A little quicker to WOT! {04 R1 mod}

boosted

Registered
Just got around to installing my R1 throttle tube on my 08 turbo busa. Nice mod for you boys and girls that occasionally like to go WOT.{I like to...lol} Well the 04 R1 tube mod is your friend. Takes about 20-30 minutes, costs around $12 dollars, and is easy to install. If your like me the throttle on the busa unless you move your hand to the top, puts your wrist in an uncomfortable position at WOT. Not a problem for me anymore:laugh:...It's only about 1/4 in. shorter twist but that makes a big difference.

I have a quick twist on a couple of my gixxers, it puts your arm and wrist in a better line at WOT for better control and less wind on your arm.

One is a Magura 1/4 turn, the other, off a late model sportbike of unknown origin, that makes my early model gixxer a 1/5 turn.
So did your R1 sleeve cost 12 bux from a dealer, or off egay???

One is a Magura 1/4 turn, the other, off a late model sportbike of unknown origin, that makes my early model gixxer a 1/5 turn.
So did your R1 sleeve cost 12 bux from a dealer, or off egay???
From a dealer. I,m considering trying the R6 mod next spring. I wouldn't mind a little faster than even the R1.

using either the R1 or R6 throttle tube is a very simple swap. If I remeber you just need to take out the two screws on the right handle bar housing. Remove the throttle cables, slide the old throttle tube off and then slide the new one one and reattach the cables and button up the housing.

Ok next question is why if this is such a good mod do you not hear about it? This is the first I've ever heard of doing this. We've all heard of the hump mod but something that cost the same amount but gets you to WOT faster? Id have done this first.:cheerleader:

And if this puts your wrist in a better riding postion that would help me with my right hand turns since I still cant find that happy spot for my wrist on right handers.

:laugh: search is your friend...:laugh: "throttle mod" or "r1 throttle mod" or maybe "r6 throttle mod" should get you there. It's not as popular because most are probably happy with the travel of the OE throttle tube :lookaround:

Ok next question is why if this is such a good mod do you not hear about it? This is the first I've ever heard of doing this. We've all heard of the hump mod but something that cost the same amount but gets you to WOT faster? Id have done this first.:cheerleader:

this mod might not help with that. Your case seems to be about your hands throttle position. The throttle tube from the R1 and R6 just reduce the amount of twist needed to go from closed throttle to full open.
And if this puts your wrist in a better riding postion that would help me with my right hand turns since I still cant find that happy spot for my wrist on right handers.

Is this safe for street riding, I mean I already have to feather the throttle going while riding on the street

This would just make the throttle that much more "touchy", especially during high speed cornering when even just a hair too much can spin your rear. I was dragging knees yesterday, and spinning the rear on acceleration out of corners, and can tell you when your are toting that line having a little more play in the throttle is a good thing. Same goes for you wheelie boyz'.

I've never had any trouble, or heard of, getting WOT as quick as one would like. Maybe some of you just have very small extremities...I mean hands.

^ I'm with him.

Kinda sounds like its "just something to do"

"oh yea, my throttle get to WO before your does":laugh:

Back