How much torque on the oil pan bolts-not oil pan plug

2hip

Registered
What a great day..I've started to reassemble the bike. Spark plugs back in with anti-seize..tubes reattached and connected up to plugs. While putting new oil pan (due to cross-threading the oil plug) on I checked the manual and it says nada about torque lbs. I used Yamalube both sides per mechanic...even though the new gasket doesn't require it...whatever, dude!

So I snugged them up diagonally with just the socket and extension by hand...Since no torques were mentioned I carefully snugged them up with ratchet until they felt tight without over tightening...man that is just a little nerve racking with steel bolts going into aluminum...any advice welcome...also felt it was strange that we don't use locktite on threads...why not locktite??? info solicited..2hip

I know what you mean on that alunium its real easy to cross thread i crossed threaded a bolt on my 09 oil line thank gosh it was the bottom one

I know what you mean on that aluminium its real easy to cross thread i crossed threaded a bolt on my 09 oil line thank gosh it was the bottom one

Back