daytona 200

superbusaman

Registered
iam thinking about going down to daytona this year for the 200 and the supercross. has anyone been? and also what grand stand would you recommend? i have been to the races at mid-ohio and you can walk in the pits and all that stuff is it the same at daytona or no? the speedway website doesnt show how the track is set up for the bikes so i dont know where to sit. thanks

Ill stop by the track this weekend see if i cant reccomend a section. If you're in the stands you cant get to the pits however. If you get a spot in the infield and camp with some friends etc you can get to the pits. Infield is the place to be, where all the parties are, but harder to see the action of the entire track. Then again, dont know if they allow people in the infield during the cycle races since they use more then just the outside perimeter of the track. Ill see what i can find out..
Sam

They can change stuff one day from the other but last year the cheap seats were outside the fence and imfield was standing around on the track itself! I live between two that work for Bill so always get tickets! well most races anyway and will probably just watch it on speed this year!
00000000621.jpeg

00000000615.jpeg

from those pics it looks like they let people stand on the track for the supercross? the tower seats are $40 and they are suppose to be the better of the seats, just not sure wich tower to pick

going to depend on where they place the dirt ...it varies slightly from year to year and also is affected by the infield changes they make in the off season.
daytona used to be a favorite, but I personally do not care for the whole daytona "fan zone" crap.

but who knows...other might like it.

I know the one event i will for sure try to make is the Rolex 24 Hour!
Anyone having tix, infield, with hot pit passes.....please chime in!
beerchug.gif

We went to the Aria
beerchug.gif
200 in 2004, man did that kick ass. It cost alot, but worth every dime of admission!
We will be there this year!

Good Luck!

I'm talking about the 200-they changed the track configuration a few years ago-but seagrave is still a grteat section to watch the race----

I have been a bunch of times. Spent the bucks 1 year to be in the Winston Tower. It was nice catered, beer, chicks, the potato salad almost killed us though.

You could leave the suite and go down into the grand stand, it was all good.

BUT........I think the best place is the infield. You ride your bike in thru the tunnel and can go almost anywhere you want. Bleachers near the old international horseshoe are the best.

I have only set in the grand stand for the MX. I would think you would need a 'badge' for the infield at the MX.

can u get in the infield if you dont ride your bike in? iam gonna be flying down from ny nad have a rental car. we pretty much just want to
beerchug.gif

Back