A Couple of things that have been bothering me about the org recently...

I dont have much experience when it comes to forums. This is the first and only forum I'm a member off. One thing I do a lot is research and it amazes me that there is even smileys for curse/bad words in the other forums I've seen! Like everyone else said if The title don't seem appealing to me I just move on!

This is the only forums that's kept my interest. I've met some nice people in the year I've been on the forums and plan to meet more!! Lots of helpful hands on the org. I'd have to agree with the post that said to scroll your mouse over and see if its something that interests you, if not move on. As for the smiley's I dig them!! So don't bash on them or else :guns: :spank: :laugh:

Being that I came from the car scene, I was already on a handful of those forums being my local toledotuners.com or srtforums.com plus a handful of others. Once I got into the bike thing and I convinced my current employer(Honda East), that there is a great deal of information, advertising and sales to be had through forums. I don't know exactly the number of forums I'm currently on(is that bad?) or the amount I've been apart of but I can certainly tell you that out of the dozen motorcycle related forums, Hayabusa.org is the only forum I've ever been apart of that consistently has worthwhile new content on it everyday.

This forum is hands down the best moderated and smoothest running forum I've also been around long enough to never have an issue with it's performance or other members(besides Bots, he's a punk). This is probably bad on my part, but I honestly hardly log onto the other "big" motorcycle forums because of it's members or just lack threads that I care enough to look at. It's probably because you guys are old and stuff so being that I'm 26, it's like hanging out with my dad and uncles :laugh:

I'm a liberal Democrat, and I always go to "What's New." When I respond to political threads, I try to do so in a respectful manner. Most of the time I just ignore the political threads and enjoy the rest of the site.

Being that I came from the car scene, I was already on a handful of those forums being my local toledotuners.com or srtforums.com plus a handful of others. Once I got into the bike thing and I convinced my current employer(Honda East), that there is a great deal of information, advertising and sales to be had through forums. I don't know exactly the number of forums I'm currently on(is that bad?) or the amount I've been apart of but I can certainly tell you that out of the dozen motorcycle related forums, Hayabusa.org is the only forum I've ever been apart of that consistently has worthwhile new content on it everyday.

This forum is hands down the best moderated and smoothest running forum I've also been around long enough to never have an issue with it's performance or other members(besides Bots, he's a punk). This is probably bad on my part, but I honestly hardly log onto the other "big" motorcycle forums because of it's members or just lack threads that I care enough to look at. It's probably because you guys are old and stuff so being that I'm 26, it's like hanging out with my dad and uncles :laugh:

We are glad you are here Justin! I think you boss made a good choice when he went with your idea as I think it's helped spread his business to a wider audience; he certainly gained another customer he would have never had with me!

Just don't every call me Uncle Skydivr......

Argilbertson, your post was a very good one. I often feel like this site is full of right winged, redneck, Fox News watching nuts who have too many guns. That being said I have met many of the people you see me arguing with day in and day out and they are good, fun people. These are very difficult times and our country is being redefined, so expect caring people to have strong emotions about things like God, family, flag and country. I think most of the people here are right of center, that's who built this site and mostly who posts to it. As a Liberal I understand I'm in enemy territory. But don't confuse the back and forth you see here with a lack of quality humans, because you would be mistaken.

:rofl:

I'm a liberal Democrat, and I always go to "What's New." When I respond to political threads, I try to do so in a respectful manner. Most of the time I just ignore the political threads and enjoy the rest of the site.

I'm a registered independent, but think conservatively on most issues. I tend to ignore them or stay out of them. When I do slip up and get into one I often regret it.

What the heck is going on. I go to bed for a few hours and a newby tries to start a fight and change the forum :banghead:

I'm a registered independent, but think conservatively on most issues. I tend to ignore them or stay out of them. When I do slip up and get into one I often regret it.

What the heck is going on. I go to bed for a few hours and a newby tries to start a fight and change the forum :banghead:

lol You should sleep with your eyes open and hands on the keyboard!!!

We are glad you are here Justin! I think you boss made a good choice when he went with your idea as I think it's helped spread his business to a wider audience; he certainly gained another customer he would have never had with me!

Just don't every call me Uncle Skydivr......

