Warning, your personal account may not be safe

Fate

Donating Member
Registered
Be careful and watch your accounts. I had a guy that worked for me and was paid checks for his work. He opened a credit card and made his payments of MY BUSINESS ACCOUNT!!! I did not catch on till yesterday. He is going to jail, been filing paperwork since yesterday, and no, did not get all the money back either. All he needed was routing number, Account number and my name and address, HMMMM all on a check. Scary stuff.

Be careful and watch your accounts. I had a guy that worked for me and was paid checks for his work. He opened a credit card and made his payments of MY BUSINESS ACCOUNT!!! I did not catch on till yesterday. He is going to jail, been filing paperwork since yesterday, and no, did not get all the money back either. All he needed was routing number, Account number and my name and address, HMMMM all on a check. Scary stuff.
That sucks Mike! Was just thinking about you and was wondering how everything was going. Are you in St. Louis or are you still in Florida? Are you going to be able to make it to busa bash with us this year?

hate to hear this, your bad luck is going to have to end one of these days! i hope everything else is going well for you
beerchug.gif

That sucks Mike! Was just thinking about you and was wondering how everything was going. Are you in St. Louis or are you still in Florida? Are you going to be able to make it to busa bash with us this year?
I don't know about the bash. I am going to try. Not looking like I can though. Things were looking up till yesterday when I found out about my account. It was bad timing since I am in a bind already with $$. I am in St. Louis now but probably heading back to Florida next week. Got our tree out in back yard trying to fix our septic and found out tank was under tree. Have to replace whole system. May have opportunity to hook into a sewer syetem at an apartment building down street which was good news. Things are getting better or atleast feeling up about things. I wish I could make bash, but with everything going on right now, probably not an option.

hate to hear this, your bad luck is going to have to end one of these days!  i hope everything else is going well for you
beerchug.gif
What does not kill us only makes us stronger.... What sucks about the account thing is the guy that stole the money is a guy I was going out of my way to help. He was in trouble with law and I fronted him the money he needed to stay out of jail and never got that back, financed my CBR 1000 to him and never got payment and meanwhile he was stealing from me on the job site (possibly) and out of my account.

I actually have been really positive lately. I will get it all figured out.

hate to hear this, your bad luck is going to have to end one of these days!  i hope everything else is going well for you
beerchug.gif
What does not kill us only makes us stronger.... What sucks about the account thing is the guy that stole the money is a guy I was going out of my way to help. He was in trouble with law and I fronted him the money he needed to stay out of jail and never got that back, financed my CBR 1000 to him and never got payment and meanwhile he was stealing from me on the job site (possibly) and out of my account.

I actually have been really positive lately. I will get it all figured out.
Sorry to hear this... I imagine it would have been easier to take if it was just some guy working for you, but it really sucks to be taken by someone you trusted.

Glad to hear you are still positive!
clap.gif

No good deed goes unpunished. Your heart was in the right place. Hope you get it all worked out and can absorb the loss.

--Wag--

Mike, if it's only the $$$ keeping you from the Bash, you're covered.
Thanks Dennis, but it is the work too. My bike is in Ft. Myers Florida and will be working on getting everything straight. I may go without bike though. I will do my best to make it. I really want to go.

Thanks guys, but did want to warn you guys how easy it is to do. I filed report yesterday and they are looking for him. He has two other active warrents from what I was told.

man that sux, yet another reason I do all my stuff electronic. havent used a paper check in a looooooooong time

Back