I couldn't be prouder of my son.....

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Hey folks.... Our busas are important but our kids are the future.... We got an invite in the mail a week or so ago from the school inviting us to the end of year awards ceremony for my oldest son who is 14. Evan gets good grades and he usually gets something for grades so we didnt think anything about it when we got the letter. We went tonight and the first award up was the "Student of Today" award that is presented by the masonic lodge. The award is for Outstanding Scholarship, Leadership, Citizenship and Integrity. Two kids in each grade are chosen, one boy and one girl.... When they called my sons name my jaw dropped and I watched my son get up and walk up to the stage to receive his award... Through the night we were honored to see him have his name called two more times, once for the baseball team and one for the President's Education Awards Program in which he and nine other classmates had grades to meet the criteria... This kid has a future, he smart, honest, sincere and really wants to do the right thing.... I am very very pleased with him..... The kid has it all right now, I told him that his sole job was to get good grades and dad would take care of everything else.. We give him a lot but I think that he earns it too.....

FYI: This is not the same son that kept moving my network cable in the switch a few years ago. That son is getting an award tomorrow for the most sad faces on his daily checksheet in the history of the school kindergarden.

Enough about me and my kids, it's that time of year lets hear about some of your kids achievemnets this year.

Good deal, seems like you got him going in the right direction.
beerchug.gif

wow man that is awsome. my kids are only 5 and 4 so i still got a long way to go. I hope it works ot for them as much as it has for your son.

Good kid! I'm glad he takes after his mom!

Pass on congrats to him from me! I know you are both very proud of him! You should be!

Almost like graduation for parents to see the accolades given to their kids.

Congrats to you all.

--Wag--

congrats... keep instilling in them the importance of education. too many kids today see Rap stars or Athletes and think that is what they are going to do with their lives.

The more you LEARN, the more you EARN

(Okay.. I know this isn't ALWAYS true... but for the majority, it is.)

beerchug.gif
Congrats to him Cap. I know how proud you are. My oldest daughter Lauren graduates this Friday. She is an A student and is going to be a nurse. She starts college in the fall.
smile.gif

Congrats. I know how proud you are. He is at the age where he could swing either way. It seems he has the heart and wisdom to take the right paths in life. Please pass on a kudos for me.

I'm kinda proud of my daughter who just turned 15. She was accepted in to a brand new H.S. that's going to be ready next school year. It is called Ben Davis University. All the students that make the list to attend will have an assoc. degree by the time they graduate this H.S. It is FREE but they have to have a certain grade pt. avg., submit a written essay to why they should be excepted to this school, and get written referrals from ALL of their teachers. The school has no extra curicular activities because the work is plentiful. The best part is she will have 2 yrs. of college out of the way by the time she graduates. BUT we are having problems with her being responsible lately. She isn't turning in all her work or even trying to keep up with her chores without us having to remind her every time.

I feel like it's a fine line raising teen. Don't want to be a drill sergent but I don't want give too much slack either.

congrats... keep instilling in them the importance of education. too many kids today see Rap stars or Athletes and think that is what they are going to do with their lives.

The more you LEARN, the more you EARN

(Okay.. I know this isn't ALWAYS true... but for the majority, it is.)
He was so mad at me when I wouldnt let him wear an athletic T-shirt and sweatpants.... I told him that he needed to have some pride in himself and dress for the occasion. I am amazed that some of the kids were there in ragged jeans or shorts and sweatpants with ball caps on... Whatever happenned to self esteem and image and taking pride in yourself? Either way he "got it" and we talked about the differences after the ceremony....

He absolutely loves sports... He played basketball, weight lifting, football and baseball but his heroes as he has told me before were our pastor and youth leader at church... Im telling you all this now.. this kid is going places..... not because of me but what he believes in....... It was also neat to see him get these awards, he plays all the sports and is not quite big enough for 1st string but he plays all the time.... Of all the kids that are starters in all the sports only two of them received any academic recognition, he definately caught on to that.....

Im very proud of him....

cap

evan_awards_2008_8th_grade_001.jpg

Congrats, Doug!! You and Kristie should be very proud of his accomplishments! That says a lot about both of you and how you have raised him!
beerchug.gif

Congrats Doug, it certainly is rewarding to see them grow up and see what kind of person they turn into!

Mine graduates Friday night with a 3.6 GPA and a 28 ACT, has been accepted to the University of Arkansas College of Engineering. Just finished two college courses his Senior year, he is a bit of a math whiz and is delighted that taking College Comp already means he will finish four years of college without having to take even ONE semester of English!!
laugh.gif

Here he is pimpin before the Prom...

Fixed__Small_.JPG

congrats guys, you have every reason to be proud of your children's successes
beerchug.gif

Back