just wanted to thank all the good folk

damnit, Rub....I am truly sorry for you and the rest of the family.....that absolutely sucks. I'll throw the stick a couple extra times for the big guy next time I'm running my Lab......I can tell by your posts that you loved him dearly and gave him a great home...he was a lucky dog, loved as much as he was......take comfort in remembering the good times.

Thinking of ya',

TBone

Theres no words out there that can express my feelings on how hard it must be losing your best friend. Take care Rubbah, House Mouse and Ripley.  Be thinking about you.

<!--EDIT|BLKBLU04
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110776371 -->

It's not quite the same as a good dog ,my pure bred Himalayan of 10 years passed on for no obvious reason.  She was fine one day, gone the next.  I know how hard it can be too loose a pet, and as already stated, this was just a cat, not MANS BEST FRIEND.  

My thoughts and prayers go out for both you and your house mouse, and may you both find peace in it later after all the tears are shed.
BULLSHID.    JUST a cat.   bullshid.

you loved yer cat.  thats whats important.

I dont care if it's  a goldfish, a hampster, or a fuggin' iguana.

amimals are animals....pets are pets...

better than alot of HUMANS.
Thanks RSD, Gald to see your love of all animals.

I wasn't trying to demean my love of our cat. Just seems that many people don't place cats and dogs in the same category.

You keep posting here and you are going to completely ruin the boards opinion of you. Your sarcasm and quick tongue will now get you nowhere, as we have all now met the real RSD (Andy).

RSD, I was hoping The Pup was going to pull through
down.gif
, I'm at a loss of words Brother. my condolence to you, Andy, Jay & Ripley. God Bless you 2 for doing what you could for the Pup.

damn sorry to hear, Rubbah....

It can be tough losing a good 'ol boy like him...sorry you an the house mouse have to go through this.

Take yer time and enjoy the rounds...sooner or later, it'll all be better.

Hey Rubb like i said before I know your not a praying man but I am and my wife and I will keep you and the rest of your family along with Kodi in our prayers. Sorry for your loss!!!!!  
sad.gif
sad.gif

<!--EDIT|loboboy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110784802 -->

sad.gif

When I was younger I had a Springer-Border Collie mix that loved life. She was there for me for 16 years. She would comfort me when I needed it. She would try to cheer me up when I was down. She knew what was best for me when I didn't. Loosing her was one of the hardest thing I've had to endure. The last time I saw here was the day before she passed away. The next morning my Dad called me to tell me she was gone. Funny thing though. I felt her near me just before my Dad called. She came to say goodbye. I know she'll be waiting for me when my time comes.

Now I have a male Grey Tabby that thinks he's a dog. He'll even come to me when I call him. My better half never had a cat before, so she wasn't sure about getting Tigger. Now that he's been around us for a few years, we don't know what we'd do if he was gone. We had a close call when a neighbor caught him in a trap, and he was almost destoyed by the county (yes he has a tag and chip, but they didn't call us).

Just remember, when you loose a pet (dog, cat, fish, etc.) that you've had for a while, you loose a family member! Period!

You provide a caring home. They provide unconditional love!

Cheers,

Doug

Thanks RSD...now I'm sittin here at work with watery eyes. Guess I'll say I sprayed some solvent in them or something.
wink.gif

Sorry to hear RSD. Hope you, mouse, and Ripley have some better days ahead.

R I P Kodiak
sad.gif

I've had to give away pets, but never had to suffer through their death. Mine was tough, but I know this was much more difficult. Sorry about the loss, but know that his soul will live with you, your wife and Rip. Let us know what we can do to help.

Oh Andy...
sad.gif
sad.gif

I'm so sorry...I've been joking about Kodiac with you, but had no idea he was this sick. I thought it was just his eye...poor guy...

We've all been there...our pets are family...I'm just sorry...send my best to Janet and feel good that the big hearted lug isn't suffering in any way...you did what was best...no regrets for a good life...

sad.gif

sorry for your loss big guy. I was pullin for the pup after I saw your first post about him. I hate to hear that he his left you this way, at least he did leave you with the memory of him.

Time heals all but it takes to damn long for it to heal.

If we can help, let us know.

Josh

here's how it played out.

Kodiac (our wolf/malamute) was sick for a couple days. We took him to the vet Saturday morning. Local vet thought this an' that, some kinda disease maybe, then they thought perhaps a twisted spleen.

They recommend the larger, better equiped vet hospital downtown.

I pull all the shid outa the back of the jeep an' throw it on the ground.
  We pick up Kodi an' take him to the bigger hospital.

Here's how ill he was.  He never used to let me pick him up. I used to try to pick  him up an' stand on the bathroom scale to weigh him.  He wouldn't go for it.  its an alpha male dog thing.  My dog was so sick he couldn't get in the jeep. I picked him up an' he didn't budge.

We blast downtown thru slow movin' traffic while Rubbah swears at every ##### in the fast lane.

We get to the vet hospital an the girls are waitin' for us. VERY COOL.  

It must have been a sight.  Here comes mean ol' ugly faced Rubbah with his 120 pound dog in his arms...cryin' like a fuggin' baby...walkin' in to the vet's.

The girls were awesome.  Absolutely awesome. They had a gurney waitin' an' ol' Rubb laid the big dog down on it.

