5700 miles on the rear tire!

billbell

Jap is where it's at!
Donating Member
Registered
I just put a new tire on the rear. A Dunlop 208. Got home Friday from work and noticed cord showing through. A little over 5700 on it. I now have over 400 on the new one. Seems like a good tire though. I must not ride hard enough to get that many miles out of one tire. LOL. I should be good through next spring now.

My last tire I got less than 150 miles out of it, it was also a Dunlop 208. I guess It don't really count since I drag race although some of those miles were on the street.
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|Blue Streak
Reason for Edit: None given...|1094701838 -->

I'll be lucky to get more than 3,000 out of mine, I ride it hard in the canyons.
biggrin.gif

got 2700 out of my last 208 zr

probably would have gotten a little over three without those two trips to the dragstrip.

holy CRAP bill.... you ride everyday or what???

you passed me?? I only have 5300 or so on my baby now...
wow.gif
go drag racing... you'll loose a few thousand of those miles doing burnouts.
laugh.gif

3K to 5k is about average...not dragracing...or burnout's..save smokies till you have a new tire ready to go on...Anyway 3 to 5K is what i get...6-7 on the front.
And yes ,like the other guy said 150 miles it's toast...WooHoo it's all up to you.

Is that the stock tire? Sound slike it might be a GP tire. I have 7800 or so on my stock rear, and there is about 2000 left on it. No burnouts, few wheelies, but it looks almost like a gp tire on the side with the heat feathering (to the edge I must add, to satisfy my ego).

fstbusa....I ride almost everyday to work which is around 90 roundtrip. I have put almost 700 on the new tire already this week. Sitting at a little over 6400 miles. epicrisis....that was the stock Bridgestone tire.

Hi,
  I just joined up.  I've been riding on the street for over 20 years, and I've never had so much fun since I bought my 99 busa.  No other bike even interests me any more.
  I'm averaging 4000km on stock bridgestone tires.  I'm just about to replace my third rear this summer.  Once a month.  Plus a front tire about a month ago.  Replacement stock tires don't seem to last as long as original, from the factory stock tires.  Has anyone put a 200 rear on?  If so, were there any handling issues.
                                                           thanks

I have just over 6,000 miles on the OE tires and the rear looks like it has another 2,000 left in it. But I'm not an agressive rider.

Ed

I have a new 2004 Purple /Black Busa.....I weigh in at 250 pounds and am 6'7" and figured I wouldn't get great miles on a tire.  I've had the bike since July and have about 3700 miles on it and it looks like I'll get at least that again.....I'm not overly agressive and have just started lifting the front end...
race.gif

Well, I've got 7000 on my stock rear, and no signs of really NEEDING to make it in to a swing for the kids just yet...

Hubby burns the tire up some, but seriously, what are you guys doing to those rears to replace 'em so much? Or, better yet, what am I not doing?!
blush.gif

same here. I didn't change my rear until my my 7500 mile service. I suspected I could've gotten another 1000 miles out of it.

I have never had my front wheel off the ground yet and no burnouts but I still had cord showing at 5700. I have put almost 1000 miles on the new one in the last 2 weeks and seems like a good tire. I am guessing this tire won't last as long as the first though.:D

4000 miles on it, but at the wear indicator ( cant remember whats the proper name for it.) going to change it to diablos. the oem bridgestones seem alittle hard for my liking.

I got 8,500 out of my last BT020, and it had more top speed runs than I could even begin to count.
wow.gif
Mind you that the rough & blistering hot Florida asphalt loves to prematurely eat tires up.

<!--EDIT|Ride_or_Fish
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095642000 -->

I had so many cords showing on my rear tire, that I had to take the wheel off to have it swapped. Didn't want to risk a blowout. Only got 4700 out of the stock.
I think I like crankin' that throttle too much!!!
wow.gif
biggrin.gif

Next...................
cool.gif

Back