Bahaha you old guys better hope I don't ever make it to Bash or big meet :lol:

You boss needs to subsidize your trip to the Spring Bash for all the business you've brought him...:thumbsup:

Bottom line on this forum as with any group, the 10% A-hole rule of thumb applies, meaning 10% of every group you look at on any given day are A holes, the composition of that 10% will change every day but its always 10%. If you think you don't make up that 10% some days you are delusional (and probably fit in that group more than 10% of the time).

I am a member of 3 gun forums, the Org, HDForums, Triumph Rat . net, Tiger800 Forum, Soflasportbike forum, Hoka Hey Forum. This is the most mature Jap Bike forum I have found that still remains interesting, mods do a great job, hell I don't even know who they are and that's a good thing. The members here are just as helpful as the HD forum and Triumph Rat forum, very helpful, mostly because of mature participants. Forums have cost me quite a bit of money, but also saved me quite a bit of money too, have learned about safety more than anything, looking back how I used to ride in the 70's and 80's I am still surprised I am alive.

Easy there, whippersnapper! You're only 3 years younger than me. :laugh:

Glad to have you here though! You should definitely be lobbying your boss for a paid trip to the Spring Bash. :thumbsup:

this forum is the only place that you can say zx14 is better than hayabusa and you won't get prosecuted!!:laugh::laugh::crowbar::spank:

This is the best mannered/moderated motorcycle forum I have found. As a still current member of the gixxer forum from my old bike. I can say I have posted,read,spent more time on here in a few weeks then I did there in 3 years. Here's to those that keep it going:beerchug:

Before I get into what the title teases you about, I want to say that by and large I love this site. The people here are generally warm and friendly, and questions (even relatively stupid ones) generally get serious responses and a genuine attempt at being helpful. For the most part, trolling has failed to really infest this forum, as even disagreements are more often than not relatively civil and rational on the scale of internet flamewars.

That being said, there are one or two things that bother me in my time here...

As of the time I posted this, of the top 10 newest postings in the "What's new?" tab, half of them are political in nature. This doesn't bother me all that much on its own except that none of them are actually IN the Politics forum...instead they clutter up the vaguely named "Random Thoughts" section. I can see how normally "Random Thoughts" is broad enough to make this a non-issue, but theres a specific forum for political commentary; use it please.

The subject of political commentary leads me to the next item which repeatedly agravates me; the rampant and relatively immature harrassment of the progressive viewpoint without any real evidence. Far to often I come across Fox news catchphrases and Tea Party Slogans in places they have no business being. It's fine and good to disagree with another member's viewpoint, but pointless namecalling is childish at best, and in the greater interest of the community, really should be discouraged mor vigorously.

Which brings me to my final issue with the org as it currently stands; the general lack of moderation in some areas. I dont know if it's from a tacit agreement with the viewpoints being presented, being overburdened with real life issues, or just lack of interest in maintaining the positive image of the forums, but often times it seems like the children have been left to play by themselves, and the consequences largely remain on the internet for all prospective new members to read.

I dont want to feel like I need to avoid the org to get away from these postings, nor to I want to begin thinking of it as a conservative commentary forum cleverly disguised as a motorcycles group. I want this place to be the welcoming and exciting place for all lovers of motorcycles in general, and the hayabusa specifically to come together in a greater appreciation of the sport, and the engineering behind it. Please consider when you're posting, if you would, whether your posting adds to the org before you post it; does it make this motorcycles forum a better and more inviting place for all lovers of the sport to be, or not? I hope that as you read this, you can understand that I do not wish to start a fight with anyone, I think everyone here (including those with whom I disagree politically) are amazing and interesting people with great stories and a lot of knowledge to share...I'm just tired of being afraid that the next time I log in, something here will offend me.:unhappy:

Not that you can't learn a lot from the shared info about the busa but you are 100 percent correct. What you see is what you get. I've been feeling the same way for quite some time. This is a mostly conservative site and if your not one your dumb in their opinion. Just use your search bar and see for yourself.

I do feel many conservatives on this site think I am dumb, but on the other hand they could very well be correct. What they don't understand is that I used to be very smart and now I coasting to my retirement...........:laugh:

Back