2011 busa issues only 2 months old and 300 miles

slowmoving1

Registered
This is my 3rd busa. never a single issue with 1st 2 bikes both gen1.
bought 7-1-11 new gen2
at 100 miles give or take the steering stem nut fell off in drive way at idle. vibrated loose I guess :banghead: . I bolted back down to 65lbs
I now have a tick at idle, it comes and goes :banghead:
driving down the road yesterday a bolt hit me in arm. :banghead: The bolt was the one on the right side close to where the mirror attaches by cowl.
Sound like one of front pads is always rubbing until i use the front brakes the first time. then goes away.

The dealer is coming to get it tomm.
anyone had issues like this on there gen2
Thanks

Sorry to hear about the issues with your bike, hope it all gets sorted out soon. I am on my 2nd Gen II: ZERO issues.

Never heard of anything like that with any Busa at all. Sounds like a major failure in quality control. Have you talked with Suzuki directly?

I am on my 2nd Gen II: ZERO issues.

Same here... Did the clutch bolt job on the 08 and the rectifier replacement on the 09, but have never had any surprise issues on either of my Busas.

Zero issues on my 09 (knock on wood). Sounds like the tech that uncrated it didnt do a good once over.

This is my 3rd busa. never a single issue with 1st 2 bikes both gen1.
bought 7-1-11 new gen2
at 100 miles give or take the steering stem nut fell off in drive way at idle. vibrated loose I guess :banghead: . I bolted back down to 65lbs
I now have a tick at idle, it comes and goes :banghead:
driving down the road yesterday a bolt hit me in arm. :banghead: The bolt was the one on the right side close to where the mirror attaches by cowl.
Sound like one of front pads is always rubbing until i use the front brakes the first time. then goes away.

The dealer is coming to get it tomm.
anyone had issues like this on there gen2
Thanks

That's really weird because I am having the same two issues. I'm at 174 miles on my 2011, and that tick reminds me of my old R1. When the R1's get really warm they tick at idle, so I didn't really think much about the busa. Also when I move the bike around in the garage, I can hear the front pad rubbing. I put on the front brake and release, the sound is gone. I'm thinking of talking with the dealer about this as well.

I have a 2011 and I also have a ticking sound. Noe of the other issues. Does anybody know what the ticking sound is. I usually don't hear because of the helmet but I once sat on the bike without the helmet and I heard the ticking.. What is it?

Ticking noise? Heck compared to my 08 Buell 1125R, my 2011 Busa is so quiet that I can barley tell it is running when it is! Hopefully your dealer gets your bike straightened out for you!

I have an 08 with the same tic and pad rub. The loose bolts is crazy though. I wonder if the guy building it was watching the game or something lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

If you search this forum you will find the tick is a common problem on all gen 2 Busas. Happens when cold then either goes away or is too quiet to hear. My K9 does it also and I have almost 11000 miles on her. Goes away after she warms up a bit and a short rev on the throttle. Pads on the front make noise is another common prob. One person posted if you loosen the caliper bolts then hold in on the front brake, then tighten the bolts it will help but not make it go away entirely. The loose bolts are inexcusable and I would have the dealer go over the entire bike. Then I would do it myself!

Sounds like your dealer really su ks !

I would check every thing myself and never let the dealer touch the bike ever again!

I got my bike about the same time this year, and now have ~1500 miles with no problems so far.
I hope you get your issues fixed.

I have a 2011. Mine ticks, and the front pads rub. I'm not worried about it.
I have an 08 with 17 K on it and have had these issues from day one. No trouble from either one so far. Af far as the other things you had happen it sounds like someone at the dealer forgot to check the bike over. JMO

I'm with you guys, I will let them look it over and recheck there work.
I also call Suzuki and I think the guy on the phone was careful on what he said because he felt I would sue them I guess over the bolt hitting me at 75 mph.

K11 Busa 800 miles, ticking noise when cold, I back it out of the Garage move it through the trellis gates and the noise has gone, my previous two Gen 1 Busa's never had this ticking noise.

No other issues :please:

It was delivered from the Dealer with two miles on the clock, that's the last time it will ever see a Dealer again, I gave it a first service at 616 miles, I will not worry about the ticking noise, seeing it as a Gen 2 idiosyncrasy :laugh:

Sorry to hear about your Gen 2 loose fastener problems, hope its all sorted for you soon.

Best regards Stretch :beerchug:

08 with 41,000 miles and the tick is just part of her DNA. The same goes for the stock rotor and pads. As for the loose bolts, that's another issue. I would definitely give it a once over after it leaves the dealer.

Back