A personal account: race related

BTW my friend there is only one kind of racism, it just manifests itself in many ways. Sometimes when you study things you over complicate them.
I'm afraid you're wrong, on both counts. As I've explained, there are different types. Institutional racism requires power, where the individual variety does not.
Studying something unfamiliar could in theory lead to overcomplication, however given my intimate familiarity with the subject, I'm confident that my study is increasing my understanding of a very nuanced topic.
You're absolutely entitled to believe what you wish, and dismiss my education and understanding, but I respectfully suggest that where your education enables you to design buildings better than most, mine enables me to understand society in a similar way.

There's more than one type of racism sir. Institutional racism is indeed what you described. Individual racism, however, is the act of attribution of qualities observed in a person (or persons) to all people of that race. Any individual can be racist.
HI. To me there is only one race the human race. We all bleed red. Today at work a brown woman fell I called dust off [ EMT] I had to get the door open it was locked, she had fell coming to the door to get her meal. She split her head wide open I stayed with her holding towels to her head trying to help stop the blood till the EMTs got there. I was covered with her blood. She was Spanish. When I was 5 yrs I was playing in my yard with 3 black kids [ African American] my mother call me in. I said why? mom said never mind you have to come in. In Viet Nam we did not care what color you were we had each others backs. When I was out late a African American woman came running out of her house yelling someone is in her house! She was 60 to 70 yrs. I put her in my car, then ran into her house. I only saw the back door open. I now work with mostly African Americans, 21 to 3 white guys, we help each other and we are all friends. I know I am related to a illegal alien [John Alden] Yes the pilgrim.

I'm afraid you're wrong, on both counts. As I've explained, there are different types. Institutional racism requires power, where the individual variety does not.
Studying something unfamiliar could in theory lead to overcomplication, however given my intimate familiarity with the subject, I'm confident that my study is increasing my understanding of a very nuanced topic.
You're absolutely entitled to believe what you wish, and dismiss my education and understanding, but I respectfully suggest that where your education enables you to design buildings better than most, mine enables me to understand society in a similar way.
My degree is in Architecture and Urban Design. That's basically planning and as a part of that degree I spent nearly 3 years in the sociology building on campus. When I said you can over study something, I was speaking from having done the academic side and designed 3 large public housing projects as well as lots of Urban planning research. I have witnessed the collateral damage of racism.

My degree is in Architecture and Urban Design. That's basically planning and as a part of that degree I spent nearly 3 years in the sociology building on campus. When I said you can over study something, I was speaking from having done the academic side and designed 3 large public housing projects as well as lots of Urban planning research. I have witnessed the collateral damage of racism.
I'm glad the architecture and urban planning faculty at your alma mater recognize the importance of sociology in what you learned. Many do not.

#InSouthernCalifornia ~ #KevinCostner ~ #OnRace ~ #THEoRg *

Last edited:
My wife and I were watching the news last evening and a report came up regarding Meghan and Harry about their exit from their royal duties...

One of the quotes from the reporter said there were Tweets (or something like that) depicting Meghan as the "Queen of Monkey Island" and other racial type slurs....

Both my wife and I were appalled when we watched this and couldn't believe anyone would say such a thing let alone say on a public forum such as this Tweet thing..

Just sad.

Back