9 YR. OLD THREATEN BLOW UP SCHOOL>>3blks from me

On a lighter note: did you hear about the Polish terrorist that burned his lips trying to blow up a bus?

On the side of the video games. We watched cartoons when we were kids. We never dropped an anvil on anyone. We never tried to plug a shotgun with our fingers to blow up the shooter.

If the video game is rated for teens, what is your pre-teen doing with it?

I had access to guns most of my life. There was no safe, and the ammunition was right there with them. I knew better than to even consider touching any of them. Broken a$$ and fingers are a powerfull deterent.

An even more simple solution. Where was the gun safe? Were were the trigger locks?

Later,

Steve

My salary doesn't include a stipend for Armored vests.... the MOM KNEW ABOUT IT AND DROPPED HIM OFF ANYWAYS?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
???
Thats my though...why would the mother drop him off at school anyway?

Have a nice day at school honey..Oh and give me the gun...you know they are not allowed.

Holy smokes...what was she thinking?
pillepalle.gif
not only did she drop him off i think she told the principle about it.

here's a vid about it

http://www.wthr.com/global....6957697

rock.gif

rock.gif

As much as I hate to admit it (being very into gamming when I was younger) I have to agree with a lot that has been said here. Although, I don't know if video games were a factor in this case. There was probably some neglect somewhere along the way.

I don't blame video games directly, but they don't help. Mainly because they are used as a baby sitter - instead of parents TEACHING theri children, they IGNORE them and let desensitising games, tv and movies to fill in those empty gaps. I watched all the violent cartoons also, BUT had VERY ATTENTIVE, loving and caring parents explaining life to me along the way. I wasn't selfishly ditched.

Oddly, VIDEO GAMES are always mentioned as a "HIGH LIFESTYLE MARK" for every gun toting, school shooting perp I've read about over the last 10 years. Why is that? They don't say, "Oddly, this person never played those violent video games...". Nope. They USUALLY say, "played a lot of Doom" "into video games" etc etc. Isn't anyone making realistic stats on this yet?

But yes, parents bringing them into a world where they don't take responsibility for them is the deeper problem, but people WILL continue to have mindless sex.

Totally agree WWJD.

I played games of war, watched violent cartoons, as I got older it turned into movies and video games. But I also had a very carrying parents. If I said something out of line, or acted in a violent way, or did anything inappropriate, I was sat down and told why it was wrong. This helped teach me the difference between virtual reality and real life. The things we can do in video games aren't always acceptable in real life... that's part of the reason they make these games.

That said, I can say first hand that the games DO have an effect on ones mind. Playing any racing game for a few hours followed by a drive to the store should be able to demonstrate this. You just 'feel' like you should be driving more aggressive... at least I do. But I don't drive more aggressive, because I learned the difference.

Someone much younger than me, who hasn't learned, or lacks positive role models probably would process the experience differently. The video games probably amplify the deeper problem.

Back