A newbie experience-first road trip

Congrats on the new bike, :welcome: to the org.

And the fastest color, too (don't let anyone tell you otherwise!)

This may seem crazy but it works. Sometimes when I ride I talk to myself out loud in the helmet. I say things like 'watch out, they all can't see you' and 'a car may come out of that intersection abrubtly'. It helps to keep me alert especially when my mind starts to zone out to other thoughts. I'm still a little nervous so I do my best to take it easy. I enjoy the riding experience on the Busa and I really want to be safe.

Thanks everyone for all the welcoming remarks. I am a believer in 'he who searcheth for a good deal, findeth a good deal'.
Posted via Mobile Device

congrats and with that head on your shoulders you should enjoy many rides to come...

Wow , out of the showroom and a long ride ! . Congrats .
Do share about first riding experience more on the BUSA .:thumbsup:

Welcome! That is awesome. Don't forget a rear stand is a must for cleaning that rear wheel, chain maintainence and general stability for washing, etc. Use our great sponsors on this .org for that, great prices, great people. BTW, a focused spray of WD40 works great on your rear wheel to get off old chain lube/dirt, wiping off with towelrag...MAKE SURE you don't get any on tire though. Take care. Raydog

Congradulations on bike and good judgement riding home! Grease on wheel probably off chain. Also check play in chain, first adjustment comes real quick. It losens up fast.

Yepster, I do the same thing. I also talk to myself out loud in the helmet, thought i was the only one. Helps me stay focused on everything going on around me. I try to keep the mind frame that im the target and everyones out to get me! Congrats on bike, be careful and enjoy that baby!:thumbsup:

I had a similar maiden voyage experience except I started out in Bremen, Germany... Excellent write up and sweet machine.. For that price I should be heading to Ohio to buy a new '08 as well..

Cool story, i too took a trip for mine, rained on me too on the way back, furniture polish works well to get the grease off the wheels, like the blue and black and :welcome:

Just came back from a good 120mile ride with my buddy on his new R1 that he bought yesterday. First service coming up soon :thumbsup:

r1.jpg

Welcome! That is awesome. Don't forget a rear stand is a must for cleaning that rear wheel, chain maintainence and general stability for washing, etc. Use our great sponsors on this .org for that, great prices, great people. BTW, a focused spray of WD40 works great on your rear wheel to get off old chain lube/dirt, wiping off with towelrag...MAKE SURE you don't get any on tire though. Take care. Raydog

I read somewhere here that WD40 leaves residue. What should I use after WD40 to remove residue.

Welcome! That is awesome. Don't forget a rear stand is a must for cleaning that rear wheel, chain maintainence and general stability for washing, etc.

I got the OEM Suzuki centerstand installed on mine, but I understand the Gen II Busa doesn't have the lugs on the bottom of the bike to allow a centerstand to attach. Too bad for Gen II guys. I love mine.

Just came back from a good 120mile ride with my buddy on his new R1 that he bought yesterday. First service coming up soon :thumbsup:

WOW, that's a nice looking pair of bikes. I'd love to sit by and listen to the R1 exhaust tone all day long. That new crank design they have is pretty cool.

Back