Got that rear shoe on :)

dadofthree

Seasoned Beef
Donating Member
Registered
Finally got everything in and installed. Rear Tire Avon Storm AV56, Harbor Freight Tire Stand and M/C Tire Changer. Assembled and anchored tire changer; then had some fun with my first tire on the Gen II.

Anyone have any experiences with changing the rear tire on a Gen II. Little more tricky than the Gen I.

DSC01339 (Medium).JPG

DSC01338 (Medium).JPG

Why is it trickier? Just curious... IME, the top retaining crown doesn't help as much as leaving the tire out in the sun to heat up and pushing it on or pulling it off by hand (with spoons to come off, but can completely go on by hand with some bead seal...)

I think he was referring to actually getting the wheel off the bike. It was a pain in the arse when I did my 08 at the bash....

Why is it trickier? Just curious... IME, the top retaining crown doesn't help as much as leaving the tire out in the sun to heat up and pushing it on or pulling it off by hand (with spoons to come off, but can completely go on by hand with some bead seal...)

It's the rear brake caliper, kinda a balancing act between the chain and the caliper. Probably an easier way....

I think he was referring to actually getting the wheel off the bike. It was a pain in the arse when I did my 08 at the bash....

It came off easy, but when I put it back together I didn't realize the caliper had a slot on the swingarm :duh: Had to pull it back apart and put it together a second time.

You guys are pulling info from me, I was looking for someone to tell me how they did it better, kinda lessons learned :whistle:

Brother all the '06 tire changes were done with spoons , a 14" steel wheel, and a towel. It just got old. I invested $127 to the door.

Back