just wanted to thank all the good folk

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
here's how it played out.

Kodiac (our wolf/malamute) was sick for a couple days. We took him to the vet Saturday morning. Local vet thought this an' that, some kinda disease maybe, then they thought perhaps a twisted spleen.

They recommend the larger, better equiped vet hospital downtown.

I pull all the shid outa the back of the jeep an' throw it on the ground.
We pick up Kodi an' take him to the bigger hospital.

Here's how ill he was. He never used to let me pick him up. I used to try to pick him up an' stand on the bathroom scale to weigh him. He wouldn't go for it. its an alpha male dog thing. My dog was so sick he couldn't get in the jeep. I picked him up an' he didn't budge.

We blast downtown thru slow movin' traffic while Rubbah swears at every ##### in the fast lane.

We get to the vet hospital an the girls are waitin' for us. VERY COOL.

It must have been a sight. Here comes mean ol' ugly faced Rubbah with his 120 pound dog in his arms...cryin' like a fuggin' baby...walkin' in to the vet's.

The girls were awesome. Absolutely awesome. They had a gurney waitin' an' ol' Rubb laid the big dog down on it.

Then they whistled him off to the back.

They showed me an' the mouse into a nice little room to explain what was goin' on. The surgeon came out an' explained that he has internal bleeding an' that she would like to go in right away....meaning...they need to cut the big dog open. They explain the bill could reach 3700 hundred dollars easy. The mouse is so qwik with her credit card, you'd swear she was Wyatt Earp. We dont give a fug what it'll cost. We'll re-fuggin'-mortgage the house if we have too.
not a disease,not a twisted spleen... his liver is fugged.
they cant save him.

The Mouse... freaks. She crys like I've never seen before.

big tuff guy Rubbah.... he cries too. Then he gets angry.Then he gets sad. Then angry some more.

the next day.... Rubb goes down to make the decisions about where the big dog goes from here. Rubb goes alone, 'cause the Mouse is a crying mess. I decide that we'll let this nice ol' guy who does the cremations for the vet spread the big dogs ashes around the ol' guys farm.

the girls at the vets office have made an' impression of Kodiac's paw in plaster. They give it to Rubb. Most of them are teary eyed aswell.

So.... after I stop blubberin' like a school girl I'm gonna make the House Mouse a little frame. I'm gonna put his collar,his foot print, a couple pictures, and a lock of his fur the girls cut for me... into the frame.

anyway....the main reason for the post. Thanks.

Thanks to all you big hearted bastids.

The Mouse read all of yer kind words....made her cry even harded... I didn't think that was possible,but it was....it took her about an' hour an' a half to get thru all the nice words.

She says THANKS. She wants to thank you all herself.

She's gonna post up here in a couple days...after she's done cryin' she says. She's just not an' internet girl. She doesn't have email. She doesn't surf much. But she's looked in occasionally, especially when I'm laughing outloud.

she feels like she knows some of you... from the things I've said....bits she's read here an' there...

this is where this board goes above an' beyond...
its not the great deals,or the advice,the bickering or the sponsors.... its not any of the electronic krap that makes it work....its not the servers or who hosts them...

its the people.

I feel honoured an' blessed.

just wanted to say thanks.... Andy(Rubb), Jay(Janet, aka the House-Mouse),Ripley(the rottweiller)....

an' of course... the big dog. R I P Kodiac.

the big dog....ALWAYS smiling..

the_big_dog.jpg

Andy and Jay,

I'm so sorry for your loss. Words can't describe the pain of losing a pet. Many people don't seem to understand how close we get, and I don't understand them. But it seems we have many people that do understand here, which is a blessing.

I'm sittin here with my big ole mastiff Al beside me and I can't imagine losing him. But, unfortunately, I've lost others. Time will make it easier for you eventually. I hope that those of us here can help make that time bearable.

If we can help, let us know. If not, know that we're all thinking of you.

God Bless,
Monty

gonna bore you with a few pics.... call it therapy.

it gives me something to do...between drinks.

the big dog an' his chew toy.... Rip

big_dog_an__Rip.jpg

...my boy loved the snow. my wife was thankfull that we drove him up to play in the snow a few weeks back.

the snow seemed to stir something ancestral in him.

