2010 Hayabusa's

Devientartist

Registered
So I went into a local dealership this evening on my way home to get a feel for things and just poke around. There were no customers around so I ended up chatting with the sales manager for a while. He told me that Suzuki will not be shipping any new 2010 busa's until at least October, in fact he said that NO 2010 Suzuki street bikes (i.e. cruisers, sport touring, Gixxers) are being shipped until then. The only official 2010 bikes are the off road series bikes and ATV's.

He said the rumor is that Suzuki won't release any "2010" bikes but rather just wait until October and badge them all as 2011's therefor skipping an entire year. I know there has been a few threads with pics of the new colors and i've read a few rumors around .org but thought I would share what I was told. :whistle:

Well, that's kind of you to consider us.

Indeed we shall see how things pan out, eh?

Hopefully, they'll find it still profitable to continue being 'here' for us.

:beerchug:

I have seen dealers hold out to sell old inventory...I don't think Suzuki will skip a year. The guy is blowing smoke up your arse...:whistle:

They only had 1 Busa at the SC motorcycle show this past weekend. The reps had no info and seemed to not want to talk about it.

It possible that this economy is causing dealers to have an overstock. Maybe they are skipping a year so that people will buy the old inventory and then have a huge rush when the new stuff comes out in 2011?

Just a thought.

Maybe they will just stop sending them to the US period! I'm glad I got mine suckas :laugh:

It possible that this economy is causing dealers to have an overstock. Maybe they are skipping a year so that people will buy the old inventory and then have a huge rush when the new stuff comes out in 2011?

Just a thought.

That was my thought, the hayabusa has been a major cash cow for Suzuki the past ten years however most people just aren't buying luxury items right now. Much less the most expensive sport bike Suzuki offers. I agree with you, I think Suzuki is just trying to generate cash flow and reduce debt by liquidating old stock.

I wouldn't say it's crap without checking some where else first. I called a friend of mine who owns a multi-brand dealership in PA, and he confirmed that this is true. As of now there will be no 2010 Suzuki's delivered to the dealers.

Rob

Well if you wanted the 2010's just take the extra 2k you'd be spending on that bike and buy new fairings to make them look like 2010's. You wouldn't know the difference! :laugh:

These price increases are a straight up joke! Buy a leftover 2009 or a used 08/09 model. What really rubs my @SS is the re-sale value of the 08/09 Busas, what a joke! They want top dollar for the new ones yet the minute you drive it out of the dealership you lost 5k on the value! I got alot of flack on this web site for purchasing my 09 for $13,199.00 but now that figure seems small compaired to the 2010 models. Suzuki is laughing all the way to the bank. Personally I will never buy any motorcycle new again no matter how much I like the bike. Do your homework and buy used so you too won't get fleeced!

Would love for them to release the white canadian model to the US. It would look really good sittin next to my '06 LE!!:thumbsup:

What dealer did you visit in Austin? Cool to see another person from the Austin area. :beerchug:

I went into Woods talked to a guy named Mikey, seemed pretty and laid back, not pushy at all.

I really have no interest in paying more $$ for a 2010, I just wanted to sit on a gen II and get the feel for it. I plan on buying a pre-owned 08 in the spring hopefully. Its been a dream of mine for a LONG time, since about 04 and I think I can finally make the buy this year. We'll see :thumbsup:

well my cousin just found a 08 black and orange at the dealership with 0 miles the crate it was in was marked wrong so when they opened it he saw it and got it he ended up paying 12000 otd and i have an 09 and i paid 12500 out the door i dont know who got the better deal???

They only had 1 Busa at the SC motorcycle show this past weekend. The reps had no info and seemed to not want to talk about it.

I heard that next busa that was to be released was late 2010 and will be a gsx1500r hayabusa, somthing about a reply to Kaws zx14 If it were true that thing would have to a BEAST ! would luv to see it.
Posted via Mobile Device

The 1500 was an april fools joke.
We do have the 2010 colors here in Oz but they are rebadged 2009 stock.
Idiots at the dealership trying to tell me they were 2010 stock in DEC 2009, i asked the guy if he understood the meaning of manufacture date ?

No shortage of suzuki's down here anyway

Back