A little quicker to WOT! {04 R1 mod}

It's a great drag racing mod. That is where it came from in my case. Most all the old school drag bikes with round slides or flat slide carbs used a magura 1/4 turn throttle.

How would the R1 mod be for just your normal everyday riding ??? is it too much throttle or would you get used to it for in town and twisty riding ???

^ I'm with him.

Kinda sounds like its "just something to do"

"oh yea, my throttle get to WO before your does":laugh:
It definitely is not "just something to do" Getting to WOT quicker in a street race or drag race without adjusting your hand has huge benefits...Also as far as power goes it's all what you get used to. I traded bikes the other day with my friend for about 30 minutes. I have an 08 turbo and he has a stock 08. Well his bike felt so slow like it was a 450 honda and he told me my bike was basically unrideable.{his bike is not slow and mine is not unrideable}

this mod will be good for drag racing since going to WOT as fast as you can gets you to the finish line quicker.

I would not think this is not a good mod for twisty riders or anyone riding wheelies or anything else that needs "throttle control"

not sure it will make you faster on the 1/4 mile unless you are using the throttle on shifts etc.. most "fast" guys are on 2 step limiters with air shifters.. they never let off the throttle and so just making the action shorter is a help..

Last edited:
You guys are missing the point a little here. Crusing around if you want to go WOT for any reason with this mod you don't have to adjust your hand on your throttle or anything.
Stock busa-1/4turn
04 r1 mod-1/5 turn
04 r6 mod-1/6 turn
So you can see it's not that huge a difference just a little shorter throw so your wrist is not at a 90 degree angle at WOT. Also I put 300 or so miles through some straights, twisties, and city driving yesterday and my bike was not "twitchy" hard to controll or ride as some have eluded to...Now the R6 tube may be a different story. Time will tell because I'm going to try it next out of curiousity.

You guys are missing the point a little here. Crusing around if you want to go WOT for any reason with this mod you don't have to adjust your hand on your throttle or anything.
Stock busa-1/4turn
04 r1 mod-1/5 turn
04 r6 mod-1/6 turn
So you can see it's not that huge a difference just a little shorter throw so your wrist is not at a 90 degree angle at WOT. Also I put 300 or so miles through some straights, twisties, and city driving yesterday and my bike was not "twitchy" hard to controll or ride as some have eluded to...Now the R6 tube may be a different story. Time will tell because I'm going to try it next out of curiousity.
is like any other mod, it will work fine for some and not so fine for others and even dangerous for others..

stretched/straigtliners can appreciate faster throttle response.. guys with tuned suspension, carving up roads could end up splattered all over a guard rail if the bike turns on too fast.. I can pull full throttle when ever I need without readjusting and do NOT need any faster activation as I am pushing the bike harder and harder through the twisties using up more and more of the safety margin..

I tend to agree with you Mr B... I would not reccomend this for a Busa that is used as a twistie bike. It could have adverse effects on your corner exits and leave you as a guadrail stain. But I do have a 1/5 turn on one of my gixxers that has 165rwhp and a 54" wb with a modified/tuned suspension. You do get used to it. But not for a newb for sure. It does take a very smooth throttle hand to keep the bike planted on the ground. Most people I have let ride this bike are scared sh*tless when they get off it... I mean, imagine your Busa with a 54"wb and a 430lb wet weight.....with a 1/5 turn throttle! WOO-HOO:cheerleader:

OK here we are.. :laugh:

I have the R6 tube on my Low Budget Busa and beleave me NO BIG DEAL.. NOT that much quicker at all.. Its by no means a 1/4 turn or anything close.. Just fine tunes whats already there.. a good mod for the money. :thumbsup:

I’ve ran one on mine. It does help at the drag strip for me. A little easier to get it to 100% throttle in the first 60’. I attended a 7 day sport bike instructor school and it sucked. Where the Rx tubes seem to speed up the tube turn to throttle ratio is in the first 0-10% of the throttle opening. The class was set up on a very tight technical course. It was very difficult to roll the throttle on to maintain or accelerate in the turns correctly. It was too “touchy”. I ran the data logger a bit and we are talking about using 1-5% throttle in this case. After the third day, I swapped throttle barrels back to the stock one and it made big difference.

All valid points, but for you people that basically enjoy going fast in a straight line{although for me twisties were no problem} it's a great mod. As DR1300R states above it's only slightly different but noticable. NOT an on off switch. I ride my 400hp turbo bike exclusively on the street and it enhances whats already heavily enhanced...Feels like my bike spools faster now. It's a cheap mod and I believe most here unless your really carving the corners will love it. Go over to suzukihayabusa.org look under "mods" and you will find a 12 page disscussion on this thread. Most all the people using this mod really like it.
peace

Thanks for the info guys... didn't mean to open up a "can" :whistle: I guess the good thing about it is that if you don't like the mod you're only out about $12. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info guys... didn't mean to open up a "can" :whistle: I guess the good thing about it is that if you don't like the mod you're only out about $12. :thumbsup:

Exactly... try it.... About like other mods some are going to like it...some are not.

Back