New Tires

Jpk5555

Registered
My rear tire is in need of repair and before shelling out for a new one I was just wondering who has found a tire they liked and lasted a long time. I am looking for a hard tire to get the most mileage out of but still have good traction. Any suggestion??

:-) I'm looking as well. I've just talk to a guy who os raving about the BT-014's.

Anyone got .02 on them?

If they are not "all that", I'll try the Pilot HPX...

firedevil.gif

I like the bt-010 I'm getting 5000 miles out of the rear. I'm on my second set after wearing out the 56's.

I heard the BT56SS get 10000 miles but can't seem to find them anymore. Anyone else here the same?

I've heard the BT14 are basically the same compound as the BT56. They have almost twice the tread depth, which should equate to a longer life.

That's all I know about em.

I think I'll give'm a try. The shop I checked out the other day has em for $140 ish. He runs the same price for the BT20's also.

Jay

What about the avon av46st anybody have any experience with them .. heard they stick well and last a long time.?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?

rock.gif

Just depends on what style riding you do most...I just laid out the cash and put Pirelli diablo corsa's on...love em'. But, I ride 90% twisties. Not worth the $ if you are not into the twisties. Plus, the corsa's are not my favorite looking tire, kind of skinny and funny looking. For show, the Dunlop 208's look great, although I don't know much about the performance. When my oem bridgestone 56's wore down, they got real scary in the turns but were great for burn outs....when warm, the corsas stick like glue, spin way less makes it feel like there is more power on tap. This is the first time I have been able to loft the front out of a turn and feel in total control. I'll bet they won't last the summer...gotta pay to play!!

When the original equipment Bridgestone picked up a screw I replaced both front and rear with Dunlop 208's. Cost me $215 plus installation. They now have over 3,000 miles on them and look almost new, but consider that I don't ride the Busa hard. I did take the bike to the track and had it leaning so far in the hairpin that I scraped the toe of my boot on the asphalt, but never felt for a minute that I anything less than full traction. So considering my confidence level, apparent durability, and low price, the Dunlop's are winners as far as I'm concerned.

broke down and bought a set of bt 014's will let all know what i think after some miles on them..
smile.gif

BT O14 ARE GREAT .....STICK WELL AND FEEL GOOD ON THE BIKE... www.chaparralmotorsports.com has them for $237 tyd
price in sport rider magazine..

<!--EDIT|BLU88
Reason for Edit: "add update"|1090356173 -->

Back