2010 Suzuki Models???????? NADA

Pardini

Donating Member
Registered
Went to the IMS in San Mateo today. Suzuki's presence was sparse. Don't know why they even bothered to show up. Nothing but 09's there and a 08 B King.

Chatted with the American Suzuki Rep. He said they are not bringing in any 2010 Street bikes to the U.S. . They are building 2010 models but not exporting them into the States.

They are trying to reduce U.S. dealers 09 inventory, come April they will look at what's left of the 09's and then decide if they will bring any 2010's in to the U.S.

It will be model specific, if and when they ship 2010's to the States. So could be they don't sell any 2010's here or could just import 600's or what ever 09 model's that are getting sold out. But, nothing is coming in until at least April.

He was pretty certain that the 08 B King is the only B King we will ever see.

Bottom line is, Yes Suzuki is building 2010's, but it's very unlikely that the U.S. will see the entire model line. Could be we don't see any or might get a few select models depending on how the 09's clear out of inventory come April.

That's probably the smart thing to do. No sense in having all these new 08s and 09s just sitting in a warehouse. From what I read there's no major changes in any of their 2010 model lines so we aren't missing out on anything expect new colors.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's probably the smart thing to do. No sense in having all these new 08s and 09s just sitting in a warehouse. From what I read there's no major changes in any of their 2010 model lines so we aren't missing out on anything expect new colors.
but the BNG are the biggest part about new busa

Suzuki is going to start forcing inventory on dealerships. Dealers used to be able to order the types of bikes that they sell frequently, and not order bikes that don't sell in their area. Starting this winter the dealers will be told by Suzuki what they need to order.

When Kawasaki started doing that they caused several more specialized dealers to close shop.

It's a really bad way to do business, but it looks good on the books for the manufacture.

Suzuki.ca has the 2010's listed but Suzuki.com doesn't. Does that mean Canada is getting the new ones or are the websites not up to date? Anybody heard what we are getting in Canada?

Interesting they decided not to show the 2010's; does seem to suggest we may not see them in the US. But, if I was in the market, why wouldn't I just wait for the 2011's?

Wonder why they wouldn't change the inventory method to an "on-demand" type of system--that is, ship the order as it's purchased?

Be a good time to buy if you been waiting; " yeah I own a 2010 Busa, they only sold 92 of them that year " :laugh:

Interesting they decided not to show the 2010's; does seem to suggest we may not see them in the US. But, if I was in the market, why wouldn't I just wait for the 2011's?

Wonder why they wouldn't change the inventory method to an "on-demand" type of system--that is, ship the order as it's purchased?

Those days are over, a large % of buyers walk into a dealer with the mind set, "I am going home today with a new bike/car" the dealer with the product makes the sale. Impulse buying is alive and well. If no dealer has the model they want, they may buy another model or brand.
I would not wait for weeks to buy a new car or motorcycle if I could go across town and have one the same day.
If people were willing to wait we would still have 14.4 modems. We have the "I want it now" mentality. Not a always bad thing, just the way it is.

Last edited:
Suzuki.ca has the 2010's listed but Suzuki.com doesn't. Does that mean Canada is getting the new ones or are the websites not up to date? Anybody heard what we are getting in Canada?

Asked about Canada. He said he had no idea. Only could say what was going to happen in the U.S.

They didn't show them due to the fact they ARE NOT planning on selling them in the U.S. at this point in time.

Shipping a single bike from Japan is likely to cost as much as shipping 25.

Be a good time to buy if you been waiting; " yeah I own a 2010 Busa, they only sold 92 of them that year " :laugh:

Good time to buy an 09 I suppose. They will sell 92 2010's somewhere. Remains to be seen if they will sell 92 or ZERO in the U.S.

Just passing on what American Suzuki had to say. He was up front and matter of fact about it. I didn't have to pry anything out of him. Just asked where are the 2010 bikes all I see are 09's.

It is even affecting the dirt bike division of Suzuki. A side bar article in my new issue of Dirt Rider magazine states, "no 2010 Suzuki dirtbikes until March" due to excess leftover '09 inventory.
They even have a completely new model 450 enduro bike for '10, not even releasing it in the US before March. They're there, just aren't going to be here for a while.
But, you look around the other motorcycle sites and see a lot of '10 bikes aren't going to be here until January or February.
2009 has been an epic bad year. This is just another delayed result from it.

Sorry for my ignorance, but is there any significant difference between the 09's and 2010's? I'll be getting mine on July of 2010. Is the Busa design going to change anytime soon?

Well I'm ready to purchase a 2010 model, So looks like Suzuki will not have any sales until march or april, If most people hold out like myself. Unless I can get a GREAT price on a 2009 and 1.9% finance until end of NOV.

best price I got is 10,300 out the door. black 09 GSXR 1000.

just one more reason to get a turbo for the busa you already own:thumbsup: N/A busas arent much fun after you feel the boost. Its like looking at the sticker on the riding lawn mower...TURTLE=stock busa and RABBIT=turbo busa

Last edited:
Back