6k miles on the bike still original tires!

shawnski

Donating Member
Registered
hey guys that is the longest i have ever gone without changing tires in any bikes i have ever owned and still good. maybe a little flat spot in middle but i bought set a month ago thought i am going to need it but looks like i might make it for another 1k miles.still handles well.
i bought the same kind since they have been real good tires!:thumbsup:
believe me i don't ride like grandpa either!!!!:laugh

002.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg

doing pretty good. I got approx 7500 out of my stock rear but I do ride like a Grandpa

WOW, I haven't gotten above 2k miles without changing them. Maybe your not twisting your right hand enough. :poke:

Chris

WOW, I haven't gotten above 2k miles without changing them. Maybe your not twisting your right hand enough. :poke:

Chris

no drag racing but i twist it all the way in every gear!:thumbsup:

i have been really keep in up with tire pressure in this bike i check it each week and adjust and i think that has helped alot. i put about 35 cold tires.

I would have gotten more than 6000 out of my first stock tire. I changed it out early because of a long road trip. I highly recommend the BT016 if you like the stock tires. Think super sticky tires that should get roughly the same mileage.

i got 7600 out of my stock battleaxes
Posted via Mobile Device

hey guys that is the longest i have ever gone without changing tires in any bikes i have ever owned and still good. maybe a little flat spot in middle but i bought set a month ago thought i am going to need it but looks like i might make it for another 1k miles.still handles well.
i bought the same kind since they have been real good tires!:thumbsup:
believe me i don't ride like grandpa either!!!!:laugh

Great deal! It's amazing how many miles you can get out of a tire if you keep the profile nice and round.

Congrats, bro!:beerchug:

Looks like you've done pretty good.:thumbsup:
I keep up with my air pressures too. But 5000 is about all I can get out of a ST rear, or a front for that matter. Full sport tires, 3500 max.

uh.. yup! (and I'm a straightliner and proud of it!)

My speed is for the track (and that Shinko Ultra Soft doesn't care if there isn't any tread left!)

Back