A problem with my oil pan plug?

I would not hesitate to helicoil a brand new oil pa n... it will get stainless threads in place of the aluminum ones and no risk of a future episode..

Where most guys go wrong is that they do not use the correct helicoil or they do not follow the instructions very well..

you need permanent thread locker and the correct depth coil. For the amount of headache all this is, just run it over to your local engine machine shop and have them throw one in for you.. they will have plenty of experience and maybe even the correct one sitting there already..

In your case.... Look up Basko Machine (right there near the river bottom)... Jim and Ray did all the machine work on our race motors for years and they are very trustworthy as well...

from all these comments on helicoils my faith in them is pretty high now. I almost want to get mine done, and mine ain't stripped out
laugh.gif

Heehee yes i do (as well as my SUBFRAME BRACES GIXX
please.gif
winkold.gif
) . suzuki4life offered up a pan beforehand though and i jumped on it and i don't want to be a jerk jumping ship for a lower price so i'll stay loyal and grab 4life's after he makes sure it's in good condition.  It's all about Riders helping fellow riders out.
thumb_up.gif
buy his...no sweat.

pans will be in demand as they always have been. I wonder why since the helicoils are such great inventions.
laugh.gif

Oh well, live and learn.

Kawiboy: I'd be interested in some pics of your pan and how they have your turbo inlet "tapped" in. Most guys just drill a hole and sandwich 2 washers on an AN fitting and nut.

Heehee yes i do (as well as my SUBFRAME BRACES GIXX
please.gif
winkold.gif
) . suzuki4life offered up a pan beforehand though and i jumped on it and i don't want to be a jerk jumping ship for a lower price so i'll stay loyal and grab 4life's after he makes sure it's in good condition. It's all about Riders helping fellow riders out.
thumb_up.gif
buy his...no sweat.

pans will be in demand as they always have been. I wonder why since the helicoils are such great inventions.
laugh.gif

Oh well, live and learn.

Kawiboy: I'd be interested in some pics of your pan and how they have your turbo inlet "tapped" in. Most guys just drill a hole and sandwich 2 washers on an AN fitting and nut.
i am going to take it off today or tomorrow, i will post a picture for you
hello.gif
!

Back