Rode with 3 Harleys, 3 Jap Bikes

Spkrdctr

Registered
I got an invite to ride with some guys, well we actually invited them. Three Harleys, one Honda cruiser and one Victory? Well, I was surprised, most of them knew what a BKing was without me having to explain it.

They were very nice people, but they do ride sloooww. I realized why people like Harleys! You can park the bike without the kickstand, go have a beer or two come out and it's still sitting there waiting on you, The bikes do not like to lean over at all, with or without the rider! I had one guy using a car tire. I watched his rear tire and even on very slow turns it put the tire up on the edge pretty good. I would never ride with a car tire after seeing that. The tire handles it well because the rider never turns the bike over 35mph!!!

I had a good ride, but realized just how slow a Harley ride is......:banghead:

I got an invite to ride with some guys, well we actually invited them. Three Harleys, one Honda cruiser and one Victory? Well, I was surprised, most of them knew what a BKing was without me having to explain it.

They were very nice people, but they do ride sloooww. I realized why people like Harleys! You can park the bike without the kickstand, go have a beer or two come out and it's still sitting there waiting on you, The bikes do not like to lean over at all, with or without the rider! I had one guy using a car tire. I watched his rear tire and even on very slow turns it put the tire up on the edge pretty good. I would never ride with a car tire after seeing that. The tire handles it well because the rider never turns the bike over 35mph!!!

I had a good ride, but realized just how slow a Harley ride is......:banghead:

Hahahaha! I rode with a guy and he had a car tire too! It was on a Suzuki Intruder. I feel your pain ridin' with cruisers! I have a few friends with those bikes. You know the type that grew up way too young? I guess i'll stay young cause if that is what I have to ride to be grown up....I'll be for ever young!

My brother has a Harley flxrst what ever it's a 1000lb full dresser. he has a 21" front tire on it and can handle the back roads pretty good for what it is. when we do our Bixby MO. run (marked 30-40mph corners one after another for 50 miles) he'll run 65

The reason why harleys suck at high speeds is because of the massive wind resistance. I absolutely hate riding my dads harley on the highways. However they are extremely fun cruisers. It ran a 13.1 so they are decently quick if they raced a car lol

i cruise with a few guys that run their HD's. Hitting triples on open road is normal for them. So is leaving 'blackies', scraping pegs, and doing pretty awesome wheelies. Not all HD riders are a bunch of geezers that barely do the speed limit on shiny stock bikes, those are the stereotypes!

i cruise with a few guys that run their HD's. Hitting triples on open road is normal for them. So is leaving 'blackies', scraping pegs, and doing pretty awesome wheelies. Not all HD riders are a bunch of geezers that barely do the speed limit on shiny stock bikes, those are the stereotypes!

+1

Two of my friends ride HD's and they haul ass on their bikes. One a Street Glide and the other a Road Glide. These guys can ride!

Slow rides are good on the street; you get a different experience by actually seeing things, including the other bikes around you. I always enjoy riding with my friend who has a 999, since it's a beauty to watch and hear (with its full Termi exhaust and Rizoma open clutch cover).

i used to ride with a buddy who had a valkerie...let me tell ya his pegs and exhaust had more scrapes from high speed cornering then most peoples knee pads on there leather. Excellent rider. its a super heavy machine too.

my riding buddies :thumbsup: Wouldn't trade them for anything, best people to ride with :thumbsup:

We stick together on our rides like white on rice, like stink on sheerrrrooorr you know what I mean:poke: :laugh:

When we rode through TN on our vacation we only managed to stay toggther for the occasional photo ops :whistle: something about those roads brought out the worst in me.. Oh well I am back in Miami and got my throttle hand back under control so we cruising al over the state again side by side :laugh:

IMG00081-20091205-0745.jpg

IMG00563-20100625-1121.jpg

IMG00562-20100625-1121.jpg

I have a fully custom Harley pro street.I am not afraid to lean it over,even with a 260 rear tire (no chicken strips here). It flies too. A beefed up S&S motor with all the hi-po parts.It has a 127 cubic inch motor.Thats 2080 cc's.
It,s faily light and is only about 30-40 hp shy of the busa.

RSD.

h1.JPG

h2.JPG

h3.jpg

When I ride with the Harley guys, I ride a Harley. 65 mph on a Harley is fun.

65 mph on Busa is like putting steak and potatoes in front of someone who had nothing to eat for a month.

Where do STOCK, BONE STOCK harleys top out at? 100? 105? I don't know. It seems that with these guys riding, the bikes are going slower over time.......

Back