200mph for 500 miles ?

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
I have always wondered why nobody ever started a speed series of motorcycle racing. I have been to the Daytona 200 a couple of times and really enjoyed seeing them fly around turns 3 and 4. Would it not be interesting to see some bikes go all the way around the ovals without slowing for infield turns ?

How bout 43 liter class bikes at Daytona for a real 200 miles ????:whistle:

Pit stops, maybe rider changes.

Daytona, Talledega, Atlanta, California, Texas all good tracks for high speed
racing.

Any thoughts ? ???

That speed constantly cornering on the same side like in Nascar .... hhmmm how long would the tire last??? I mean how many miles would you get out of tire doing that ??? Any track guys out there have an educated guess, can this be a good an exciting race.:laugh:

Got to tell you though I love to see them racing through the turns jogging for position through the turns.:thumbsup:

That is where the engineers would have to come in and make a dual compund tire hard on the left side for all that leaning.
They would also have to build engines that could run flat out for distance as well.
I would love to get my bike out on Daytona and hold it open for a few laps.

It would be neat and VERY DANGEROUS !

They do it on dirt ovals...old ones on board ovals. It seems that it would attract a different type of rider, which is good, just making a bunch of left hand turns etc.

How about a Cannon Ball Run? Man that would be fun.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes there are those that ride LSR events and those that road race on track.
Your balls I believe would have to be bigger than both to combine both forms and hold on flat out for.............................................................................................a long time. I have as all ridden fast in places not for long. It is diff to imagine being able to hold a Busa open for even a mile but imagine lap after lap....Geesh I got Wood :laugh:

i know someone whose done quite a few of those.... :whistle::whistle: LA to San Diego......40 min....:whistle: a daytona 500 for bike would be sweet, but very risky.... i wonder what the pitstops would be like

I would love to see a Cannonball style run just for motorcycles and would be the first to enter. :beerchug::thumbsup::cheerleader:

Talladega would be interesting, it's been repaved in the last couple of years and is glass smooth. Nascar will be running the trucks and cups at the end/beginning of the month. :thumbsup:

I would love to see a Cannonball style run just for motorcycles and would be the first to enter. :beerchug::thumbsup::cheerleader:

They were actually attempting to do it in the US 2 years ago, I even have the shirt from the pre sales...however the actual event never took place.

I believe the authorities may have found out a little more than enough to shut it down~!~

http://www.cannonballbikerun.com/

CannonBall Motorcycle Run Back To The USA from Bikes in the Fast Lane - Daily Motorcycle News

The Cannonball movies turned the event into a famous "race". But few people know that the Cannonball run was a true story. It started with Erwin G. "Cannon Ball" Baker, a passionate biker who set several endurance and US coast-to-coast records back in the 1900's.

His exploits were the inspirations for the movies. Then came the CannonBall runs for cars. They also made it to the TV. In the mean time, in Europe, the motorcycle Cannonball runs were started {link} {link}, and proved to be immensely popular. The ride consists of four days hard riding, not on the European autoroutes/autobahns/autostradas, but on the small roads.

Now, in 2007, the organizers are going back to where it all started, California, USA ! On 13 May 2007, the CannonBall Bike Run is to start in Los Angeles, ending somewhere in Las Vegas on the 20th, 2500 miles of racing. The conclusion of the race, is a 48 hour party !

If you've followed the car part, you'll see that the motorcycle version follows the same pattern; riding ability, endurance and party ! Each day covers about 9 hours of intense motorcycle riding. The interstate roads will be avoided. The exact itinerary is kept secret until each day, when the road-books are handed out. The top European riders from the European events will all participate.

Each contestant's luggage will be transferred to the luxury hotel at the destination. There will be technical back-up and support available throughout the run.

The entry fee is $3950 per bike/rider and the price includes everything apart from fuel.

No, sanctioned events only , EMS on sight. It would be better than the cars I think :whistle: We need to keep it clean give us rice burners a better name for ourselves.
How many bikes do you think the makers would sell if somehow 150,000 people turned
out to see the Daytona 200 for bikes ?

Well, um...we can run Maxton back and forth 500 times~!~ :whistle:

:rofl:

I know what your saying, would be a blast to watch something like a two wheel Nascar~!!~

I've seen them run a race or two like that in the past, but nothing too common...

Back