6 months old and 11k miles

busa_bill

Life - tastes like chicken!
Donating Member
Registered
Fabulous machine. Seems like it will go forever. I'll be in the 50k club before you know it. Just a DB windscreen, home made 3/4" drop pegs and a set of the riser bars. Do all the maintanance myself.

Left the house at 34 degrees outside this morning. Had never rode below 40, and had fog problems with my Scorpion fog resistant visor. It was still dark, and lost vision going around a sweeping curve at about 55. Bike went off the side of the road and into the gravel/grass shoulder. The handlebar kicked hard right and I thought I was going down. Kept the bike up, but it didn't respond well to steering. I couldn't see crap!!! Got it slowed down and found my way back on the road. Disaster avoided!!!!!
Made the next 40 miles to work okay. Going to try the dishwashing liquid trick ASAP

I was coming home and going through some twisties. Came out of a medium tight enbanked turn and passed two slower cars. Never saw the Constable sitting on the side street. A mile later it looked like Christmas in my side mirror. Bill was facing his 1st ticket on the Busa.
Cop: Drivers license please
Me: yes sir
Cop: Do you need me to tell you why I pulled you over?
Me: do you need my insurance card?
Cop: Do you need me to tell you why I pulled you over?
Me: (pause) - probably not
Cop: I saw you come out of that corner and pass those two cars going at least 70. That was assinine!
Me: (thinking to myself) - had to be more like 85. Obviously he didn't have a chance to radar me.
Cop: Do you drive this road everyday
Me: yes sir

Anyway, he let's me go without even issuing a warning ticket saying he better never see me do that again. The only few twisties I see everyday are now off limits because he knows what time I come down the road and he's going to be waiting for me.

My day suked. How was yours?

crazy.gif

At least you didnt go down, and you didnt get a ticket. You had a very lucky day. Glad it did work out for you.

did about 100 miles today on the back roads...no tickets, no wrecks, it's all good...glad you got out of your near misses without any disasters
beerchug.gif
stay safe and away from the LEO's!!!

(Charlesbusa @ Nov. 17 2006,17:18) No crash and no ticket, sounds like a good day to me!
wink.gif
my only daily twisties are now the property of the state
mad.gif

I would have rather taken the ticket if I could have my road back

(Charlesbusa @ Nov. 17 2006,17:18) No crash and no ticket, sounds like a good day to me!  
wink.gif
SOUNDS LIKE A WONDERFUL DAY TO ME! No accident and no ticket.

U think U had a rough day....read about Pandem1c. Maybe that will make U feel better.

(busa_bill @ Nov. 17 2006,20:23)
wink.gif
my only daily twisties are now the property of the state  
mad.gif

I would have rather taken the ticket if I could have my road back
dude look at the bright side, he saved you from the car coming in the other direction in your lane tomorrow.

im with everyone else on this one. Ive been pulled over and given a warning also, id take that over that 100$+ ticket any day.

you need to come with us on a ride up the hardy toll road. i accidently passed a H. leo the other night doing 160. he was sitting still on the side of the road with no lights. by the time i saw him all i could do was be like
SHOCKED.gif
and peg the throttle. needless to say, he didnt have a chance
firedevil.gif

I would say you are pretty lucky to get away with no ticket and no wreck. It seems some of you do not like cops too much, that's too bad. I'm sure there are plenty of jerks out there, but most are good people, trying to make a living just like everybody else. They are out there to keep people safe and honest! The same guy that stops you doing 100mph on your Busa also probably stopped and arrested the drunk that would have ran you over when he blew a stop sign and you didn't have time to slow that rocket ship down. I like to get on the throttle as much if not more than the next guy, but I know if I break the law and get caught then it's all on me and nobody else. Otherwise there are always track days........Thanks for letting me vent
rant.gif

I know it seems like a bad day. But... on the bright side you didn't crash. And, any time you get stopped by a cop and don't get a ticket its definately a great day. Any how, glad you're OK after the morning scare, and I'm glad you didn't get a ticket. I've definately had my share of tickets and they aren't cheap.

Glad you came out unscathed in either incident.

Not many days you could come home and type that up with no out of pocket costs.
super.gif

Warm up those tires good on the cold days too.

Sounds like a good day to me. Keep a eye out for him for a few weeks, if you don't see him around go back to your old habits.
race.gif

Back