Report your GEN II Busa Issues here.

Mmmm, so I got a 2013 Busa with ABS. The only nuisance I found was with the standard screen being too low for travelling distance at speed. So fixed it with a double bubble type of screen, wind blast now goes up and over :thumbsup:

The damn thing just eats tyres though, but most of you would be familiar with that attribute...:laugh:

Mmmm, so I got a 2013 Busa with ABS. The only nuisance I found was with the standard screen being too low for travelling distance at speed. So fixed it with a double bubble type of screen, wind blast now goes up and over :thumbsup:

The damn thing just eats tyres though, but most of you would be familiar with that attribute...:laugh:
Planning to put bigger tire?

Not at all, I'm on the third set of tyres now. Michelin Pilot Road 4, standard size 120/70 front and 190/50 rear. I ride on the road and I'm not setting any records, so Mr Suzukis choice of tyre sizes is fine by me. Must say the Busa likes the PR4s though, nice and neutral handling, yet still very maneuverable.

I want 200/60 rear tire

Each to their own I suppose... I like to ride my Busa, hard, long and often. All road work mind you, not into drag strip or track days myself. The standard 190/50 does fine for me, but if I was gonna go non-standard I'd only try 190/55 myself.

But hey, if you're gonna try a 200/60 please report back on the changes in handling and wear huh?

Each to their own I suppose... I like to ride my Busa, hard, long and often. All road work mind you, not into drag strip or track days myself. The standard 190/50 does fine for me, but if I was gonna go non-standard I'd only try 190/55 myself.

But hey, if you're gonna try a 200/60 please report back on the changes in handling and wear huh?
Yeap.for sure. All i need to make few burnouts :-)

I'm at 1650 miles now, I went through through the center of the stock tire in about 1200-1250 miles. I decided to put a 200 size shinko hookup on it. The Shinko is a super sticky tire that fixed my traction problem in a straight line but definitely took away from the cornering. The Shinko only lasted 200 miles and I replaced it with a 190 Michelin Pilot Power which seems to be wearing good and still seems sticky in the middle and on the sides as well.

What pressure are you guys running who go through tires so quickly? My OEM had nearly 2000 miles and looked very good however, I ended up picking up a screw so, I replaced it with a Q3. I have nearly 1000 miles on the Q3 and it looks good, probably about 70% left. Just an FYI - on the street if you run low pressure you will run through tires very quickly. I've been running the OEM pressures 42psi front/back and I can run a decent pace in the turns and no issues in a straight line. Past weekend my friend was following me in his Viper and I put my knee down the whole way through a turn and spun it up on exit since I was in 2nd gear just to give him a little bit of a show and the bike handled just fine. Of course, I'm in the N. VA area and I ride up in PA as well so, the types of roads could affect tire longevity.

So far, no issues with my bike besides picking up a screw with the OEM Bridgestone which was the first time I've had an issue like that in 10 years of riding.

Appx. 38-40#. The battlax was pretty hard and when I extended my bike it just made it super easy to spin. I've got single black streaks everywhere from it :-). The Shinko was just the total opposite, it's super soft and don't even need to spin it to wear it out :-( not a good everyday tire IMO but makes a great drag tire!

Only because Suzuki doesn't make tires and doesn't want a lawsuit. The tire manufacturers say 42 is the "max", as in, the limit.
42 psi is way too much, even hot.

I put mine up to 42cold and ive noticed quite bit of difference (not for the better to me) so i'll go try 36f 38r and go from there. I ran these pressures on my SV1000 and GSX1400 and worked for me.
Cantab

No point playing with tyre pressures if your not adjusting the suspension at the same time....they work as a team.
Suzuki didn't just pick 2.9bar out of the sky as the recommended tyre pressure....that combined with the stock suspension in there opinion suits the bike.
They may well be completely wrong but altering one will effect the others.

No idea why some think 2.9 is the max pressure for a tyre....i've loads around the garage and not one has any mention of a pressure limit that low and the pressures are approved by ALL manufacturers if the tyre is rated for the bike...if you have a tyre saying 42 is its max then its not meant to be on a Busa.
Bridgestone state that the limit is 57psi...just under 4 bar
http://www.bridgestone.com/products/motorcycle_tires/products/note/index.html

I've got a wrecked 08 busa gen 2 that I can't get to start I don't have gauge cluster.have kicktand and clutch sensor hooked up and tip over sensor is good any other roadblocks to why the fuel pump won't get any power

I'll start it off by saying I love the new ride and really enjoy riding this thing. Now for the bad news my FI light keeps coming on when I throttle quickly to at least 6k rpm. The bike is bone stock and has less than 200 miles on it now (growing everyday). Anyone else experiencing this or something unique to their ride? Post them up here...

1. FI light keeps coming on
2. false neutral/shifting probs (hard to get into gear from neutral)
3. Poor tire/tyre choice from the factory
4. fit up of fairing assemblies and removal!
5. Speedo issues
6. Faulty battery
7. bad headlight bulbs
8. Clutch hub and lines
9. Steering lock won't release
10 Ticking noise from engine
11. Hot starts difficult
12 Bike will not shift from 5th to 6th without going to neutral.
13 Clutch Spring Bolts make contact with engine case after break- in..... GRINDING NOISE CAN BE HEARD!

I go the burn too but only once and I traced that to slightly wet jeans that passed the heat real quick to my thigh (it was sweat, the busa didn't scare the piss out of me - that's my story, sticking to it!). But it never happened again so I ignored it.

I know some guys who ride in shorts (stupid idiots!) and they got some CF frame covers that work great.
There it is!!!!!!!! Spent an hour looking for my first post. It has a misspelled word in it so I'm sure it's me. Was kind of fun clicking back through the years without @RedBull tricking me!

Back