A post by member Skywalker with pictures made me think: Coat of Arms

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
One of his pics looked to be a Coat of Arms of some sort. If thats what they are called where his pictured decal hails from.
I think they are very cool. Very interesting to see what they chose for their "colors" or "code".
My heritage is Northern Irish...thats why I think I am so fuggin' angry all the time. :devil::laugh:
Anyway,my C.O.A is always the same basic theme with a few variations. A black knight on a white horse.
I'll show you mine if you show me yours...:thumbsup:
Rubb.

I think it's cool that your name has heritage...even so far as to have it's own coat of arms. Me? I got nuffin'. I'm sure my name goes back to pre-colonial times or maybe a smidgen after, but we didn't have anything like a coat of arms. Maybe a couple coconuts lined up in the sand, but I'm not sure.

An uncle of mine on my mom's side did some research on their lineage. According to him, there was evidence of Portuguese royalty. Highly doubt it was pure, but he never really expanded on it when he was asked.

Guess it's back to the coconuts.

Side note, I miss you, bruvah. All my details are the same, so if you still have some fingers capable of dialing, give your "chamorrian" bastid a ring, hey? :cool:

Side note, I miss you, bruvah. All my details are the same, so if you still have some fingers capable of dialing, give your "chamorrian" bastid a ring, hey?
aaahhhh me long lost Bruvah. How goes it my friend. Still a Guamian or did you get state side? PM'd u :thumbsup:
New bike you may not have seen,ignore the for sale part,I'm keeping it.
Click HERE Paul Rubb.

I think it's cool that your name has heritage...even so far as to have it's own coat of arms. Me? I got nuffin'. I'm sure my name goes back to pre-colonial times or maybe a smidgen after, but we didn't have anything like a coat of arms. Maybe a couple coconuts lined up in the sand, but I'm not sure.

An uncle of mine on my mom's side did some research on their lineage. According to him, there was evidence of Portuguese royalty. Highly doubt it was pure, but he never really expanded on it when he was asked.

Guess it's back to the coconuts.

Side note, I miss you, bruvah. All my details are the same, so if you still have some fingers capable of dialing, give your "chamorrian" bastid a ring, hey? :cool:
Ho. Lee. Chit.

I was wondering where you been...
Good to see you posting.

My wife did a pile of work a few years ago tracing my family tree, I thought it would look like a hockey stick but found out it's a whole tree.

I wish my dad would have lived to see her results-he was an old "Archie Bunker" kind of guy but especially hated Germans due to the war....my wife found out both his parents are descended from German ancestors before ending up in New York-then Canada eventually.

I guess everyone is from somewhere but it was a bit ironic as we grew up thinking all Germans were bad (and almost everyone else too) but none of us are racist in any way...

aaahhhh me long lost Bruvah. How goes it my friend. Still a Guamian or did you get state side? PM'd u :thumbsup:
New bike you may not have seen,ignore the for sale part,I'm keeping it.
Click HERE Paul Rubb.

:D :beerchug: It's been quite the while, eh? Things are good so far, Covid not withstanding. The family is healthy and safe, I thank the Good Father for that. Still a Guamian...that was supposed to change a year or two from now, but it looks like I'm here for at least another decade.

I don't think I've seen your new bike. Great to know that you're still being....DA RUBBAH...and riding on. :race:

Me I still got my baby girl Yuugen, although I will admit I haven't been riding for the last several years. I know, I know...the travesty. I'll see if I can make sense of this new board and get some of those conversation thingies going.

Good to hear from you, bruvv. Real good. :beerchug:

Ho. Lee. Chit.

I was wondering where you been...
Good to see you posting.

:laugh: It's like a rip-roaring fart that isn't yours in the dead of the night, yeah? Just mosey-ing along, minding your business and then BRAAAAP-PPP-PPP-PRAAAAAAAAP.

Like the God of Thunder himself was sneaking around.

Good to see you're still here too. :thumbsup:

I'm hoping Pac hangs around a little better than he has. Ya YOU Paul. Rubbah.

I know, right? I been getting into all sorts of shenanigans while I been away, though. Nearly lost an eye, got sentenced to more Community Service and somehow got involved in driving the mad wagon. :eek:

And that's just recently. LOL.

:laugh: It's like a rip-roaring fart that isn't yours in the dead of the night, yeah? Just mosey-ing along, minding your business and then BRAAAAP-PPP-PPP-PRAAAAAAAAP.

Like the God of Thunder himself was sneaking around.

Good to see you're still here too. :thumbsup:
I was absent for a while, but now I aggravate folks here on the daily! Please don't stay silent so long next time my brother!

One of his pics looked to be a Coat of Arms of some sort. If thats what they are called where his pictured decal hails from.
I think they are very cool. Very interesting to see what they chose for their "colors" or "code".
My heritage is Northern Irish...thats why I think I am so fuggin' angry all the time. :devil::laugh:
Anyway,my C.O.A is always the same basic theme with a few variations. A black knight on a white horse.
I'll show you mine if you show me yours...:thumbsup:
Rubb.View attachment 1617713
My family in 1600 Von Grawert my birth name Germany

E86553D6-B84F-4CC0-B5C0-39732853173F.jpeg

Back