I think he knew he was a wolf....

snow_dog.jpg

amazing*it...now I'm all teary-eyed again.
sad.gif
I'm so sorry, rub. Kodi looks in those pictures like such a wonderful companion. He was a beautiful wolf and I could tell, just from the look in his eyes in those pics, that he had just a humongous heart and was so very faithful to you guys. He was so beautiful. I'm so sorry for your guys' loss. He is, I'm sure, still with you in your hearts. Rest easy, rub. My best to you and your mouse.

Jason

Damn good looking dog. Sorry to hear about your loss. I too have had to let go a dog of mine recently and it was very tough to deal with. Hearing your story kinda brings back those memories, and how hard it actually was. Time will hopefully heal your pain.

Andy -

I never saw the Original post.. Sorry about your dog.

I have been there my self and I can understand it very well.

I sometimes get more broken up about animals than I do people.

He looks like he was an awesome dog Andy.
Nutn like a big ol' Mal to keep ya company.....Col and I lost Max (dissapeared) almost 6 months ago now.
Deffinatley the hardest thing we've ever been thru......he was just like a child to us.......I'm sure Kodi was the same to you and J.
Deepest condolences to you and J from Colleen and I
Very sad
sad.gif

So sorry Andy, It's not quite the same as a good dog, but just out of now where 2 weeks ago my pure bred Himalayan of 10 years passed on for no obvious reason. She was fine one day, gone the next. I know how hard it can be too loose a pet, and as already stated, this was just a cat, not MANS BEST FRIEND.

My thoughts and prayers go out for both you and your house mouse, and may you both find peace in it later after all the tears are shed.

It's not quite the same as a good dog ,my pure bred Himalayan of 10 years passed on for no obvious reason.  She was fine one day, gone the next.  I know how hard it can be too loose a pet, and as already stated, this was just a cat, not MANS BEST FRIEND.  

My thoughts and prayers go out for both you and your house mouse, and may you both find peace in it later after all the tears are shed.
BULLSHID. JUST a cat. bullshid.

you loved yer cat. thats whats important.

I dont care if it's a goldfish, a hampster, or a fuggin' iguana.

amimals are animals....pets are pets...

better than alot of HUMANS.

amazing*it...now I'm all teary-eyed again.
sad.gif
I'm so sorry, rub. Kodi looks in those pictures like such a wonderful companion. He was a beautiful wolf and I could tell, just from the look in his eyes in those pics, that he had just a humongous heart and was so very faithful to you guys. He was so beautiful. I'm so sorry for your guys' loss. He is, I'm sure, still with you in your hearts. Rest easy, rub. My best to you and your mouse.

Jason
jason. you tuff son of a bidge.

thx man.

He looks like he was an awesome dog Andy.
Nutn like a big ol' Mal to keep ya company.....Col and I lost Max (dissapeared) almost 6 months ago now.
Deffinatley the hardest thing we've ever been thru......he was just like a child to us.......I'm sure Kodi was the same to you and J.
Deepest condolences to you and J from Colleen and I
Very sad  
sad.gif
we thank you Bill. Thx Coll.

when i told Jay about Max.... she was so upset.

we didnt know what to say, or do. felt helpless.

time for a double.... an' then some. it wont help, but it will dull it till tomorrow.

It's very hard loosing a loved one ... my prayers and sympathy go out to both of you ... God Bless!

Rub, once again i feel for you and yours in this time of loss....i was never a "dog person" growing up...we had a couple dogs when i was growing up, but they were "outside" dogs...they were somewhat stupid in their own way....my wife grew up with a Dalmatian and insisted we have one...(being a wussy cat person and never really bonding with a dog before i resisted)....my sister pretty much took it outof my hands when she purchased a Dalmatian from a local reputable breeder as our wedding gift....i didn't want that dog for "nuthin" when we got her and I wouldn't trade her for the world today(8 years later)...so i do understand the emotions you are going through(somewhat)...my "old" cat is 18 years old and getting close to leaving..still in good spirits, but her body is wasting away....honestly it scares me...but anyway im not gonna babble too much, just wanted once again to send you and your mouse my best thoughts and to say, the big guy may be gone from your home, but not from your heart...

....not wanting to sound too crappy at this time, but you incured some major expenses and it can be tough...i have participated in a "fund raising" on boards before for members that had this scenario(alot of folks i associate with are animal lovers and many are involved with canine rescue groups and such) and if you would allow it, something similar could be done here...it would involve either sending your mailing address to members who wish to donate to your cause...or renting a PO box for a month or so(cheap) to allow those wanting to help(how ever small the donations) with Kodiacs final expenses....just a thought....

Back