Then they whistled him off to the back.

They showed me an' the mouse into a nice little room to explain what was goin' on. The surgeon came out an' explained that he has internal bleeding an' that she would like to go in right away....meaning...they need to cut the big dog open. They explain the bill could reach 3700 hundred dollars  easy. The mouse is so qwik with her credit card, you'd swear she was Wyatt Earp. We dont give a fug what it'll cost. We'll re-fuggin'-mortgage the house if we have too.
         not a disease,not a twisted spleen... his liver is fugged.
           they cant save him.

The Mouse... freaks. She crys like I've never seen before.

big tuff guy Rubbah....  he cries too. Then he gets angry.Then he gets sad. Then angry some more.

the next day....  Rubb goes down to make the decisions about where the big dog goes from here.  Rubb goes alone, 'cause the Mouse is a crying mess. I decide that we'll let this nice ol' guy who does the cremations for the vet spread the big dogs ashes around the ol' guys farm.

the girls at the vets office have made an' impression of Kodiac's paw in plaster.  They give it to  Rubb. Most of them are teary eyed aswell.

So....   after I stop blubberin' like a school girl I'm gonna make the House Mouse a little frame. I'm gonna put his collar,his foot print, a couple pictures, and a lock of his fur the girls cut for me... into the frame.

anyway....the main reason for the post.  Thanks.

Thanks to all you big hearted bastids.

The Mouse read all of yer kind words....made her cry even harded...   I didn't think that was possible,but it was....it took her about an' hour an' a half to get thru all the nice words.

She says THANKS.     She wants to thank you all herself.

She's gonna post up here in a couple days...after she's done cryin' she says. She's just not an' internet girl. She doesn't have email. She doesn't surf much. But she's looked in occasionally, especially when I'm laughing outloud.

she feels like she knows some of you...  from the things I've said....bits she's read here an' there...

this is where this board goes above an' beyond...
 its not the great deals,or the advice,the bickering or the sponsors....   its not any of the electronic krap that makes it work....its not the servers or who hosts them...

its the people.

I feel honoured an' blessed.

just wanted to say thanks....  Andy(Rubb), Jay(Janet, aka the House-Mouse),Ripley(the rottweiller)....

an' of course... the big dog.   R I P   Kodiac.
Very sorry my friend to hear of your pain. I have had many many ets and still do. IT IS NEVER EASY.

Sorry Bro... Frame and everything sounds like a great Idea. Hard to make, but it's a great idea...

Now you got's me all bleary eyed again you fugger...

I'll drink a Guiness for the Big Dog...

Later Bro.

once again...thank you.

every time da' Mouse reads yer stuff, she cries more.

Which is what she needs. She'll heal faster.

She keeps telling me I need to cry too, but I'm playin' "The Big Strong Silent" type of guy. ya right.

I went to work today.... a SPECIAL thanks to ..."you know who" for the kind words on my answering machine at work, a kind,sexy,soft voice was a nice thing to hear...

thx Pacman.... kiddin, just kiddin. even deep in grief, I still got it.

the mouse couldn't do it. She figured she wouldn't be much help sitting in the staff room all day crying. She's gonna try for tomorrow.

Babusa,Pac,Busahaya,msrsq,Blkblu,Phatjoe,Tbone,Busafever,
Jester,Sage,Bigbs,stkr,Twrecks,lobo...an' last but not least,Mike. you guys are top notch...world class.
Em... what an' awesome lady. She sometimes swears like a drill sargent...but she's still a classy lady.

thats the word that sums it up best....you guys have

CLASS

special thx for the guys doin' the prayers,lobo an' the rest, means alot to me an' the mouse.

I tried turnin' my spirit an' soul over to God once... he sent
it back...
COD too....the bastid.

thx guys... an' everybody please...Rubber Side Down.

Now you got's me all bleary eyed again you fugger...

I'll drink a Guiness for the Big Dog...

Later Bro.
the bigger they are...the harder they fall.

Rev all misty.

hey Keith.... you tip back a Black n' Tan for the big dog, an' I'll be a good boy for the rest of .... the week.

Ok, till tomorrow. Ok ok , for an' hour or so....

kiddin' . THAT WOULD BE COOL. everytime I get to thinkin' yer just some a$$hole... you go an' type out somethin' good.

Now I'm thinkin' yer a good guy....

Naw...yer still an' azzhole.

actually...you have my RESPECT.
respect isn't something that can be asked for,
or demanded,
or givin' easily.

respect is earned. RSD.

I went to work today....  a SPECIAL thanks to ..."you know who" for the kind words on my answering machine at work, a kind,sexy,soft voice was a nice thing to hear...

thx Pacman....    kiddin, just kiddin.  even deep in grief, I still got it.  

WTF? Heheh...good ta know yer sense o' humor is still intact there, Rubbah....

I was actually wonderin about that one....

Anyways...I'll toss back a Guiness along with Rev...to remember the 'ol boy. An for good measure I'll toss back another one....fer da Rubbah.
beerchug.gif
drinka.gif

amimals are animals....pets are pets...

better than alot of HUMANS [/QUOTE]

...You got it right there RSD. Kodiac was real good looking dog... Share your pain bro
sad.gif

Sorry for you and your wifes loss. Keep your head up, I'm sure someone is taking care of him.

Back