Will A 'standard' Gen2 Hit 200mph ?

Rivercop UK

Registered
Right .... Given that I'm in no financial state to look at Turbo's, will a Busa Gen2 hit 200mph without major modifications ?

I've already got a filter & performance exhaust, but its standard other than that. Obviously I'm looking at having the ECU flashed as soon as I find a UK guy who can do it.

So with what I've got (& getting) how far off 200mph will I be ?

You will need more than pipe and tune.
The correct exhaust
A real tune
Race fuel
Wheel bearing
Flat tank
And some more but 200 on a gen 2 with out valve cover off. Is possible

Right . . . .
Given that I'm in no financial state to look at Turbo's,
will a Gen 2 Hayabusa hit 200 mph without major modifications ?

I've already got a filter & performance exhaust,
but its standard other than that.

Obviously I'm looking at having the ECU flashed as soon as I find a UK guy who can do it.

So with what I've got (& getting) how far off 200 mph will I be ?

You find the right stretch of down hill road with a tail wind ~ add a bunch of gear to the mix and don't be afraid to pin it . . .

The simple answer ~ would be YES you can .

A 55 series rear tire, or a 41 tooth rear sprocket.
Even with 1000hp, a gen2 can only do a best of 197mph with stock gearing.

You also need a minimum of a mile, likely more, and plenty of room to stop.
So a 2 to 3 mile stretch is ideal.
At 200mph you'll be covering almost 300' per second.
No mirrors and a good tuck will help get you there.

The location is sorted at a Elvington Raceway (Old 2nd WW runway). I'm going next year to see what the old girl can do. Just trying to put together something that can get in the ball-park. I guessed about the rear sprox so that will get changed. For a big bloke I can tuck in well and yes I have no fear of nailing it ! ...

Will race fuel work in a standard engine or do you have to tune for it ?
Why wheel bearings ?

On that video .. Liking the inboard mirrors ... You know who makes them / where you can buy them ?

MR12 fuel will have to be tuned, getcha about 8 hp on a stock engine, 0wt oil, ceramic wheel bearings, non-oring chain, remove the top speed limiter, 180 rear tire, sprockets. In a hp limited state you need to minimize friction where ever you can
Diet, try to get to about 140 lbs or less.
Oh forgot a tail wind!

The location is sorted at a Elvington Raceway (Old 2nd WW runway).

I'm going next year to see what the old girl can do.

Just trying to put together something that can get in the ball-park.

I guessed about the rear sprocket so that will get changed.

For a big bloke I can tuck in well and yes I have no fear of nailing it ! . . .

Will race fuel work in a standard engine or do you have to tune for it ?

Why wheel bearings ?

On that video . . .

Liking the inboard mirrors . . .

You know who makes them / where you can buy them ?

OReilly-Logo1.png

Very, very seldom does a rookie at one of these events make it to 200 on a nearly stock bike. It takes practice and time learning about all the many nuances to be able to get the bike to accelerate to 200 within a mile. I've first hand witnessed many a turbo bike making "450" wHP, not break 200 mph. While you don't have to weigh 140 lbs, it does help the smaller you are;it's not only the tuck, but the acceleration.

Very, very seldom does a rookie at one of these events make it to 200 on a nearly stock bike. It takes practice and time learning about all the many nuances to be able to get the bike to accelerate to 200 within a mile. I've first hand witnessed many a turbo bike making "450" wHP, not break 200 mph. While you don't have to weigh 140 lbs, it does help the smaller you are;it's not only the tuck, but the acceleration.

I would burn it if I could not get to 200mph with over 400 horses something not right there :thumbsup:

Mcn motorcyclenews paper ran the hayabusa for a full year in 2015 with the goal of hitting 200 mph.They did it by changing to full exhaust and ecu flash (limiter only).Rivercop do a search on the mcn website and you will find it.

Mcn motorcyclenews paper ran the hayabusa for a full year in 2015 with the goal of hitting 200 mph.They did it by changing to full exhaust and ecu flash (limiter only).Rivercop do a search on the mcn website and you will find it.

They had to have switched to a smaller rear sprocket, or taller rear tire.
Otherwise, it's not physically possible.

I've just bought the 'Boost By Smith' box and harness and downloading ECU Editor now. Already got the filter / exhaust.

Would it be advisable to get a O2 sensor eliminator / Pair block off plates or would they not really make a difference to top speed ?

I would burn it if I could not get to 200mph with over 400 horses something not right there :thumbsup:

Typically, the biggest error made is showing up with an extended swing arm with gearing for 250 mph. About the 1/2 mile mark, the rear tire just screams....as the bike slows down.

I've just bought the 'Boost By Smith' box and harness and downloading ECU Editor now. Already got the filter / exhaust.

Would it be advisable to get a O2 sensor eliminator / Pair block off plates or would they not really make a difference to top speed ?

If you're using the stock air/fuel map, I'de leave the O2 sensor for now.

Back