad.:laugh:

They don't look at our bikes as a sport bike just a 1300 cc bike. That makes a big difference.
You guys are soooooo lucky. - Here, the insurance companies just rape the hell out of everyone, especially anyone whose bike is over 1100cc. I'm talking, like, $1000 per year to insure a bike, including the compulsory third party personal injury insurance. - Because motorcyclists are constantly injuring people in cars, right? :whistle:

Last edited:
Every other ins co I tried wanted 1200/yr or more. SF was the only logical choice.

I'm paying $98/mo for bike, truck, and house. Bike is $17.72/mo. Would be about $25/mo for it with FC.
Your not rubbing it in too bad.:laugh:

they made me have seperate policies for auto/bike. did i just get screwed out of multi vehicle discounts, or is it just an oklahoma thing ???

Must be an OK thing. I am thinking of combining mine and I would save a small amount.

I was paying $90 a month for full for the last 5 years. I dropped 1 winter down to just liability and dropped my payment to $37 a month.

I put my 05 LE with Geico and liability only for $96 a year. SF wanted $246 a year.

I just dropped my coverage with SF on my 06 and moved it to Dairyland and liability only and they are $96 a year and only wanted $470 a year for full. Thats less than half of what SF wants here in TX.

It seems SF gives better deals north of the Red River

How odd, Dairyland was the ojne that wanted $1200/yr for me.

Ins. Co are odd peoples....not much rhyme to their reasons.

Dairy wanted $200 more a year for my older brother in the same town for his Busa. Only difference is he isnt married.

Ins. Co are odd peoples....not much rhyme to their reasons.

Dairy wanted $200 more a year for my older brother in the same town for his Busa. Only difference is he isnt married.

i dont agree w/it, but on paper, marriage=responsibility

they made me have seperate policies for auto/bike. did i just get screwed out of multi vehicle discounts, or is it just an oklahoma thing ???

Mine is the same way. I just got married last month and had everything joined with the wife and all the policies were cheaper, but the price stayed the same on the Busa.

My agent told me that the bike will be able to give you a multicar discount for your car, but not give you one for the bike. It might be possible to get a discount if you put 2 bikes on there, just have to talk to your agent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish my rates were even close. I'm in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, and I am paying around $2500 per year. The only positive is that a 600cc or 1300cc sport bike pay the same premium. So the busa is good value for the money. :)

Back