Ams-500 & Ams-1000

Shaft

Registered
Hey all,

I'm taking delivery of Rod's mullet soon and was wondering on a boost controller.

I will not be racing this bike, primarily highway and long rides.

I will be building the motor more in the future.

Afterwards I will be cranking up the boost. For my purpose what boost controller would do the job? The bike already has a wideband O2, digital boost gauge and a microtech data logger.

thanks all.

I wud take a look at the Leash Boost Controller. It has no issues in gear mode and that is wat u will be using is gear mode.

The leash looks promising. How would one get this to work with an air shifter? I believe I seen a harness for an air shifter.

are u running the BC thru manifold or C02? I wud suggest Co2 its far more consistent and will spool up faster and if u ever plan on pushing it past 30 psi manifold pressure won't cut it. but C02 requires you to have CO2 bottle, adjustable regulator, fittings and hoses and they will break ur balls lol but u cud run both ur BC and ur air shifter off it. I wud suggest u get the Carolina regulators.

give Frank a call at Powerhouse he can set u up with everything u need and explain ur options better then I can. he's real easy to talk to and will never rush u off the phone and always picks up his phone unless he's in the dyno room and can't hear it ring. he's full time and does this for a living!

the air shifter is separate from the BC but unless ur using a kill box from cycle tech which he no longer sells ur gonna set off ur F1 light each time u shift not sure if ur aware of that its kinda of annoying but doesn't hurt anything u cud always just put a small round piece of tape over it lol like I did for a while. u cud probably put a WTB add on Psychobike and someone mite have one for sale used.

good move a lot of ppl use it these days for both bikes and cars. buddy has it on his Grand National and it works perfectly.

When I was mimicking Rob's BOP daily driver, he said he went through all of those things and just ended up with the spring in the end. If you aren't going to the track...

When I was mimicking Rob's BOP daily driver, he said he went through all of those things and just ended up with the spring in the end. If you aren't going to the track...
Reason why is I want my boost to be dynamic. I want more control than just a spring in the wastegate.

Reason why is I want my boost to be dynamic. I want more control than just a spring in the wastegate.
Im running a Turbosmart EBoost2 for that exact reason. You can have four individual boost groups and pair any gears together that you wish. I have first at 4psi, second at 8, third 12 and 4,5,6 paired at 18psi. Needless to say 4th is a hoot on swb. You can also control the gate pressure which will aid in spool time to some degree. They are reasonably priced too.

Im running a Turbosmart EBoost2 for that exact reason. You can have four individual boost groups and pair any gears together that you wish. I have first at 4psi, second at 8, third 12 and 4,5,6 paired at 18psi. Needless to say 4th is a hoot on swb. You can also control the gate pressure which will aid in spool time to some degree. They are reasonably priced too.

Very cool, where do you have this mounted? snap some pics? how is it in the open elements?

Very cool, where do you have this mounted? snap some pics? how is it in the open elements?
This is how i have it mounted, the green LED is not part of it, its an indicator light for intercooler pump. Some careful placement of silicon helps with water but i dont ever plan on going out in the wet.

image.jpeg

This is how i have it mounted, the green LED is not part of it, its an indicator light for intercooler pump. Some careful placement of silicon helps with water but i dont ever plan on going out in the wet.
Thanks for this. I'm not riding in the wet either, but I am worried about condensation. How long have you had it?

Back