5700 miles on the rear tire!

..holy crap! hey Robin, what have you been doing with my Batmobil man?..
smile.gif
How are you people riding to get 5700 (7000 Michelle! ..you're joking, right?..) on the rear tire..

On my way to my first set of 208's so I will let you know what goes down - but most certainly NOT likely to come up with any better figure than 3-4k.. and no, I don't drag (a couple of trackdays, sure.. ..my game is twisties, and long-LONG travels, as well as commuting occasionally.. )

So far, I ended up with the following:

M1's : 4k+something.. (but that was my first set..)
Pirelli Diablos 1st: 4k (with 5 trackdays though..)
Pirelli Diablos 2nd: 4,5k (w/ two trackdays, but now the rear is more like slick..)

..all that in less than 5 months (I have the busa since May..).

How am I doing Batman?..
smile.gif

smile.gif

sorry boys and girls...got you all beat. I have nearly 8000 miles on my dunlop 208s....but I ride like a pussy. I ride a lot. But, no burnouts, no wheelies. Only an occassional trip to 135 mph+.

So far I would say I have the record unless I missed read somthing. I have 9234 miles on my stock tires and the rear looks decent. I don't ride hard, no burn outs, no wheelies on this on yet, and the every so often top speed in the triples. I commute to DC on my bike every day which is about 80 miles one way.
I am in the market for new ones and was curious to get some suggestions from the veterns on the board.

So far I would say I have the record unless I missed read somthing.  I have 9234 miles on my stock tires and the rear looks decent.  I don't ride hard, no burn outs, no wheelies on this on yet, and the every so often top speed in the triples.  I commute to DC on my bike every day which is about 80 miles one way.  
I am in the market for new ones and was curious to get some suggestions from the veterns on the board.
I'm very happy with my pirelli diablos, about 5k on them and they're still holding up good. I've ordered a set of the new pilot powers just out of curiosity, but they are going to have to be really really good to stop me from going back to the diablos. I'm also a commuter on the busa, but only 55 miles one way.

<!--EDIT|sageronin
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095990901 -->

It seems like the Bridgestones wear much better than other tires. Are they a harder compound? I got barely 3,500 miles on my last Dunlop 208's and there was serious cord showing. I've never done a burnout or a wheelie, but I like to hang off the bike on turns and twisties.

just ordered pirelli diablo for the back from parts411.com and cost me 144.33 with shipping. front be ordered in a couple days. heard good things about them, so going to try them out.

I got 7400 out of my first Bridgestone, 5000 out of my second.

Changed out the sewcond rear abit early, because my front tire was chopping the tread pattern. From hard braking I guess.

Bridgestone site says BT056 is a dual compound tire, so that would account for the better wear in the center.

Now, I'm on a set of BT014's. So far they are great, but can't wait to get them out into what few twisties we have here in FL.

Later,

Man some heavy hands here, you guys are burning those tires up. I just got 14,000 out of a set of Avon 45/46's and
before that I got 14,000 out of a set of BT10's. I just put a new set of BT10's on about 6,000 mile ago. I have over 78,700 mile on my 2000 (Red/Grey). I ride daily from my home 114 (round trip) to SF, CA. I ride every weekend in the twisty's with friends. I don't consider my self a professional, but I can hang with most. I don't do burn outs ets. Don't really know why I get so many miles. Helps the pocket book though.

I barely Managed 3200 outta my BT010, NO Burnouts, Pressure at 40PSI Religiously... I don't get it, either you folks never twist a throttle in anger or I have some kind of magic rubber eating roads out here. BT56J was good for about 2200 I think when I replaced it.

In Fairness though I replace them when there is no longer a tread wear indicator visible... Then off they come.

I've got about 5700 on my stock Bridgestone BT56 (and I think I ride pretty easy). I am just getting to the wear bars in the center. I'm thinking of switching to the Dunlop 207 or 208. I had much better mileage (almost 10K) and ride with the Dunlop 207 on my previous Gixxer than these Bridgestones.

3100 out of the stock rear, 2800 out of the diablo corsa, and on to a full set of M1's....yes, I hammer the sh*t of it, all the time, aren't you suppose too? Yep....here it is on page 3 of the manual...says - HAMMER THE SH*T OF IT, ALL THE TIME. Thought so....
tounge.gif

I thought that the rule for the Busa was change the oil and the rear tire
biggrin.gif

I barely Managed 3200 outta my BT010, NO Burnouts, Pressure at 40PSI Religiously...  I don't get it, either you folks never twist a throttle in anger or I have some kind of magic rubber eating roads out here.  BT56J was good for about 2200 I think when I replaced it.

In Fairness though I replace them when there is no longer a tread wear indicator visible...  Then off they come.
We have some of those magic rubber eating roads here in north FLA too rev.

041023051616.JPG

Back