.45ACP Ammo

Well, Wag, at least someone thinks like I do.

You've got an excellent signature line. Most people don't realize that Einstein had a great sense of humor. He had a lot insight into human behavior too.

I dunno what everyone else has posted up, but avoid anything exotic, unique or having a small peni enhancing name. I.E. "extreme" anything, or "Maximum" whatever. :thumbsup:

For concealed carry find out what your local LEOs carry in their sidearms and follow suit. For practice find some FMJ surplus in the same bullet weight as your carry ammo. Shoot the hell outta the surplus, save the high dollar stuff for real work.

Bears though? FMJ will likely be your best bet, most .45 ACP is going to lack the necessary penetration to really stop a bear, but then again there is a reason we have rifles.

If I'm gonna drop a bear, it's not gonna be with my Glock. I would rather use my .375 H+H Magnum by Ruger :beerchug:

43L.jpg

You have to get very ,very close to the bear to kill him with a 45. Now really... is that a good idea?

My friend did a 15,000 miler from Ohio to Fairbanks , Alaska and due to CCW restrictions carried a bic lighter and a can of some type of hair spray which he felt he could ignite into a flamethrower to ward off the bears. Now I personally think the Grizzley would grab both of off him and cook him with that stuff but my buddy is a 2 tour Nam Marine and I think I'd bet on him. BTW he did come back 45 days later with about 15,000 miles on his bike. What a summer that guy had!

If I'm gonna drop a bear, it's not gonna be with my Glock. I would rather use my .375 H+H Magnum by Ruger :beerchug:

Oh go all the way--a .460 Weatherby retina detaching magnum!

Anyone know anything about a .338 Lambda cartridge? Barrett is making his rifles in it, but it is probably available in other brands. Have you guys seen Barrett's .416, necked down,.50 BMG (Browning Machine Gun). It is pin point accurate out to 1700 yards, and it goes subsonic a lot further down range.
Because of the high velocity, there is less time for wind to affect the bullet.

The Military channel rules!

You have to get very ,very close to the bear to kill him with a 45. Now really... is that a good idea?

My friend did a 15,000 miler from Ohio to Fairbanks , Alaska and due to CCW restrictions carried a bic lighter and a can of some type of hair spray which he felt he could ignite into a flamethrower to ward off the bears. Now I personally think the Grizzley would grab both of off him and cook him with that stuff but my buddy is a 2 tour Nam Marine and I think I'd bet on him. BTW he did come back 45 days later with about 15,000 miles on his bike. What a summer that guy had!

I used to burn down wasp nests that way. It burns off their wings and they drop like little rocks. They can still sting though, so don't do it bare foot. Unless the bear just got freaked out, which could happen, I would bet on the bear winning. In that case, they would find your friend, the can, and the lighter in bear ****. :rofl:

Back