A Couple of things that have been bothering me about the org recently...

Honestly you need to spend some time on some other bike forums. I'm the only guy in my group of riders that rides a hayabusa but I'm becoming the come to guy for problems on all of our bikes. I have had to go through the gsxr and r1 forums to figure out some problems and I can tell you that this site is a walk in the park to the other forums. This org keeps the people in check really well. I think alot of that is due to the age group that rides the busa, mostly guys that have got over there egos and moved on with life. I know I don't see eye to eye with alot of guys here but I know after we disagree and yell that I would buy them a beer or dinner. I would give alot of the people here a place to stay the night if they were riding through my area, other forums won't even lend you a quart of oil. I love this place and have learned to stay outta certain posts.

What you'll notice about people here, is that they are all pretty passionate about their motorcycles. That passion translates into other things, including, at the given moment, politics. As long as you are debating the subject and not the person, and maintain a modicum of respect for that other person, you have the choice to comment, or not comment; read, or move on. Your choice. Nobody is holding a gun to your head to click that thread. See those pink panties? Wanna know how those members 'earned' them?

The mods here do awesome job under difficult circumstances, regardless of their personal views (within reason) about keeping the peace without having to resort to extreme censorship. Every day they block spammers, troublemakers, baiters, and just plain pogues. If you want to see what the other side looks like, go and take a look at the plethora (been wanting to use that word all day) of other boards out there, to see what happens when you let the keyboard commando's say whatever they want, or where the mods seem to take sick pleasure out of using their tools on you if they disagree.

I'd have to say me and Fallenarch (and apparently, you) are about as opposite of the political spectrum as they come, yet, at the Bash or any other ride, I could shake his hand (or yours) and share a beer without any acrimony and have a good laugh. I actually enjoy the intellectual debate with Arch; I've told him so. And if things get out of hand, there is ALWAYS a moderator watching, nicely at first but with the hammer if they need it....

The last thing is FREE WILL. You have the power to respond, debate, ignore or walk away.

Also, don't forget at the bottom left of every post is a little triangle with an exclamation point in it. Click it, and the mods will see it almost instantly..

Then they can figure out it it was in poor taste, and deal with the situation without you having to call anyone out in public.

There shouldn't be any name calling, etc here unless its from people that we all know. You'll notice certain people have more brash ways of speaking than others, but once you learn the way they "talk" you'll see they don't mean to be brash, they just don't know any better...

one doesn't ask...one just receives... if you have the nature to offend a specific mod...in good jest. and by the way...i would love to agree to disagree with you some day....but then again...i cant agree on that either lol

one doesn't ask...one just receives... if you have the nature to offend a specific mod...in good jest. and by the way...i would love to agree to disagree with you some day....but then again...i cant agree on that either lol

...wut? Is this your way of trying to wave me off before I do something even more stupid?

MC Mustang and twotonevert said it every bit as well as I could have, so I won't rehash what they covered.

I will say this... If you ever run across name-calling or targeted acts of disrespect toward a member, please use the "Report Post" feature. Each of the Admins and Mods will immediately receive an e-mail copy of the report, and we will quickly take whatever action we deem necessary to resolve the issue.

Nope, I'm actually daring to ask the dark secret behind the Pink Panties Club

Tread lightly around the realm of the dreaded Pink Panties. The Queen of Doom and All Things Pink is one to be feared.

You have been warned... :whistle:

1. Learn better self control to back out of a topic/thread you find is bothering you.
2. Report what you feel is worth reporting. Follow rule #1 before attempting rule 2. don't go looking for something to report.
3. If this forum is to intense for you, maybe you should reevaluate continuing to read here,because this forum is more moderated then almost any other forum out there.

Lotta good points made here. I am a member of about 5 various forums from motorcycles to trucks to guns. This forum is by far the best of them all.

Not trying to be disrespectful here, but, I know the moderators here have it a little easier here than the other forums, because most of the members here are "old enough to know better" and they practice it. This is not trying to insinuate the moderators don't have a tough job, because just a few members can make their job a nightmare.

Even the moderators are human, and they are also members here. And sometimes I know they have a tough time being professional towards other members, because they are human. But they do a real good job here.

For the most part you can only please and dis-please 50% of your people. The names in the "pleased column" will change on a daily basis, as well, the names in the "dis-pleased column" will change on a daily basis.

This all means today 50% of people think you are the best thing since sliced bread.
And 50% of people think you are worthless. Tomorrow it will still be 50%/50%, just some will change sides depending on the topic.

Last edited:
This forum is by far is one of the best forums out there... If you don't agree you need to visit other forums.. there are variety of discussions here and If I am not interested in some of them I just stay away from them but that does not give me the right to stay that no one else should discuss those threads ...

Also, don't forget at the bottom left of every post is a little triangle with an exclamation point in it. Click it, and the mods will see it almost instantly..

Then they can figure out it it was in poor taste, and deal with the situation without you having to call anyone out in public.

There shouldn't be any name calling, etc here unless its from people that we all know. You'll notice certain people have more brash ways of speaking than others, but once you learn the way they "talk" you'll see they don't mean to be brash, they just don't know any better...

Personally, I write much more aggressively than I talk. Meet me in person and all you get is a big Santa Clause laugh and you are lucky if I say 2 words all weekend. But I'm also one of those people who loves a good debate for the intellectual fight (skydivr). Other than that I'm pretty much a teddy bear who could care less what you think as long as I get plenty to eat and you are cool on the group rides.:thumbsup:

Back