2010 Hayabusa

Dan Varner

Registered
What's the news on the 2010 Suzuki Hayabusa?

I purchased a Zx9 Oct of '08 for my starter bike to move up to a Busa.
I have saved over $7,000 in the last 6 months. I figured I would put down about about $3,000 and then Corbin seat and slip-ons and maybe a windshield and then some nice matching apparrel. I purchased a new Shoei RF1100 red Firestrike that will arrive on Tuesday because I was told there was a strong chance the American Busa color scheme would be the same as the Canadian color scheme. Now I have been told a letter has been written to USA dealerships from SUZUKI claiming that they are leaning in the direction of not having a 2010 motorcyle line. I really wanted to purchase a new bike. Anybody with a word of hope or any news at all would greatly be apreciated. Thanks Dan (future Busa owner)

P.S. I live in San Diego, CA and the requirements for bringing a bike into the state spook me.

Last edited:
Hi, Dan; :welcome: to the .oRg.

If you're interested, I can help you find a place in SD to get that 'busa and hook you into their mainline for everything else you need...parts, service, gear; you name it, I'll introduce you to the people who have it, can get it, and will be interested in your 'experience' throughout.

Just let me know if you're interested, and I'll be glad to meet you at a pre-determined location and we can take it from there.

Lots of good peeps in SD and the surrounding SoCal area. We ride a lot, and if you're interested in our 'style' of riding, well, you'll be welcomed warmly.

Standing by...

Again, welcome. :beerchug:

:welcome: to the org. And SCAR is definately the man you want to align yourself with:bowdown:

Hey, cool! Thanks!

I came back to this thread let Dan know that it's excellent advice to buy an '09...or wait 'til '11.

:welcome: to the board.
Yes, as another fall out from the '09 fiasco, Suzuki has decided there are too many current models still on the showroom floors to bring in anything for '10.
2010 Hayabusas can be had, you just got to go to Canada to get one. Bummer for me too, I really would have liked to had a look at the '10 2-tone Blue.

Wow, I get so excited about talkking to guys that actually own Busa's and are willing to take the time to talk. You guys already have experienced all the thoughts that go through your mind that you want to do to the bike or other related stuff ie. Ipod hook up, XM radio, cell phone hook, Tank bags for long trips. power commander or no power commander, exhaust, chrome.......... all sorts of stuff

They aren't giving the MSRPs on the web site, but I think bikes in general cost a little more in Canada. Then you got to go through the red tape to get it into, registered, and licensed in the US. Probably a quite involved proceedure.
Canada 'Zuk site.. Suzuki Cycles - Product Lines - Cycles

You'd probably find it easier and more efficient and WAY less work to buy a Cali-equipped bike and just replace the plastics.

Just thinkin'...

Just spent 9 min. listening to your part I . Scar it does sound like we should meet. I spent every 3rd thought in my head on a Busa for the last 6 months. Can't wait to chat more.

Just spent 9 min. listening to your part I . Scar it does sound like we should meet. I spent every 3rd thought in my head on a Busa for the last 6 months. Can't wait to chat more.

Maybe you will come to the Stampede...:whistle:

- 2010 Busa Stampede Teaser (AUG10)[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you will come to the Stampede...:whistle:

- 2010 Busa Stampede Teaser (AUG10)[/url]

man scar... :bowdown: ... :thumbsup: ... :beerchug:

u got me think'in 'bout the possibilities of me shipping oren out there and fly'in in for that stampede teaser.

i wonder how much i'd cost and the "logistics of security"...i.e. who/where to ship it too and she don't get stolen...and and..who'll pick me up from the airport and where do i stay?...and...and...shid...maybe i'll just ride out! :laugh:

prolly won't happen but the vid is great and i'd love to get oren into those mountains.:thumbsup:

L8R, Bill. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
man scar... :bowdown: ... :thumbsup: ... :beerchug:

u got me think'in 'bout the possibilities of me shipping oren out there and fly'in in for that stampede teaser.

i wonder how much i'd cost and the "logistics of security"...i.e. who/where to ship it too and she don't get stolen...and and..who'll pick me up from the airport and where do i stay?...and...and...shid...maybe i'll just ride out! :laugh:

prolly won't happen but the vid is great and i'd love to get oren into those mountains.:thumbsup:

Bill: To avoid a shameless thread-jack...I'll PM you some details which were un-earthed last year as people were planning to make their way to Reno. But briefly, there are people already onboard to come (again)...from the East Coast, and all points west from there...Just sayin'. Give me a couple of minutes and I'll get you some deets.

Last edited:
I'm just thinkin, why not take advantage and buy a brand spankin new 08 or 09 for one heck of a price? Same bike, more $$ for mods....

I waited to see if the Honda XX would come back to the states and of course that never happened. Now it's completely gone.

Get a new '09 while you still can. You may not get another chance to buy new.

Any of these Gen2's are the real deal, I doubt that 2010 model if it ever does show up will offer any mechanical improvements that could merit delay. Buying up the 08's & 09's and helping the mighty Zook in their time of need is a good thing :thumbsup:

Wasn't there a thread in the gen2 section say Hawaii had some 2010's? If you really have your heart set on a 2010,maybe that is your route to go?

Any of these Gen2's are the real deal, I doubt that 2010 model if it ever does show up will offer any mechanical improvements that could merit delay. Buying up the 08's & 09's and helping the mighty Zook in their time of need is a good thing :thumbsup:

amen...and maybe after these dice stop roll'in?...and co.'s like honda keep pump'in out shid like their DN01 $16K dollar, 680cc, "starter bike"? ??? but busa and gixxers keep fly'in off the floor?...a new winner may come out on top. :whistle:

:welcome: to the board.
Yes, as another fall out from the '09 fiasco, Suzuki has decided there are too many current models still on the showroom floors to bring in anything for '10.
2010 Hayabusas can be had, you just got to go to Canada to get one. Bummer for me too, I really would have liked to had a look at the '10 2-tone Blue.

Well ya know...every other mfg has 2010 models in the U.S. ???

wonder where the difference comes in...

If I were in the market...yeah the blue 2010 is smokin' :thumbsup:

Give it a few months, I bet Suzuki will bring 2010's to the USA. My guess is late March or early April when they start shipping stateside. If Hawaii and Canada already have them, it's only a matter of time before they decide to release them for shipment here....

Back