2011 Daytona 200 *SPOILER ALERT*

05 Busa LE

Donating Member
Registered
I didn't see the end of the race (it's supposed to be aired tonight, on SPEED), but I read about it on SPEED's website. After I saw Eslick get off at 160+ mph while exiting the banking (unbelievable he was able to get back up and eventually continue after the mandatory red flag to evaluate--yes, you guessed it--a tire issue), I realized what a ridiculous spectacle this "race" has become. And then to read of another high-speed crash at the finish line, I can't imagine ever wanting to see the Daytona 200 again.

In my opinion, sportbikes (and sports cars) have no business on an oval created for NASCAR, simply because you can put a few corners on a boring, orange-coned infield. It's gotten to the point where Daytona is an extremely dangerous track for sport bikes, and it seems that NASCAR is more interested in wrecks than the sport of road racing.

I'm done watching sports cars and motorcycles run on a modified oval track, meant for high speed left hand turns. I want to see real road racing on tracks like Laguna Seca, Mid-Ohio, Watkins Glen, and Road America (sorry if I left out your favorite road track).

Ok, rant over.

Back