200mph

MET

The Watcher
Registered
OK gang, How many of you have been @ or over a true 200mph. Not top end best, @200mph or over. That is GPS or radar or yellow box. I am not there yet, close but know cigar.
Soooooooooooooon for me this month in a 9/10 run.

I have been 207.34 by gps. I think there is more there gonna wait for the weather to cool and maybe change gearing.....

Great job Knebnr. I hope to see 210mph by the end of summer. Come on there has to be more of the gang?

Do airplanes count????
biggrin.gif

Indicated 175 for me. A question though...I've been up to the indicated 170's a handfull of times. The bike seemed planted up to the 160's (indicated) or so. When I broke the 170 mark things around the bike seemed to change (its hard for me to explain, but the bike just didn't feel as planted). Maybe it was just a confidence issue, I dont know. What was it like on those 190+ runs. How did the bike feel? How did you adjust the bike for the run (tire pressure, suspension, etc)?

I've been well over 200. And not only was the ride exceptionally smooth, but the stewardess was great

withstupid.gif
withstupid.gif
207mph recorded on my girlfriends '2000'
model @ at drag-track. London

Not tried any attempts on my 2002 yet, just running it in.

There was a Drag converted Busa there that clocked 260+
but it wasn't road spec.
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

withstupid.gif

aktion033.gif

OK TJ I get the point.
biggrin.gif

Dezzy7 how much over 200mph on the GPS? What do you have for a set up?

Don't know my speedo only goes to 280kmh and it's been plenty past there, ....one thing for sure though.......their ain't nothin in the rear view mirror, could not go any quicker my jacket gets animated and starts to slap the daylights out of me..then my vision goes..then the nerves....!!

Grumpy
devil.gif

I'm nervous now and should be...in about an hour, at sunrise, I have the chance to go for it...have a GPS...a 5 mile straight,
no wind no traffic..just a rabbit or two..stock gearing,tre,small air box mod,punched out stock mufflers,fresh
oil change..correct chain tension, good tires...
Somebody talk me out of it PLEASE...Or talk me into it..
wow.gif

Kawafastski,

Well it is already morning. I don't think you will hit 200mph with that set up. Good luck.

Thanks NinjaEater...is it Ok if it's a slight downhill at first...
200 mph anyway you can get it...I still think it would count for something...I live on the west coast..and the sun isn't up yet even now..as i type..bikes in the driveway now..OHBOY
Will post a pic of the GPS readout..when i get back..
exclamation.gif

confused.gif
Tach said 11,200 in 5th gear...wouldn't upshift into sixth..
Being the tach is off abit...actual 10800 revs?? 184..as per Roadrunners gear chart page..GPS said 176....This Sucks!!!
Attempt # 2..this time in 6th ....tach said 10100 or so.....
couldn't see..tunnel vision,road looked as wide as a 2x4....
SHEEZ..  :hammerhead:  Like Ninja Eater sez..and me..becoming a true
200 mph member is ...............

HAVEN'T BEEN BUT WISH I COULD, CAN'T AFFORD THE MODS TO DO IT NOW MAYBE IN THE FUTURE.

Kawafastski,

Does not matter if it is slightly down hill at those speeds. Still counts on the meter.

Damp out here today so no real high runs. Did shift at 140mph on a cruise from 5th to 6th and the tire came up a couple inches. That is scary, next time a little smother shifting would be nice

Back