400hp, 3” stretch, stock ride height and no wheelies.

:( oh well....what about the megasquirt,that has boost by gear...and traction control...how does it compare to ams-2000 ....I can get the ms3x for $650....and sell my microsquirt,to make up some money

Last edited:
:( oh well....what about the megasquirt,that has boost by gear...and traction control...how does it compare to ams-2000 ....I can get the ms3x for $650....and sell my microsquirt,to make up some money
are u going to tune this ureself? I think ure greatly underestimating how hard it is to tune a turbo bike....

Noh ali123...Dustin moody built themail tune...my setup will Ned help....and will help me fine tune it.....I'll still tune some myself,li,every boost controller....but he can help me with it too

I can’t comment in boost by gear on the ms3.

What I can say is the problem with boost by gear on the ams1k is that the bikes small charging system doesn’t keep the voltage steady enough for the ams to determine gear position.

If you spent the money for a 2k, I wouldn’t even bother with boost by gear. The boost by mph shits all over it. This video being proof.

I can’t comment in boost by gear on the ms3.

What I can say is the problem with boost by gear on the ams1k is that the bikes small charging system doesn’t keep the voltage steady enough for the ams to determine gear position.

If you spent the money for a 2k, I wouldn’t even bother with boost by gear. The boost by mph shits all over it. This video being proof.

Rob, you are correct on that issue with the AMS1000, it is best used in either shift or time mode to be accurate. I disagree with you on the AMS2000, however, in regard to setting it up with boost by gear. It happens to work better than anything out there in that mode, and works very well. It never loses the voltage signal like the earlier box, different programming entirely. That's okay though, different builders sometimes choose different paths. It would be no fun if everybody agreed on every thing!:lol:

I'm currently using the AMS2K and have it set up for boost by gear on my pro street setup. Works excellent. Though I am toying with time based this upcoming weekend.

On a variation of this topic I notice a lot of love for E 85 which I assume is an Ethonal based fuel providing 85 octane. Have I got that right ? and it seems preferred for max power over 91/94 octane pure gas. Could someone please enlighten me. Does it work the same way on a bone stock Gen two or is this just for hot rods
thanks
JP

E85 is good stuff. However I don’t suggest running pump e85 on the bikes without a standalone ecu with a flex fuel sensor.

E85 is mixed on site at the gas station. So ethanol content varies significantly from station to station. Around Houston I usually see anywhere from 63-75% ethanol. Every once and awhile I’ll get 85-90% from the same station by my house.

I haven’t tried tuning a bone stock Busa on e85, but I feel the gains might be mute. On a high compression 1403 all motor Busa I did we picked up 18whp going from vp110 to vp c85. It’s a track bike only.

The ethanol content isn’t consistent enough from gas pumps like boosted says. If you don’t have system for flex fuel. Attracts moisture. Has some good advantages in drag racing. Your going to drain fuel anyway and keeps motor cooler for the power adders

Noh ali123...Dustin moody built themail tune...my setup will Ned help....and will help me fine tune it.....I'll still tune some myself,li,every boost controller....but he can help me with it too
last pic i saw of that bike it was together.... and u said u were gonna start a thread.....
1536422379519.png

Back