Rear Tire Issues

dadofthree

Seasoned Beef
Donating Member
Registered
newbie.gif
no flaming please, no critical viewpoints. Warnings are applicable. My first tire went 5K and would have lasted longer except where I live it's flat and straight and the very center of the tire became worn. On this first tire I encountered 4 nails and used fix-it-flat for each repair and had no problems. I know that this isn't the wise move. The Fix-It-Flat product warned against use on motorcycles, S rated tires, etc. I exceeded the speed allowed by the product more than 3X on numerous occasions. All at risk to myself. I never do peg runs with company. I have 1800 miles on the Metzler and picked up a flat thin piece of metal the other day. Major injury to tire. Used Fix-It-Flat again, but have to put air in the tire every couple of days. Bike gets squirrely in twisties at high speeds with 5 psig.
Looking for advise to keep this tire going. Can't afford $ hundreds every month or two. Help and advise requested. Anyone else having this much trouble with their rear tire. Seems like the front tire stands objects up for the rear.
bluegrab.gif

Motorcycle shops used to "Patch" a tire from the inside ......but it's been quite a while since I've needed one . Give 'em a call , it's worth a try !

Hey bud i feel 4 ya!! If you go to the tire shop your fugged and feathered! They will charge half the price for a new shinko rear to your door! You like the canyon carving A
all_coholic.gif
So you need the sticky hi $$ ones! If you want to dance you have to pay the fiddler i know you heard that B 4 !!
super.gif
But DUDE if you keep putting that snake oil in that tire your going down hard
guns.gif
Better to just plug it from the outside.
bowdown.gif

(CBXRider @ Dec. 26 2006,18:30) Make sure to remind whomever removes that rear from the rim that you have goo inside.
laugh.gif
And I believe that's an EXTRA fee !
wink.gif

I think you're playing with fire to use Fix a Flat. At the very least, use a patch. If you picked up a piece of metal which produced a gash as opposed to a round hole, you may not even be able to patch it.

Also, I think the Fix a Flat will make it difficult or impossible to repair, even with a patch.

You might want to consider a new tire. At the very least, stay out of the twisties so we don't have to read a teary-eyed post from one of yor family.

--Wag--

Get a new tire. Cost $ out of pocket - yes, But the pease of mind - Priceless. For legal reasons alot of places won't even do a velconized pacht/plug(inside one) any more. Plugs are basical for punctures, ei.nails, not cuts. As stated above "playing with fire" is quite true. Pushing twisties with a "fixed" tire with a "cut", not me. Spend 100 or maybe stove-up for 6mo.-1yr. or worse. I will run a plug but only long enough to get home and throw on another skin, even a worn one. Just my .02

I got my last set from cycle gear in florida they seemed to be the cheapest someone else from this board posted about them as being very fair thats also why i went with them.

(TALYN @ Dec. 26 2006,21:51) Where is the best place to get a Shinko, best price?
190x55zrx17 009 Raven, to your door $98.00 with no tax from these and they are on the ball! No BS the best all around. Tire is rated to 168 M P Hr so keep it under that. Its the Korean Rating sys. Here ya go! And if we ask for a bit back for this site to Cap i'm sure we could get em too..  
super.gif

Shinko 4 cheap no tax and great service!

Patch it from the inside. Learn how to mount your own tires.

Save a lot money.
beerchug.gif

04.jpg

X out when your done or go into tires they have good prices on most but rock on the shinko's. If you don't live in a state that these have to charge tax http://www.ridenowonline.com can do as well or a bit better but have taken too long to get em too me in the past! IMO
super.gif

all_coholic.gif

(mattyss @ Dec. 26 2006,22:00) I got my last set from cycle gear in florida they seemed to be the cheapest someone else from this board posted about them as being very fair thats also why i went with them.
Nice freakin bike Dude
super.gif
and the fastest color too
all_coholic.gif

AOL.com Images Not Available

(8Daytona8 @ Dec. 26 2006,19:02)
(TALYN @ Dec. 26 2006,21:51) Where is the best place to get a Shinko, best price?
190x55zrx17 009 Raven, to your door $98.00 with no tax from these and they are on the ball! No BS the best all around. Tire is rated to 168 M P Hr so keep it under that. Its the Korean Rating sys. Here ya go! And if we ask for a bit back for this site to Cap i'm sure we could get em too..  
super.gif

Shinko 4 cheap no tax and great service!
There is no 190/55 in the link you provided
wink.gif

180/55 and 190/50 yes.

Not flaming, but with a screename of dadofthree, you should not be running high speeds(100+mph) on plugged tires. Especially for any length of time. A z-rated tire is no longer z-rated once it is plugged or patched.

(Charlesbusa @ Dec. 26 2006,21:30) Not flaming, but with a screename of dadofthree, you should not be running high speeds(100+mph) on plugged tires. Especially for any length of time. A z-rated tire is no longer z-rated once it is plugged or patched.
Amen, well said..

Back